PDA

View Full Version : High Elves or Wood Elves

CircUs_1943
19-02-2009, 19:50
A friend of mine has decided to switch armies! Now he is in the army :p and has little to no spare time and has asked me to get some information for him. I am turning to you, the community, that probably know more about these armies then I ever have.

How would you say these two armies play? All I know about elves is that they are very very very squishy :D.

How does a standard army look for either of these factions? Heavy skirmish? Heavy &/or light cavalry? Superior infantry? Magic friendly? Etc :angel:

isidril93
19-02-2009, 20:00
wood elves are a faster more fragile elven army (the most fragile of the elves). but then they have the most access to beasties in the form of forest spirits.

wood elves are more of an msu army, with many skirmishers while high elves are rnf troops, rellying on ranks of elite warriors

CircUs_1943
19-02-2009, 20:05
Allright, that clarifies some :), thank you!

Neckutter
19-02-2009, 20:10
i would say go for High Elves. they have neat units, arent going to be changed anytime soon and have extremely awesome rules. i also like the way the new high elves look. although the wood elves look amazing as well. the whole model line for wood elves is awesome, but they are extremely fragile. they hit hard, but have a glass chin. it might be frustrating to a new player if they were playing and their army was too fragile. it is the reason i got tired of empire, thats for sure.

isidril93
19-02-2009, 20:27
for some ideas you could look at thetactica

CircUs_1943
19-02-2009, 20:31
That is actually what I am doing right now my friend :).