PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to collect CC Black Templar Crusade Squads?

c4z
20-02-2009, 20:37
My friend is starting out a Black Templar army but got a little disappointed when he noticed that there's no close combat weapons in the original Tactical Squad boxes. What's the cheapest and easiest way to asemble a CC Crusader squad? It's kinda annoying that you only get six Chainsword + Bolt Pistol in the Black Templar upgrade box, I mean does he have to buy two upgrade boxes for every squad he wants to asemble!? That's very expensive!

Laser guided fanatic
20-02-2009, 20:45
Get the Chapter Upgrade boxes from GW. I think their direct only atm though. Or alternativley use assauly marines w/o jump packs.

chaoz94
20-02-2009, 22:08
My friend is starting out a Black Templar army but got a little disappointed when he noticed that there's no close combat weapons in the original Tactical Squad boxes. What's the cheapest and easiest way to asemble a CC Crusader squad? It's kinda annoying that you only get six Chainsword + Bolt Pistol in the Black Templar upgrade box, I mean does he have to buy two upgrade boxes for every squad he wants to asemble!? That's very expensive!

you could always get a squad of bezerkers or chaos marines
file off/cut off all the chaos symbols and youve pratically got a winner
(because both of those boxes come with a heap of close combat weapons)

ReveredChaplainDrake
20-02-2009, 22:08
I always used Space Wolf Blood Claws. 10 guys, all Bolt Pistols & CCWs, a Meltagun, a Power Weapon, and a Power Fist. That's usually a good foundation for any Crusader Squad. Just buy a couple boxes of them and you should be able to more than compensate for the missing CCWs in the BT upgrade box for a few squads.

What I've alternately seen is 10x Crusader Squads who take the 6x Pistol & CCWs from the upgrade box, add in the "Sergeant" BP+CCW upgrade, add a Meltagun, upgrade one guy to a Power Fist, and then count the "Power Sword" as a Close Combat Weapon. There, 10 guys.

fracas
20-02-2009, 22:10
spacewolves bloodclaws

Doppleskanger
20-02-2009, 22:40
Have you no other mates? ;) Nah I'n just saying if you are part of a club you wouldn't have a problem getting hold of spare chainswords and bolt pistols.

Seriously if you're really stuck i'll send you some! PM me.

c4z
21-02-2009, 17:01
Have you no other mates? ;) Nah I'n just saying if you are part of a club you wouldn't have a problem getting hold of spare chainswords and bolt pistols.

Seriously if you're really stuck i'll send you some! PM me.
Heh, well we live in a small city in northen Sweden, Warhammer aint a big thing up here.

He says that he'll probably go for the Blood Claw solution, but thanks anyway! :)

Gimp
21-02-2009, 17:11
Your best bet

Space Wolf Bloodclaws.

10 marines, 1 powerfist, 1 meltagun and 1 power weapon. Just dont add on the "wolfy" bits and your fine.