PDA

View Full Version : Does Cold Blooded work for Psychology?>

vamp
21-02-2009, 03:06
I came to the conclusion apparently that you could use the battle standard to reroll failed stupidity tests ( mordhiem taught me to think that way)..falsely so...... this brings me to my question..

Do units with coldblooded get to roll 3 dice and discard the highest dice when taking psychology tests.? These are not called leadership tests. These are termed "psychology tests" How is it worded in the book?

Ultimate Life Form
21-02-2009, 03:22
As LM player, you are in the comfortable situation of being allowed to roll 3 dice at any test that has something to do with leadership, so, yes, go ahead and use 3 dice all the time when taking psychology tests. By the way, I play a Mordheim Lizardmen Warband, which is quite fun, even though, sadly, my renowned Skink Great Crest, Qi-Huixl, bit the dust recently. But using cold blooded against fear-causing opponents or on rout tests is priceless. Saurus Heroes have a max Ld of 10, and this, coupled with cold blooded, makes them rout... well, never. Try it...

Asmodiseus
21-02-2009, 04:19
Psych tests are a form of leadership tests. Think of it as a tree graph

Leadership Tests
| |
| |
| |
Pysch Tests Break Tests
| |
Panic Stupidity
Fear Terror

Any item under "Leadership Tests" get to use 3D6 and discard the highest (There is probably more but you get the point)
If an item effects Psych tests, it effects everything on the list except break tests for example.

vamp
21-02-2009, 04:45
The lizardmen are not an official warband. One of the largest reasons they never balanced them for Mordhiem was their coldblooded rule.

So are stupidity tests and Im told you cannot use a the BSB to reroll stupidity.

How is the cold blooded rule worded? May roll 3 dice for panic/break tests and discard the highest? Or is it worded all leadership based tests?

Necromancy Black
21-02-2009, 05:06
Hang on, in now way shape or form do the rules for the BSB say you can re-roll phsycology test. What you re-roll are failed break tests.
Why on earth would you roll for anything else when the rules says break tests?

Cold-Blooded says that for all Leadership tests Lizardmen roll 3d6 and discard the highest dice.

So yes, you use this for ANYTHING that is based on your leadership that the Lizardmen player get's to roll. It doesn't work if the oppanant rolls the dice (such as the Banshee's wail and Casket of Souls) as these are not leadership tests.

Dokushin
21-02-2009, 05:17
The lizardmen are not an official warband. One of the largest reasons they never balanced them for Mordhiem was their coldblooded rule.

So are stupidity tests and Im told you cannot use a the BSB to reroll stupidity.

How is the cold blooded rule worded? May roll 3 dice for panic/break tests and discard the highest? Or is it worded all leadership based tests?

BSBs are only for Break tests, as stated in the rulebook.

Cold-Blooded states all "Leadership tests", which includes all psychology and break tests as a subset.

You've really got it in for LM tonight, don't you? :)

EDIT: Ninja'd by a Necro :D

Asmodiseus
21-02-2009, 08:21
I think vamp may have been talking about in mordheim?

Braad
21-02-2009, 08:42
Hang on, in now way shape or form do the rules for the BSB say you can re-roll phsycology test. What you re-roll are failed break tests.
Why on earth would you roll for anything else when the rules says break tests?

He already conceded that he did this wrong, and that mordheim rulesset was to blame. No need to rub it in.
And I can imagine making such errors when you play with two or more similar rulessets. There's just so much a person can stuff into his head.

For the rest, asmodiseus diagram is quite cool, so stick to that.