PDA

View Full Version : ultimate 2009 pt limit tourney list

Gharof von Carstein
21-02-2009, 11:19
after much much much (yes its been that much) consideration. I decided to call in the help of one of the top VC generals Malorian. I asked him to colaborate with me on a list and so me and him finally cranked out a winner. this will be the list im fielding at the tournament and i expect it to do very well vs the majority of daemons and lizardmen players as well as the rest of the all comers.

without further ado:

Vamp lord
-Master of the black arts
-forbidden lore
-summon ghouls
-crown of the damned
-flayed hauberk,
-+magic level
= 415p

vampire
-dark acolyte
-summon ghouls
-black periapt
= 160p

vampire
-dark acolyte
-book of arkhan
= 185

necromancer
-extra spell (vanhels, raise dead)
-sceptre de noirot
-corpse cart with balefire
= 195p

Ghouls + Ghast x 15 = 128p

Corpse cart + balefire = 100p

Black knights x6
-bannerwearer
-royal standard of strigoi
= 219p

Varghulf = 175p
Varghulf = 175p

= 2008p

so what you guys think? i know one of the vampires is a little armour low but thats oke. hes gonna cram into the same unit as my general so hell be sure to get some nice protection. i didnt feel like turning my second summoner into a handicaped vamp just to give him armour. kinda beats the purpose of being a summoner. the forbidden lore on the lord may turn into a ace up my sleeve. against wood elves lore of fire might help out lots, lore of metal vs chaos or dark elves, or lore of light (if im that desperate) against daemons. mostly it will be lore of the vampires. but its nice to have options :)

Malorian
21-02-2009, 16:18
I thought the necromaner was on a cart?

Gharof von Carstein
21-02-2009, 17:26
whoops! he is. posted that wrong. edited

D.E.E. Tom
22-02-2009, 12:32
Give em hell and post how the battles went, I can't be at the tournament so let me know how you did.

Coram_Boy
22-02-2009, 12:40
:( 2 Varghulfs.... Only joking, good luck in the tourney!

madival
22-02-2009, 17:08
I would drop the None summoning vampire for a Mounted Wightking bsb with Nightshroud and sword of kings to protect your general, but this is more a personal choice.

woodulikeanother
22-02-2009, 19:09
ok so this may be off topic a little, but i thought BSB's couldnt have magical equipment madival? or is this a new rule in 7th ed now? or just for VC?

bork da basher
22-02-2009, 20:20
BSB's generally can't have magic items IF they have a magic standard, if no magical standard then they can use magic items as per the usual restrictions.

as for the list i think 2 vargulfs in 1 too many perhaps, i find them far too easy to take out and they are quite expensive for what they can do. one in support of some knights down a flank is great but two may be unneccesary.

im not a fan of necro corpsecarts, for the points i'd much rather have another vampire. yes the duel balefire will be nice to have but i think one is plenty. i always liked a vampire with talisman of lycni, avatar of death, supernaturual horror and the armour of night. keep him in a unit until a nice juicy target presents itself. any chariot that comes close is dead meat and can even be used as an effective warmachine hunter at a pinch. this is just preferance mind you.

i'd take a few less ghouls to begin with maybe, with the amount of summoning your capable of by the time you reach combat even starting at 10 strong those ghoul units could easily be pushing 20-25. again preferance.

one thing i like to use in summoning lists is fell bats and a vamp with summon creatures of the night. a 3 strong bat unit can grow to an irritating size quite quickly and provides a reasonable defense against marchblocking flyers which can be a real irritant or a good screen for your black knights and vargulf(s) or to harrass warmachines etc.

overall its a good list as is, i can see what your aiming for and it should work fine without change at all i'd just do things a smidge differantly maybe.

good luck with the tourney.

drews3f
23-02-2009, 03:14
get rid of one vargulf and gets some wraiths and scrap necromancer for vampire on nightmare with helm of command and extra magic lvl to go with the wraiths

Gharof von Carstein
23-02-2009, 08:40
its a 30 man tournament with several lizardmen and about 7 daemons entering. what good are wraiths gonna do, if your really honest ;) its one of the reasons i went double corpse cart with balefire. the necro was just easy vanhels acces and the only thing that would still fit pointwise, cant fit another tooled out vamp in there if i wanted to. dropping the second varghulf is a big nuh uh. i tested it and one is great, two is just better.

W0lf
23-02-2009, 14:15
Take manfred the hero.

Thats my best advice. Him with periapt (for 3 PD 0 DD) is just sick. I love how i know for certain every game ill have danse and curse. Oh and his sword really comes in handy

Gharof von Carstein
23-02-2009, 22:18
except for the fact most tournaments dont allow special characters. but still...thx anyway :)

Time of Madness
23-02-2009, 22:56
Yet they allow you to be over by 8pts? 2008pts? Drop a ghoul and get your list under 2000pts! I don't understand the concept of a 2009pt tourney?
Time of Madness

Gharof von Carstein
24-02-2009, 06:48
well think about it. its what year again? :D

Gharof von Carstein
03-03-2009, 15:13
playtested the list and it performed admirably. i was underwhelmed at the necro being a zombie raiser. it goes a little faster with a 10 minimum instead of a 5 minimum. the extra 5 are better added through a one dice IoN do. Most of my vampires were doing the zombie raising with the necro either vanhelsing (his main purpose) or just having one dice (one dice raise dead is only 33.3% succes) i decided to swap his raise dead for IoN to heal the odd wound or help raise up zombies (50% succes rate = much better) while still having his vanhels capabilities up. he will probably take a ghoul unit at the flank. doing this brought down his point cost considerably (which is good) and helped me take a 7th black knight (which is even better) i really noticed that they do need that outnumber to just win it. this way together with a varghulf they will always outnumber no matter what. ill be submitting this list to the tournament organisation in a few weeks after some more playtesting.
remember this is a 2009 point limit tournament

Vamp lord
-Master of the black arts
-forbidden lore
-summon ghouls
-crown of the damned
-flayed hauberk,
-+magic level
= 415p

vampire
-dark acolyte
-summon ghouls
-black periapt
= 160p

vampire
-dark acolyte
-book of arkhan
= 185

necromancer
-extra spell (vanhels, IoN)
-corpse cart with balefire
= 170p

Corpse cart + balefire = 100p

Black knights x7
-bannerwearer
-banner of the dead legion
-musician
= 247p

Varghulf = 175p
Varghulf = 175p

= 2009p

g0ddy
03-03-2009, 15:45
Man.. I am licking my chops here at the possibilities of what can happen when the year 2250 rolls around ;)

No crown of commandment?
I might second the idea of wraiths over the 2nd Vargulf... Vargulfs however... are great when in range of the BSB.

~ zilla