PDA

View Full Version : Gaulrach chaos dragon of TZ....

Loki73
21-02-2009, 16:26
Anyone use this beast? I was thinking fly behind lines disrupt marching breath attaks and terror bombing. Not to mention spells a go-go. Anyone have any real game experience with him? Any good synergy with other WOC units. I would say not to take the Deamon cannon cause of the miscast posibility. Also I diced out the attacks himself rule. didn't seem to bad. Only did one wound average.

lcfr
21-02-2009, 16:32
For about 100pts more you could have a level 4 sorceror lord on a dragon and equipment like the Book of Secrets and Spell Familiar to know all 6 spells of a given lore. The best part of all is that you wouldn't be stupid and you'd be harder to kill.

lord of blood2000
21-02-2009, 16:55
hahahahahahaha chaos dragon with lv4 sorsre on it .................................................. .................................no you end up bloing your selth up o i roll d6 insted of 2d6 if i miscast and blow my self up it is pontls and you will only get 5 spells from the lore of tzench and 1 spell from the law of fire shadow or death o yer and the great drake is harder
not gust a 3+ armer a 6+ ward haha lol:D and alltogever whot is the ods of faling a leadership teast on ld9 it is 15%chans of faling so the great drake is beter :p

Lordsaradain
21-02-2009, 17:00
lordofblood, your capitalization, spelling, grammar and punctuation is inadequate. Please take your time in the future to post fully comprehensible posts.

bork da basher
21-02-2009, 17:19
sorcerer lord of tzeentch is far better. stupidity test is still a chance of failing when it counts.

galrauch is obviously better than a chaos dragon stat wise but you still get extra attacks from the sorcerer lord as well as access to magic items. eye of tzeentch for a 3+ ward, book of secrets (you only roll 1D6 for miscast for casting the spell in the book, take the puppet if your worried) power familiar for optimum PD and you're onto a winner.

galrauch doesnt even come close to matching against this. less protection, less power dice, less hitting power, doesnt try to eat himself if he fails a test, fair enough doesnt know all lore of tzeentch but 2 of those spells are worthless anyway. you only want flickering fire, pandemonium, treason and gateway. the book of secrets is a great magic item in the hands of the level 4 sorc, the lore of death especially, it's merits far outweighs the risk of using it in my experience.

lord of blood2000
21-02-2009, 17:31
i am sorry but i carnt spell very well why dos sum person complane

riotknight
21-02-2009, 17:49
I'm pretty sure that you're grade 5 english teacher would have a brain aneurism if she saw that.

lord of blood2000
21-02-2009, 17:56
yes but that isnt the point we ar didcusing the great drake

LION
21-02-2009, 19:17
:p As you can See on Below Link I love Chaos Dragons. I recon in a Tournament Style Game the Soc Lord on a Spawn of Gaulrach is a Far Safer Tactical Move. That said, Old Two Heads is a lot of Fun when he Breathes on Special Charchters or starts Biting his own Tail Off....What about playing a Fun Three Thousand with Both? A Chaos Dragon Hitting Each Flank LION PS Lordsaradin Lay oooffa is spelsing. Itsa Fun noo?

Gramolarian
21-02-2009, 22:40
IŽd say Nurgle chaos sorcerer Lord on dragon is better.
give sorc
Third eye of tzeentch
Conjointed Homunculus
Armor of Moersleb
Crown of everlasting conquest
spell familiar

Good selection of spells, if needed spells from opponent instead of yourself
rider regenerates and has 4+ ward save 5 spells and may add d3 to cast attempt toughness is low but with moersleb and regeneration shouldnŽt be any problem.

opponent has -1 to hit on shooting which makes it quite resilent to crossbow and handgun fire and yet he has decent 4+ ward against cannon balls ... ofcourse mount has none.

Lordsaradain
22-02-2009, 00:45
i am sorry but i carnt spell very well why dos sum person complane

"I am sorry but I can't spell very well, why does some person complain?"

I prefer reading posts that are comprehensible. Comprehensible means that they are understandable. Which is vital if we are to have a discussion, which is the whole point of this forum. Wars have been started because of simple misunderstandings. It is important that you are able to make yourself understood.

Loki73
22-02-2009, 00:59
I think he may not be engklish speaking as a first language. Lets cut him some slack ok?

OK Back OT........

Any in game experiences with the character?

Havock
22-02-2009, 01:11
Galrauch was quite awesome. Now, he isn't.

ROCKY
22-02-2009, 01:53
I think he may not be engklish speaking as a first language. Lets cut him some slack ok?

OK Back OT........

Any in game experiences with the character?

*english :P

Kalec
22-02-2009, 02:49
Galrauch knows the entire lore of tzeentch and does not take up an extra hero slot. If you are going to make him worth using over a regular sorc lord on a dragon, you need to take full advantage of these abilities. It means going magic heavy with a full suite of sorcerers backing Galrauch up, and keeping as many pd available for Galrauch as possible.

lord of blood2000
22-02-2009, 08:10
thax for the slack but i am just dislexic

but eny way the chaos dragon dous take up a hero slot but it is like a lord but 3000pts i will take a chaos dragon and the drake:skull: