PDA

View Full Version : WOC Cavalry army

klstrider28
21-02-2009, 22:51
After i saw GW's idea for an all cavalry list, I decided to edit it up a bit for future use. I have considered Adding a giant and chariot into the list by axing the spawns and a unit of knights.

What do you guys think?

Chaos Sorcerer Lord 385
Level 4
Mark of Tzeentch
Disc of Tzeentch
Book of Secrets
Power Familiar
Dispel Scroll

Chaos Sorcerer 201
Level 2
Mark of Nurgle
Barded Chaos steed
Dispel Scroll
Conjoined Homunculus

Exalted Hero 190
Shield
Sword of Might
Daemonic Mount
Favor of the Gods

5 Marauder Horsemen 81
Flails
Throwing spears

5 Marauder Horsemen 81
Flails
Throwing spears

5 Marauder Horsemen 81
Flails
Throwing spears

5 Chaos Warhounds 30

5 Chaos Warhounds 30

5 Chaos Knights 250
Command

5 Chaos Knights 280
Command
Mark of Nurgle

5 Chaos Knights 285
Command
Banner of Rage

2 x Chaos Spawn 110

2004 pts

lcfr
21-02-2009, 23:34
Musicians on marauder horsemen are a nice touch; really come in handy for times you opt to flee as a charge reaction. You might want to consider dropping the Spawn, w/only 2D6 movement they may have trouble keeping up w/the rest of your army. If you dropped them and shed another 85pts you'd have room for Drogres, which would be truly terrifying.

Besides the Spawn and the lack of musicians the list looks great. Good luck.

EDIT: The company that brought us all those excellent 'Tactics' articles online is taking credit for the all-cav WoC?

fubukii
22-02-2009, 18:13
id consider doing the following

-Giving 1-2 units of the Horsemen MOK 10 str 5 attacks and 10 str 3 attacks is nothing to sneeze at. It will give you a fragile but pretty strong hammer unit, for quite cheap.
- GIve the nurgle knights the banner of rage :P
- Maybe include a unit of khorne knights, once again the extra 10 attacks gained is a huge deal for breaking, or grinding those enemies into dust.
- drop the champions to save points for marks
- not sure about the throwing spears on all your fast cav units but they may prove useful.
-include more hounds, useful at redirecting charges and blocking charges from your frenzied units

evilchaosdoom
24-05-2009, 23:27
Musicians on marauder horsemen are a nice touch; really come in handy for times you opt to flee as a charge reaction.

marauder horsemen ar fast cav

Cobbicus
24-05-2009, 23:48
marauder horsemen ar fast cav

Why yes they are, but I fail to see the relevance of that statement? Could you enlighten me?

As for the list I'm going to have to agree with fubukii. MoK and flails is definetly the way to go with marauder horsemen as its a unit that can pack a heck of a punch and is only 105 points so if your opponent does shoot at them then your only loosing 105.

You definitely want to give your nurgle knights the banner of rage because your are now even more of a hammer unit and even more of a tank, this may cause your opponent to light this unit up with shooting and magic but if he does that then hes letting all those other knights to get by which in my opinion is a worthy sacrifice. Also, since your going to want to get into combat as quick as possible and you want to break on the charge (for the most part) MoK is the way to go, I would drop all of the command on the knight units and give them MoK. With the extra points you can buy a hound unit for each frenzied unit.

On your sorcerer lord he looks good, but I would consider dropping the power familiar in favor of a spell familiar so you have the greatest chance of getting gateway. I would also give him the conjoined homunculus so that if he does get gateway he has a great chance of casting it. Also, golden eye of tzeentch is a MUST have for a disc lord, he dies way to easily to shooting without it, if you can't fit it in then find a way because its a necessity Then I would give your MoN sorcerer infernal puppet for a great magic defense item, and if you can fit it in give either one of those characters an enchanted shield to make them even harder to kill.

evilchaosdoom
25-05-2009, 01:01
fast cavalry auto-rally if they flee as a charge reaction

evilchaosdoom
25-05-2009, 01:04
If a Fast Cavalry unit rallied at the beginning of their turn, they may move normally that turn instead of staying put as other units have to.

Cobbicus
25-05-2009, 01:35
fast cavalry auto-rally if they flee as a charge reaction

Maybe I'm missing where it says that but from what I'm reading the feigned flight rule just allows you to reform as normal and move freely, but they still must roll to rally, which is where the musician comes in handy for the +1 to rally.

Kerill
25-05-2009, 03:25
They don't auto-rally. (Although GW also accidentally put in their lizardmen tactics article it worked that way).

As a result musicians are very useful, in order to get use out of their fast cavalry status.

Nightsword
25-05-2009, 11:50
The company that brought us all those excellent 'Tactics' articles online is taking credit for the all-cav WoC?

Not taking credit. They have a number of army lists online so that you can see various builds and some tactics to go with them. I believe there's a mono-khorne, infantry centric, cavalry centric and a balanced force. None are particularly brutal though.

I agree with lcfr, drop the spawn, they won't be able to keep up. I had a discussion with someone of warseer once, they seemed to think the way to go for marauder horsemen was flails and throwing axes, the extra strength will help. Give them musicians too, it'll help with rallying, which they still have to do.

Eye of tzeentch on your sorcerer lord is essentially IMO, 3+ ward save against shooting (+1 from the mark of tzeentch) will increase his survivability no end, and he will gaurenteed be a target for shooters.

Gaargod
25-05-2009, 18:02
I don't think you need the exalted hero. Your units are good enough without him, and he costs a large chunk of points, which is better used elsewhere.

I agree with dropping throwing spears. Mark of khorne + flails is a very good way to hit things.

I'd say spawns are unncessary too. Take some more doggies maybe.

Knights don't really need any command other than standards. Again, dropping them gives more points. However, mark of khorne is the way to go. Or Nurgle knights with angry banner.
If you have enough points after dropping spawns + knight command + hero and doing the other upgrades, get another unit of knights.