PDA

View Full Version : thinking about starting lizards.. (need help)

Foegnasher
22-02-2009, 18:44
my whole warhammer life i have been a memeber of the skittering skaven, now our oldest and most hated foe calls to me.

i'm looking to put togethera 2250 lizard list. i will only collect this list, i will not try to get every model in the range, or collect 3 or 4 of ever unit choice (like i did with the rats) i have looked at the book, i have played the lizzies, and i think i know what i want.

tell me what you think, i am open to constructive criticism.

oldblood, carnosaur, blade of realities, light armor, enchanted shield.
skink priest, ancient steggy, E.o.t.G, dispel scroll, diadem of power
skink chief, 2d6 inmpact lance, steggy
sarus bsb, 50 pts of magic?

20 saurus, full command, spears
19 sarus, full command, spears
10 skinks
10 skinks

5 cold one cav, full command
3 kroxigors
3 terradons

2 sallies
2 razordons

i'm not sure about the points, but i think i'm close, (i dont have the book yet)
anyone wanna help out?

Desert Rain
23-02-2009, 10:17
Character choices looks good, your core as well. Though you might want to make one, or both, skink units skirmishing.
I don't think that you will need a full command on the cavalty either.

Spirit
23-02-2009, 11:11
For lizardmen i feel that characters are not a nessecity, i would always take one less than the maximum for the points.

also, i dont rate razerdons, there seems to be so much more potential for salamanders. And to be honest, 10 skinks with blowpipes will do just as much as a razordon.

I would do this with your army.

remove the razordons, split the sallies into 2 units of 1 (causing 2 panic checks a turn!)

remove the skink from the stegadon. This probably wont be popular but i find stegadons to be fine on their own.

Add another unit of kroxigor. Im not completely sold on one of these units in an army, they seem to be too expensive, but i think that the more you have, the scarier they become. 3x t4 w3 things are not too difficult to stop, but 6 will guarantee a flank charge and guarantee death.

Lastly i would (if there are points left, which i think there are, add 3 more terradons. These things are amazing, they have the potential to make things dissapear and US2 each means they are brilliant at crossfiring fleeing units.

Lotl Botl
23-02-2009, 20:33
krox i find are more crippling unit as a 4 man squad, also just for point modification your spear saurus unit will still be vey effective at 18 or 21 models, u lose a point of combat res but u gain 4 attacks which will most likely get that 1 and some back, final comment if u ever find ur self with 10 pts. to throw around adding a chmap to the terradon unit can end up being well worth it for challenging wizards hiding in units neer the end of the battle, trip terror dinos will be hard for ur opponent to cope
overall, nice list i used to run much like this before i switched back to a slann

Spirit
23-02-2009, 21:20
krox i find are more crippling unit as a 4 man squad, also just for point modification your spear saurus unit will still be vey effective at 18 or 21 models, u lose a point of combat res but u gain 4 attacks which will most likely get that 1 and some back, final comment if u ever find ur self with 10 pts. to throw around adding a chmap to the terradon unit can end up being well worth it for challenging wizards hiding in units neer the end of the battle, trip terror dinos will be hard for ur opponent to cope
overall, nice list i used to run much like this before i switched back to a slann

Im starting to agree that 4 krox is a good idea,

But challenging wizards is a bit pointless. You will always be able to put 2 terradons in base to base with a wizard, all of which can allocate attacks on the wizard, giving you 4 attacks on him, champ is only 2 (he gets +1 BS) So if anything, a brave in a terradon unit will make mages MORE survivable.

Lotl Botl
23-02-2009, 23:58
sorry i was still thinking old lizzies were the brave-terradon combo stats had 4 str 4 attacks
bit, i find 4 pretty devasting on the charge, also sicne the unit becomes alot weaker for every lost krox it's always nice to be able to spare one for whatever reason (missile fire, magic, previos combat) before the unit becomes ineffective

Kalec
24-02-2009, 00:02
Give the bsb the horned one. The extra save is a godsend for him, gives him mobility to move about the field as needed, and no stupidity. Cut the CoK champ so a character can't hold up the entire unit with an offer you can't refuse.

Roxors45
24-02-2009, 00:29
I dont see anyone posting it, but your point total (i think i have all the points memorized) is 2803. your a good 553 points over.

Couple points.

I assume you want your priest at level 2. This way he gets 2 DD, 2 pool DD and the 2 in the diadem for 6 DD. not bad.

You have the Chief riding a "steggie", not ancient. The ancient would benefit from the warspear (with its higher strength), but we're splitting hairs here.

The only way of skimming points is to lessen your Saurus blocks. They weigh in at 270 an 258 a piece. Also ditching one Salamander will help as 2 is kind of overkill if not facing your beloved ratmen.

If you lose the BSB, the 19 man Saurus unit, and a Sally thats 493. 60 more points to go :/

I find you need to, go themed in order to not suffer from the "everything looks so good so I want ALL of it" syndrome. Carnosaur? Go fast speedy units. If you dont, youll either be hanging the carni back waiting for your Saurus anvil to engage, possibly soaking up magic/shooting in the process or get to the combat before the rest of your army, and get stranded. If you want an anvil take a unit of 24 skinks with 3 krox in it. Theyre faster and can hold up just fine against a center block as your Carni, Cav and Stegadons flank.

If you need further help or point values let me know.

Foegnasher
24-02-2009, 01:11
I dont see anyone posting it, but your point total (i think i have all the points memorized) is 2803. your a good 553 points over.

Couple points.

I assume you want your priest at level 2. This way he gets 2 DD, 2 pool DD and the 2 in the diadem for 6 DD. not bad.

You have the Chief riding a "steggie", not ancient. The ancient would benefit from the warspear (with its higher strength), but we're splitting hairs here.

The only way of skimming points is to lessen your Saurus blocks. They weigh in at 270 an 258 a piece. Also ditching one Salamander will help as 2 is kind of overkill if not facing your beloved ratmen.

If you lose the BSB, the 19 man Saurus unit, and a Sally thats 493. 60 more points to go :/

I find you need to, go themed in order to not suffer from the "everything looks so good so I want ALL of it" syndrome. Carnosaur? Go fast speedy units. If you dont, youll either be hanging the carni back waiting for your Saurus anvil to engage, possibly soaking up magic/shooting in the process or get to the combat before the rest of your army, and get stranded. If you want an anvil take a unit of 24 skinks with 3 krox in it. Theyre faster and can hold up just fine against a center block as your Carni, Cav and Stegadons flank.

If you need further help or point values let me know.

what if i lose the bsb, the kroxigors, and a sally, where am i then. ( i like block infantry)