PDA

View Full Version : terminator heavy weapons?

Mars
07-12-2005, 12:16
For my Death Wing army, I want a unit of those new and shiny Terminators for my HQ squad. Now I was wondering just what heavy weapons one box comes with, as I'll need plenty.

Also, are the new Termies a lot bigger than the previous models? Because the rest of my army will be composed of second hand 3rd edition Terminators. And how about compared to that Terminator Commander, since I want to use him for Grand Master?

This one:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060101111&orignav=10

neXus6
07-12-2005, 12:27
One box comes with one assault cannon, one heavy flamer, and one Cyclone.

So for every 2 yuo buy you can have a 5 man squad with 2 Assault and one with 2 Cyclone. :)

Puffin Magician
07-12-2005, 12:34
The new Terminator Squad comes with 1 Assault Cannon, 1 Heavy Flamer, 1 Cyclone Missile Launcher, 2 Chainfists, a Powersword for the Sergeant, and of course Powerfists and Storm Bolters for the rest [4 of each].

Can't be arsed to make a scale drawing for you because this computer's mouse is rubbish and it doesn't have Photoshop. The old Terminators will definitely be noticeable, but because of their boring static poses more than the size difference. The new Terminators aren't actually much bulkier than their predecessors.

Brizzle
07-12-2005, 19:53
The new Terminators aren't actually much bulkier than their predecessors.

It's more like they're a lot more spread out. It looks more natural. But they really are bigger.

TWB
07-12-2005, 20:03
The new Terminator Squad comes with 1 Assault Cannon, 1 Heavy Flamer, 1 Cyclone Missile Launcher, 2 Chainfists, a Powersword for the Sergeant, and of course Powerfists and Storm Bolters for the rest [4 of each].
And Chainfists

Reinnon
07-12-2005, 20:14
And Chainfists

it seems to me chainfists were on his/her (not sure :)) list

in my experience, the new termies are bigger then the old ones

Puffin Magician
07-12-2005, 20:26
It's more like they're a lot more spread out. It looks more natural. But they really are bigger.Their bodies are a bit taller but it's less noticeable because of their wide leg stance. Their arms are also more spread out, in a "Judo Chop!" action pose rather than the static "I am holding a Storm Bolter" pose of the old models. They look a lot wider as a whole, so minor clipping & repositioning of the legs and arms of the old plastics would be enough to update them.

TWB, you might want to give my post a second look. ;)

his/her (not sure)*double-checks* Yep, I'm a he. :p

TWB
07-12-2005, 20:32
OOps, missed that. well they are worth highlighting again, they are awesome. :D

Reinnon
07-12-2005, 20:34
*double-checks* Yep, I'm a he. :p

ok :)

<notes it down so he doesn't forget>

hootier
07-12-2005, 22:13
The new termies are definitely bigger than the old ones. I personally think it makes the older ones look too small, especially if the older one is supposed to be a character like a librarian or something. The characters should look bigger and badder than the regular guys, not smaller.

And there are 5 storm bolter arms in the box, not 4.

Tyra_Nid
07-12-2005, 22:40
For a side-by-side size comparison , look here:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/tyra_nid/Deathwing/termy_comparison.jpg

Youll be looking at the right hand termy for the comparison, the middle one has spacers in it.

Mars
08-12-2005, 11:21
Sweet, thanks a lot for the help guys!

The Dragon Reborn
09-12-2005, 03:02
I have have a bit of a question, in the box of terminators what the heck is that little gun thing on the little base.

CassiusDraconis
09-12-2005, 03:17
That's The Teleport Homer