PDA

View Full Version : A good 2000- Bret army

Ashim
02-05-2005, 13:56
Is this army eny good? coments?

The Priory of Sion 2000 Pts - Bretonnia Army

1 Bretonnian Lord @ 226 Pts (will join the Grail) (attacks the enemy general)
General; Shield;
Virtue of Confidence
Gauntlet of the Duel
Armour of Agilulf
Birth-sword of Carcasssone

1 Damsel of the Lady @ 120 Pts (will join one of the KOTR, second rank) (will use the silver mirror on the first turn)
Magic Level 1; Lore of Life
The Silver Mirror
warhorse

1 * Paladin @ 118 Pts (joins one of the KOTR)
Lance; Knightly Vow
Gromril Great Helm
Enchanted shild

1 Paladin Battle Standard Bearer @ 204Pts (will join one of the KOTR)
(will attack the unit with the most ranks)
Heavy Armour; Battle Standard Bearer; Knightly Vow
Banner of the Lady
Virtue of Duty

1 Paladin @ 126 Pts (will join the errants) (will attack a unit that outnumber his)
Heavy Armour; Shield; Knightly Vow
Heartwood Lance
Virtue of Discipline (1st)

8 Knights Errant @ 194 Pts
Standard: Errantry banner

8 Knights of the Realm @ 192 Pts

5 Mounted Yeomen @ 75 Pts

3 Pegasus Knights @ 165 Pts

5 Grail Knights @ 190 Pts

Casting Pool: 3
Dispel Pool: 3

Stouty
02-05-2005, 16:13
Drop grail knights and take some more KOTR or knights errant.

Ashim
03-05-2005, 00:19
Drop grail knights and take some more KOTR or knights errant.

well I think its a better to take the grail. for the same pts you get a few more attacks + higher Ws, S and Ld then if I had taken KOTR for the same pts.. in addition the look really cool and is good for the fluff

BullBuchanan
03-05-2005, 00:56
actually grail knights are almost double the cost of KOTR 38 points, but they are MUCH better. Id take as big of a block of grails as you can. A 2+ AS, a 5/6+ ward(yes I know all brets have them but combined with everything else they are awesome) They are immune to pyschology which is huge in a bretonnian force as it is one of their only weakneses, and not even that big of a one. They also have two attacks each S6 on the charge and when in lance formation they can deal 18 S6 attacks plus 8 S3 attacks from horses. 26 attacks in one round is bound to cripple any unit.

But regardless, as is that looks like a hell of a power-packing list. That will pretty much dominate anything on the field save a high magic army, and even then your numbers are so high, and the pegasus knights are there so you may be able to win despite it.

Ashim
04-05-2005, 20:07
"actually grail knights are almost double the cost of KOTR 38 points"

when I sad that "for the same pts you get a few more attacks + higher Ws, S and Ld then if I had taken KOTR for the same pts" I did not mean pts per model, but per unit

"But regardless, as is that looks like a hell of a power-packing list. That will pretty much dominate anything on the field save a high magic army, and even then your numbers are so high, and the pegasus knights are there so you may be able to win despite it."

you think? I whant to make a good army.. but I dont whant to go for cheese. is that what this list is? cheesy? I also tried to focus on theme, including different types of units, errents, KOTR, pegasus knights, and yaomen, to make a list that I would imagine a bret general would make..

DarkTerror
05-05-2005, 04:12
When I started Bretonnia I built up a cool knight-based army and played in about 10-15 battles and came to the conclusion it was too strong! I won every game I played and I wasn't happy with that (even the best gotta fall). So here's the army I changed it too, a Peasant-filled Bretonnia army (which adds a lot of character too).

CORE-
12 Peasant Bowmen-stakes - 72
10 Peasant Bowmen-skirmishing - 70
30 Men at Arms-full command - 177
30 Men at Arms-full command - 177
7 Knights of the Realm-full command, war banner - 217
-Damsel and Bretonnian Lord listed below-
8 Knights Errant-full command, Errantry Banner - 201
-Paladin listed below-

SPECIAL-
5 Mounted Yeomen-standard, shields - 94
5 Mounted Yeomen-standard, shields - 94
3 Pegasus Knights-gallant- 165

RARE-
Trebuchet - 90
Trebuchet - 90

CHARACTERS-
Bretonnian Lord-barded warhorse, lance, enchanted shield, Cuiriass of Fortune, Virtue of the Joust, Virtue of Knightly Temper - 226
Paladin-Battle Standard Bearer, Valorous Standard - 124
Damsel-Bretonnian Warhorse, Dispel Scroll, Mane of the Purebreed - 130

-1997 points

In my experience, making an army more balanced in this manner (more peasants, more core units) makes people look at your army with more awe, and you're far more likely to have people want to play you. Just throwing in my 2 cents.

Hideous Loon
05-05-2005, 20:15
You could have, like, a Paladin with the Virtue of Empathy (you know, join Peasant units and all that, to boost their Ld). Just an example, your (DarkTerror's) list is as fluffy as the hair from a newly-mown poodle.

Ashim
06-05-2005, 12:26
As I dont know many warhammer players, I think I will play the most at turnements, so a little cheese is alowed.. and I got about 40% core, so I dont think that is so bad.. maby some time in the future I will take less characters and more KOTR

chivalrous
06-05-2005, 16:28
CORE-

Sadly you can only take 1 unit of peasant bowmen with the skirmish rule.
I try to take a large unit of skirmishers, minimum of 12 but in most armies I'll have 16.
I'll always field them with a musician with them because when they flee, they're going to need the +1LD to rally.

Ashim
07-05-2005, 11:45
I have to say.. I really dont like peasents.. they will be lagging far behind the cav and the stat sucks.. also I dont like the idea of poor peasants and rich kights.. in my army they are all rich!