PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Dark Elf Deathrain List (Revival of the Bow Line)

redbaron998
23-02-2009, 05:54
Really wanted to make a Bow line to show those pesky new fangled black powder people how its done old school style. Didnt really like the H. Elf way of it, so looked to DE. Since the DE Xbowman has L. armour and a Shield they shouldnt do to to bad when CC hits. They are still better than Empire Swordsmen, and although 16 isnt usually a good missile unit #, with 16 I can reform to a combat block when CC gets near (and its whats in the box so no wasted models)

Lord-
Supreme Sorceress @ 368
- LVL 4
- Black Staff
- Pendant of Khaelith
- Black Steed

Heroes-
Master @ 169
- Armour of Darkness
- Great Weapon
- Repeater Crossbow
- BSB

Core-
16 RC Bowmen @ 196
- FC
- Shields

16 RC Bowmen @ 191
- Standard Bearer & Musician
- Shields

16 RC Bowmen @ 191
- Standard Bearer & Musician
- Shields

5 Dark Riders @ 117
- RCs
- Musician

5 Dark Riders @ 117
- RCs
- Musician

Special-
6 Shades @ 126
- Blood Shade
- Great Weapons

6 Shades @ 126
- Blood Shade
- Great Weapons

Rare-

RBT @ 100

RBT @ 100

RBT @ 100

RBT @ 100

Total @ 2001

Plan is to pelt away with the RBTs and Bowmen, with Dark Riders and Shades harrasing and March Blocking. My BSB with be with the FC unit in the center, with a unit on each side of him. When CC gets neat I will reform my Xbowman blocks to CC blocks, and station my Shades and/or Darkriders for flank charges.

The SkaerKrow
23-02-2009, 12:39
Do you plan on using your Supreme Sorceress as a points denial unit? That's not much magic, and its in a very expensive package. I'd be inclined to break her up into a few smaller Sorceresses, or drop her for a scroll caddy or two and invest in some Masters just to give your RXB blocks a bit more hitting power when combat is joined.

Otherwise, it looks like a solid (though a bit unfriendly) army. You are a point over though, might want to do something to sort that out.

Ultimo ninja
23-02-2009, 16:32
5 harpies to keep near your xbows and rbts may be needed, since they will be heavily targeted......

Foegnasher
23-02-2009, 17:06
ow.

that's a lot of shots.

not gonna make any freinds, but it should work.

watch out for fliers, scout/tunnelers and anyskaven army with the stormbanner, teh last of which you can just conceede after deployment.

gunline is a one trick poney. your opponent isnt going to have much fun picking up 1/4 of his army a turn.