View Full Version : Dwarf battle standard bearer

Amdga
23-02-2009, 16:52
does anyone suggest any bsb's.
can you please tell how many points they cost
and can you please also submit your favourite bsb costing 100-150pts:eyebrows:

Malorian
23-02-2009, 16:55
Well you can make them pretty crazy and expensive, but I like to keep mine simple with rune of stone and rune of challenge.

T5 and a 3+ save should keep him safe in combat. He can force a unit to charge, at which point the unit or combat thane can deal with them, and it only comes in at 120 points.

The thing you have to keep in mind is that this guy is here for the BSB rerolls for nearby units. Without a great weapon option it's not worth the points to make him good in combat, so stick with what's important and keep him cheap so that you spend those points on more units or a better general.

Foegnasher
23-02-2009, 17:01
i fought a nasty one the other day, who had a 2+ rerollable armor save and a 5+ ward.

that guys not going anywhere, the unit of 15 hammerers that were his bodygaurd made sure of it.

yeesh.

Dragon Prince of Caledor
23-02-2009, 17:04
Put him in a unit of iron breakers or hammerers give him the banner of scariness (gives the unit fear) then give the unit itself the banner of hey! we have double our unit strength!! Thats always fun against brettonians. We dont run on the charge, but thats not when we are scariest!