PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a good Tomb King site?

gorenut
07-12-2005, 18:41
If so, throw it my way. I want to read a little more about the army. THanks in advance.

On a side note, do you guys think it's worth starting Tomb Kings if you don't really ever plan to buy that much more other than what comes in the Battalion Box? (Although I already have a Tomb King, probably will convert a Liche Priest). This will basically be a side project from my Druchii and VC. So the army will be around 1k-1.5k with the use of some VC skellies.

My alternative is to take lots of chariots and tomb skorpions backed by light cav.

Venomizer
07-12-2005, 19:32
try this one Khemri.co.uk (http://www.thejordans.biz/teifion/), form what I've seen of it, it looks pretty good

hope that helps

aakurtz
07-12-2005, 19:54
ive been playing VC for the last 6 years and TK in since they came out... @ weeks ago i went back to VC and im having alot more fun. TK just arent that good of an army, and im pretty sure i know how to play them. And yes the scorpians are great... dont mess with the cav though, really they are just useless. Get at least one unit of chariots though, get a second bax and throw a king in the unit.

I think my problems with TK would be fixed if everything just costs a i little less.

@aron

Trunks
07-12-2005, 21:39
If so, throw it my way. I want to read a little more about the army. THanks in advance.

On a side note, do you guys think it's worth starting Tomb Kings if you don't really ever plan to buy that much more other than what comes in the Battalion Box? (Although I already have a Tomb King, probably will convert a Liche Priest). This will basically be a side project from my Druchii and VC. So the army will be around 1k-1.5k with the use of some VC skellies.

My alternative is to take lots of chariots and tomb skorpions backed by light cav.

From what I understand, Tomb Kings have a built in handi-cap whenever they play in less than 2000 points which makes it rather hard to compete unless you are a very skilled general. I don't play them myself so I can't agree or disagree though.

Quetzl
07-12-2005, 21:49
Its a shame that they have restraints on them as I really love their mini's! Sounds a bit like the Necrons in 40k, under 2,000pts they just aren't as good as everyone else. I've only played against Tomb Kings once *When they were new* and I unfortunately got creamed, and that was a small 1,000pt game. So they might have a handicap, but they can still win pretty well - especially when the person using them is really smart etc!

aakurtz
07-12-2005, 23:51
In games smaller then 1500 if you lose to a TK army something is wrong (or the dice just dont love you that day).

gorenut
08-12-2005, 04:04
Hah, wow.. that sucks. Now I'm kind of discouraged. I guess I can use the Tomb King model I got and use it as a Wightlord. I already have my VC designated as my 2k+ army. For now I only want to collect armies that are 1.5k and below.

Trunks
08-12-2005, 04:18
Any particular reason why you don't want to make the extra leap to get every army up to 2000 points? It's only like a Lord Choice (I'm assuming that is what Tomb Kings need to compete) and then probably one extra regiment to fill that 500.

Rhamag
08-12-2005, 04:21
The problem with TK at lower points levels is that they really miss their Lords' extra CC/Magic powers. They appear to need either a kickass CC King or a multi-Priest shooting-fest to do well. That, and you tend to be heavily outnumbered by many opponents, and it seems more noticeable at lower points.

doglogan
08-12-2005, 05:15
It really isn't worth getting Tomb Kings if you are going to be playing less than 2000 pts. It isn't much fun getting constantly hammered.

aakurtz
08-12-2005, 06:45
TK really isnt that much fun either... i mean the SSC, giant and tunnelers are fun... but everything just costs too much (points).

gorenut
08-12-2005, 07:32
I wanted to keep the army at 1.5k or lower because many of my opponents play that size. I have 1 large army (VC) just for the 2k+ games.

aakurtz: You say they are boring. Do you think the same of VC?

Mooglemen
08-12-2005, 08:42
OK, tomb kings may be at a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to lower point games, but there is nothing fundamentally wrong with them. In the right hands, they can still win. The real problem with tomb kings is the learning curve involved. TK, more than most armies, really take some time before you learn how best to use them. I lost just about every game I played with them for most of the first year I had the army. But after getting my butt handed to me so many times I finally figured out what works and doesn't. That said, once you've got them figured out, they can really wreak havoc on an opponents plans. They are one of the fastest armies available, and can deploy a wide range of lists using lots of different tactics. Overall I find the TK experience to be a rewarding one (though you have to wait a good while to get to that point)

Mad Makz
08-12-2005, 08:49
Tomb Kings have a lot of attraction to me as a player who wants to try a totally different form of fighting style. They definitely require a lotof finesse and their advantages aren't that obvious.

I have seen some quite competitive tomb king armies, and some truely atrocious ones, they really aren't very forgiving to inexperienced players. (They also are VERY different from Vampire Counts, operate completely differently, but because they can look similiar some people think they will play simliarly, which they really don't. There isn't really a comparative army I'd say.)