PDA

View Full Version : Nidz Assult Brood

w3rm
24-02-2009, 21:14
Wassup my peeps.

I was looking at starting Nidz and the Assault Brood looks pretty nice. Is it worth taking? For $200 bucks I could get that and a Codex and have a nice 1500 pt force. So should i get that or different stuff separately? I want a shooty/assulty list. Some help would be great.

SPYDER68
24-02-2009, 21:54
linky to the boxed set would be nice.

Ima look it up thou

3x Fex's $45 each = $135 alone...

then 6 warriors, some gene stealers and some gaunts.

Its definatly not a bad deal, as for a flat 1500 pt force from it ? I dunno, you would at most likely need some more gaunts / stealers possibly.

And main thing is short a hive tyrant unless you dislike them, thou i wouldnt leave home without one.

Not to mention if you buy from www.thewarstore.com (never done buisness with them) they do 20% off, shop i go to does 15% off so i havent tried the site.
But for the cost of what you get, it looks to be a very good price.

Maine
25-02-2009, 02:26
Wassup my peeps.

I was looking at starting Nidz and the Assault Brood looks pretty nice. Is it worth taking? For $200 bucks I could get that and a Codex and have a nice 1500 pt force. So should i get that or different stuff separately? I want a shooty/assulty list. Some help would be great.

The Assault Brood is the same as buying 2 Battleforces and getting a free Carnifex. As the Battleforces are pretty good deals and excellent for starting, the Assault Brood is a very wise starting choice.

You will get an HQ choice, some elites, a lot of troops, and maybe some heavies, depending on your build (Warriors can be HQ or Elite; Fexes under 115 points can be Elites). You could potentially have some Fast Attack choices with modelling (wings on Warriors and Rippers).

I would recommend that your next purchase be a Hive Tyrant.

To grow your army, you will want to add more Gaunts, more Warriors, and maybe another Tyrant. Synapse is the weakness of the army - without it, your Gaunts are likely to just sit around (Genestealers will still be good to go), and will fail morale tests left and right. Your Warriors, Tyrants, and Zoanthropes (if you get any) will be your source of Synapse control.

w3rm
25-02-2009, 20:50
So maybe my list would be something like this-

HQ-
Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Elite-
3x Warriors

3x Warriors

1x Carnifex

1x Carnifex

1x Carnifex

Troops-
8x Shooty Gaunts

8x Shooty Gaunts

8x Killy Gaunts

8x Killy Gaunts

8x Genestealers

8x Genestealers

Does this look good. I've never played 40k before but I want to be a play all-comers army. Think this will give me 1850?

SPYDER68
25-02-2009, 20:59
the Fex's would be required to be heavy Support due to only allowed to have 3 elites and elite fex's are very limited on gear.

main thing on big bugs is make lists and post em in army list section with what your doing with army, and what loadout you want per biggie bug.

w3rm
26-02-2009, 23:51
Well I dont have the book...

Maine
27-02-2009, 00:13
First, buy the book before you buy the models. Make sure you like what you're seeing. Better to be out $25 for a book than an additional $180 in models if you find you don't like it.

My recommendation for a list:

HQ:

Tyrant
Tyrant

Elite:

3 Warriors (1 w/ heavy weapon)
3 Warriors (1 w/ heavy weapon)

Troops:

16 shooty gaunts
16 assault gaunts
8 genestealers
8 genestealers

Heavy:

Carnifex
Carnifex
Carnifex

-----

Why grouping the gaunts: gaunts die too easily in small groups of 8. I recommend 12 mininum, but 16-20 is a better size. They can get up to groups of 32, but that becomes unwieldly and may not be as flexible as two groups of 16.

Darkseid
27-02-2009, 01:13
I'm not an expert on Tyranids or anything but wouldn't having a Hive Tyrant at the HQ be the best choice only if for their synapses?