PDA

View Full Version : Steam Tank Assembly

Trunks
07-12-2005, 22:22
I was looking through the parts that make up the Steam Tank to use as parts for a Khorne Demon Chariot conversion (Chaos Chariots are too small).
http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Individual&code=99110202117&orignav=300943&ParentID=213454&GameNav=13&ItemNav=302138

All I'm looking to get are the "Deck", Front Left and Right Front armor parts, the rear axle, and wheels.

I'm assuming all of the armor pieces attach to the deck since there are all those little notches along the perimeter of the piece. Are they?

Do I need to get the part labeled "Steam Tank Base"? I'm trying to figure out where that part goes in normal assembly of the piece and I can only assume it goes under the deck to attach the axle and front wheel to.

FlameKnight
08-12-2005, 07:52
The steam tank 'deck' is part of one of the steam tank conversions. It goes on top of the tank, and railings attach to it.

The steam tank base is what really holds the tank together, and yes, you do need to get it.

The steam tank rear axle attaches to the 'boiler door' piece on only very superficially, it's the boiler that goes on top which needs holds it together. But, something else (large rock, comfy chair, big log or something) might be able to take it's place.

If I may revise your list for what you need:
Steam tank base
The armour pieces
Boiler door (necessary)
Rear axle
Wheels

I do warn you, the tank is a notouriously difficult to put together model as it is; pieces barely fit, even after as much bending as possible. So, good luck with a conversion, but I can tell you that it'll be pretty damn difficult.

ebayguy
10-12-2005, 13:59
yeah thta's what they did with the sorm of chaos one