PDA

View Full Version : chaos general advice

lector#1
24-02-2009, 23:39
hey guys i recently watched the mummy 3.... not the best movie but it gave me an idea... i wanted to do a chaos lord on a chariot pulld by 4 horses... backed by some infantry and a few horsemen to resemble to terrocota warriors.... (will lack the crossbowmen tho :(...) what would be a better choice a chaos lord or sorcerer lord... keep in mind this isnt competative so the lord choices are fine... what i was thinking is sorcer with the daemon sword that way he has magic and a few attacks or just go with a normal lord and gear him up to be super killy

thoughts and advice is appreciated

Neknoh
25-02-2009, 06:45
Well... your best bet would be a Tomb Kings army built to 3k points with Sethra, since he actually has rules for having 4 steeds AND he's a mummy.

For a Chaos Lord on a Chariot, I would deffinately consider a chaos lord, seing as the Chaos Sorceror doesn't really have access to a proper lore to represent the spells of the Dragon Emperor, and if all you want is the hadoken-abillity, you can just go for Bloodcurdling Roar on a Chaos Lord.

For gear, you might want to consider the Crimson Armour of Dargan to nuke any killingblow or multi-wound coming his way (and there will be bolt thowers/cannons coming his way). From that, gear to your heart's content. Runesword, Favour of the Gods and a Shield? Sword of Might/Striking, Enchanted Shield Favour perhaps?

lector#1
25-02-2009, 08:34
cheers man u sorted it all out for me.... and i like the way u phrased the hadoken abillty haha

snottlebocket
25-02-2009, 10:45
Consider alternative ways of bulking up your sorcerer lord for combat. His fighting stats are low so even expensive magic weapons will barely bump it up to unarmed chaos lord level.

Instead consider the other options. For 25 points the blasphemous amulet will inflict a toughness test / no armoursaves on anyone in contact with the wide frontage of your chariot. (against t3 troops this'll kill half the front rank on contact)

You can stack that with a warrior familiar for another automatic (bypass your crummy weaponskill) strength 5 hit and if you like the word of agony will inflict another d6 strength 4 hits with no armoursaves.

That still leaves you enough magic item allowance for a good set of armour. And best of all all these attacks don't use your subpar weaponskill or strength, and they all hit before combat even commences. Even if you get charged you'll be sure to get these hits off.

To finish it off, consider making it a nurgle sorcerer, the lore is fun and the -1 weaponskill / ballistic skill is a further hindrance to your enemies.

Disciple of Caliban
25-02-2009, 11:39
i wanted to do a chaos lord on a chariot pulld by 4 horses

Just one thing to bear in mind, you'll need to model the 4 horses on only 2 cavalry bases, shouldnt be too difficult to do, but in game it could be quite important.

Also, as has been said, Settra may well be the better choice for such a force, though he is the most expensive character in the game (if memory serves. Special character points costs have dropped since they removed the opponents consent rules)

lector#1
01-03-2009, 01:13
yeah i did think about the 4 horses on 2 bases thing and it is quite easy but i think im going to go with neknoh's idea with the hadoken abillity thanx for the help guys