PDA

View Full Version : WHFB Tactics Book by DeathlessDraich

MarkC
25-02-2009, 05:13
The front page of Warseer has an announcement about this, but if I try to access the PDF file or view the discussion I get the message

vBulletin Message

MarkC, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. If you are trying to create a new thread, you require a post count of 2 or more (see our FAQ for more details).
2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Can anyone else access it? Any suggestions about what the problem is?

Regards

Mark C

dooombot
25-02-2009, 05:58
i also get this message

coalescence
25-02-2009, 06:22
Wasn't this the first Probability topic? It got closed down after a lot of flaming.

bedgar
25-02-2009, 06:39
is there anyway we can get it open again, perhaps locked?

I would really like to read it

bomblu
25-02-2009, 06:59
The book's very good as i got a copy when he posted it up on the net; at first i tought i might have screwed up something on my account though once i saw this thread i knew i wasnt alone *breath of relief* :)

Though i hope it'll be open soon cos i remember him saying the tactica will be revised with every new edition of an army book or so :D

Wasn't this the first Probability topic? It got closed down after a lot of flaming.

What flaming? :/ (ps. i didnt get a chance to read a lot of the posts from the thread)

Atrahasis
25-02-2009, 09:03
There was no flaming in the thread - DD took exception to having mistakes in the book pointed out (despite asking for feedback). Avian and I even calculated the correct values to replace the suspect material, and posted them.

I don't know why the thread was deleted, whether DD requested it or it was removed for some other reason. One of the last posts was a mod saying that there was nothing actionable in the thread.

irondogs
25-02-2009, 13:23
I was pointed here from the podhammer board and would like to read this tactica. Any idea if/when it will be available?

bomblu
25-02-2009, 13:28
I was pointed here from the podhammer board and would like to read this tactica. Any idea if/when it will be available?

Well i had offered and was accepted to 'revamp' the book he wrote as to make the diagrams more 'sexi' if you may so i think it might soon be up for us to read again though i think the best thing to do for now would be wait a bit till we hear word from the author himself :)

djkest
25-02-2009, 13:54
bummer, I wanted to read this.

VC Billy
25-02-2009, 14:05
Send me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you.

barryscott
25-02-2009, 15:12
I'd love a read of this as well.

Elliott
25-02-2009, 18:53
Got it and it is 215 pages of all the stuff we wish someone would put in book form.
I was at work and printed it (sorry to all tree huggers) - great bathroom read!

He is very detailed in covering everything from distance guessing to traps and army discriptions. I'm only 50 pages in but it appears that it is well writen (minor issues with diagrams on one page and discription on another - hard to filp back and forth).

I have won a few games and I'm lucky enough to have finished 3rd 2007 and 6th 2008 in the hall of heros and I think this is a great read for all levels of players and I even learned a few things! Thanks Deathless Draich for investing the time.

Elliott Vigil

coalescence
26-02-2009, 17:39
By the looks of it, I would like to read it.

Avian
26-02-2009, 17:44
It is not the latter, to dismiss that idea before it takes root.

coalescence
26-02-2009, 17:48
It is not the latter, to dismiss that idea before it takes root.

Ok, I deleted it, for that purpose. But then I would REALLY like to read it :)

DarkTerror
27-02-2009, 17:04
Any news on what happened to this book?

kaulem
27-02-2009, 17:10
dito........

Vsurma
27-02-2009, 17:29
There are a fair few of us that have it so we can distribute it by email.

That is how I got mine and would not mind returning the favour, just drop me your email, first 10 people get it from me then I pass the torch on to them to pass it on :)

bomblu
01-03-2009, 09:10
Any updates on the Tactica PDF?

Asger
01-03-2009, 16:40
I'm curious about that as well? Or would just like it emailed :)

Asger

Zoat
01-03-2009, 19:35
Google is your friend! :)

Use the title of this thread and you will find several places to download the pdf.

Lord Malorne
01-03-2009, 19:48
Here you go. (http://www.mycurrentfeelings.com/WarhammerTactica.pdf)

Gork or Possibly Mork
01-03-2009, 19:48
Funny? I googled it and the results were blocked access and few other dead links. I also did an advanced search in PDF format and got nothing.

Doesn't really matter I already downloaded it when it was first posted. Excellent book BTW. Bravo to DD. I hope he wasn't offended by any one pointing out any mistakes and continues to update it from time to time ( time permitting of course).

@Lord Malorne. Kewl. I didn't see your post as I was typing when you posted.

bomblu
02-03-2009, 13:28
Pity we havent had any word from DD...maybe it's just a matter of time till he fixes some mistakes or something... :/

Spartan
03-03-2009, 15:17
Thanks for the link

XXL
03-03-2009, 15:31
I think deathless wants to makes some changes before he puts it on the net again. Maybe we should respekt that.

It was a great read but some ppl got really excited about five pages in the end of the book. They where right, but the disscusion got out of proportion.

I think the author got sad when the loudest vioces on this forum didnt thank him for his hard work... (And yes I know he defended his point of view untill the end but it all became too agressive anyways.) :(

Lord Khabal
03-03-2009, 16:36
Thanks guys! this will make a great reading!!!