Corpse Cart 100 pts
- Unholy Lodestone

Corpse Cart 100 pts
- Unholy Lodestone

5x Blood Knights 335 pts
- Balefire Spike
- FUll Command

2248 pts

The focus of this list is raising, raising, raising and raising more units since you can see there are few basic infantry to start with.

All the vamps are decent spellcasters and the army as whole should be able to push out a few power dices.

The Corpse Carts are there to give ASF and hopefully make opponents waste dispel dices before the raising begins.

The wolves will screen the blood knights. The BSB and the Lord goes in the Grave Guard unit and the remaining two vamps goes in one skeleton unit each. The fell bats will hunt war machines... hmm i think that covers all and hopefully the list is legal.

The Blood Knights and Grave Guard are the hard hitting units in the army and hopefully they will be joined by quite alot of summoned support units.

How do you think this list would preform? Comments, Suggestions and Critizism is welcome. :)

Spirit
25-02-2009, 13:56
If the focus is rasing, youve wasted 30 points on forbidden lore, you can ALWAYS pick raise zombies and you ALWAYS get invocation. Give him level 4 instead.

Also, arent the skull staff and the sceptre de noirot both arcane items? In which case you can only pick one for your vampire lord.

Trade the blood knights for 6 black knights with the banner of the dead legion and a varghulf, this combo will do just as much damage (even i nthe front of a unit with US27 combined) and is not susceptible to frenzy. And they knights can move through woods, the single cheesiest ability available to vampire counts.

Give one of your vampires the helm of command, your not wanting to get into combat with them anyway, so you might aswell transfer your WS to one of your units.

The drakenhoff banner is un-needed, with the amount of invocations you can cast, you dont need regeneration (in my opinion) but then again, that banner is the best banner, i just don't take it out of pity for people who have to face it.

VC Billy
25-02-2009, 14:18
Your army seems soft. Wont hit hard and cant take much of a hit. The raising seems fine of course, but you only have the blood knights to really win any combats. The lord also seems hard to protect as he has no save of any kind. And 2 corpse carts is probably too much. If you insist on taking two, I would take balefire instead of lodestone. You seems to give up everything for a strong regenerative magic phase, but I'm not sure this army would be consistently competitive.

Makina
25-02-2009, 20:21
Do I only see 2 core units?

The Old Scholar
25-02-2009, 20:25

Corpse Cart is core.

Modaavi
25-02-2009, 20:28
Indeed your Lord choice is illegal, as he can only have the sceptre or the skull staff, but not both. You are also short 1 core unit, only skeletons, ghouls, and zombies count as core for army composition purposes. Those 2 naked vampires are very easy to target and kill, crippling your magic phase, and I don't see anywhere in your list to hide them. Same goes for your Lord. Also as has been mentioned, taking 2 carts with Unholy Lodestone is not worth it, you still only gain 1 model, as they don't stack.

Spirit
25-02-2009, 23:31

Corpse Cart is core.

Your both right, corpse cart is core, but does not COUNT towards minimum core.

Your army is illegal for at least 2 reasons now xD

Indeed your Lord choice is illegal, as he can only have the sceptre or the skull staff, but not both. You are also short 1 core unit, only skeletons, ghouls, and zombies count as core for army composition purposes. Those 2 naked vampires are very easy to target and kill, crippling your magic phase, and I don't see anywhere in your list to hide them. Same goes for your Lord. Also as has been mentioned, taking 2 carts with Unholy Lodestone is not worth it, you still only gain 1 model, as they don't stack.

You may only gain one model, but you improove the range from 12" diameter to 24"

I still wouldnt take any corpse carts though, they never make their points back, just spend 200 points on a big unit of 40 zombies and go to town with invocation. This gives you 3 LEGAL core.

Deus Mechanicus
26-02-2009, 09:51
Ok, i made some changes (and hopefully the list is legal now :P). Removed Avatar of Death and the sceptre on the lord and beefed him up with Master of Black Arts.

Removed a corpse cart (i still want to try to keep one in there just to make use of the model i'll be buying the bulk of this in Batallion boxes plus it would be nice if he did manage to grant the Grave Guards ASF with their GWs).

Added another unit of 15 skeletons so the core choices should be filled up

Vampire Lord 415 pts
- Level 3
- Dark Acolyte
- Lord of the Dead
- Master of Black Arts
- SKull Staff

Vampire 295 pts
- Battle Standard Bearer /w Drakenhof Banner
- Lord of the Dead
- Dark Acolyte

Vampire 145 pts
- Lord of the Dead
- Dark Acolyte

Vampire 145 pts
- Lord of the Dead
- Dark Acolyte

13x Grave Guards 199 pts
(Lord and BSB goes here)
- Great Weapons
- Full Command

5x Fell Bats 100 pts

19x Skeletons 172 pts
(One vampire goes here)
- Full Command

19x Skeletons 172 pts
(One vampire goes here)
- Full Command

15x Skeletons 140 pts
- Full Command

5x Dire Wolves 40 pts

Corpse Cart 100 pts
- Unholy Lodestone

5x Blood Knights 325 pts
- FUll Command

2248 pts

Makina
26-02-2009, 10:45
Your characters are gonna die so fast in a lot of games.

The Old Scholar
27-02-2009, 15:20
Your both right, corpse cart is core, but does not COUNT towards minimum core.

Yeah, I got back onto Warseer this morning to note that after realizing I was wrong. MUST REMEMBER TO READ EVERYTHING!!!
DOH!
Sorry.

Modaavi
27-02-2009, 15:42
I would suggest configuring the BSB differently. A good combination would be Dread Knight and the +1 CR power. Sure you lose a PD, but you gain a 2+ armour save on a very important model, who will be immediately targetted most opponents. Better yet, drop the vamp and use a Wight King instead. The extra point of toughness goes a long way.

Also, in my experience you have too few graveguard to hold up to any determined onslaught, even with regen. I ran a similar # in a tourney last year and they got wiped out two out of four games in CC. I would run no less than twenty, counting characters. It's also not the safest place for your general, regen only goes so far, and he will be another high priority target.

I would suggest taking one block of skeletons to minimum with just a champ, and running it behind your lines as a bunker for your Lord and casters. A well defended bunker is pretty difficult to get to and provides much better protection. Then you can add the Helm of Commandment to your Lord and give those GG WS7. :evilgrin: