PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Mounted Warriors of Chaos

Sho'Nuff
25-02-2009, 23:32
Hello everyone,

I just finished building and priming the cheapest (financially) army I have ever put together. Check it out and tear it up:

2250 Warriors of Chaos

Characters: 975

Daemon Prince
Level 3 Wizard
Mark of Tzeentch
Stream of Corruption

Chaos Sorcerer
Level 2 Wizard
Mark of Tzeentch
Blood Curdling Roar
Golden Eye of Tzeentch
Book of Secrets or Power Familiar (still haven't decided which)
Disk of Tzeentch

Exalted Hero
Flail
Chaos Steed
Fury of the Blood God

Exalted Hero
Flail
Chaos Steed
Collar of Khorne
Favor of the Gods

Core: 430 (I know the percentage is terrible)

5 Marauder Horsemen X 5 Units
Light Armor
Throwing Axes
Musician

Special: 845

9 Chaos Knights
Full Command
War Banner

9 Chaos Knights
Full Command

Total Points-2250
Models- 47
Power Dice- 8
Dispel Dice- 5

Please let me know what you think of my all mounted army. So far it has done well against both Skaven and Lizardmen. Thanks.

-Sho' Nuff

Ultimo ninja
25-02-2009, 23:40
this list is a mess......

Characters:

DP is not a great choice....no armor save alone is awful...

Maybe a sorc lord on a disc.....

2 secondary lvl 2 sorcs on discs could do nicely to back him up, or maybe mount them on horse and make both Mon as it is a great lore

your two combat characters arent looking do great..... maybe have just one on a jug and give him the sword of might

marauder cav for core? fine, but give at least 2 units mok and flails

2 units of 9 knights fc is wasteful and wont work well.

2 units of 5 with musician and mok are fine

get 2 minimum units of hounds to screen the knights

I might sound mean but these are just suggetions...im sure other ppl will have better ones

lcfr
26-02-2009, 02:54
[QUOTE=Sho'Nuff;3326928]
Daemon Prince
Level 3 Wizard
Mark of Tzeentch
Stream of Corruption

If you're going w/the DP just find the points to put him to lvl4 and give him some better gifts than the stream of corruption (diabolic splendor & tendrils of tzeentch is what I have in mind)

Exalted Hero
Flail
Chaos Steed
Fury of the Blood God

Exalted Hero
Flail
Chaos Steed
Collar of Khorne
Favor of the Gods

Drop these guys for another lvl2 sorceror. Use the leftover points on bulking up the rest of your army.

Core: 430 (I know the percentage is terrible)

5 Marauder Horsemen X 5 Units
Light Armor
Throwing Axes
Musician

Go for flails

Special: 845

9 Chaos Knights
Full Command
War Banner

9 Chaos Knights
Full Command

9 knights in a unit seems a bit silly...even w/a character in each unit you're still getting just +1 CR from the extra rank, and only if one knight isn't shot down. You'd be better served breaking these units down; 4 units of 5 would be preferable to 2 units of 9-10 for example. You could diversify your list a bit more by dropping each unit to 5 and spending points on Drogres instead.

Hurtinator
26-02-2009, 09:54
Flails on the marauder horsemen, you may also consider replacing them with solid blocks of 20+ marauder foot-sloggers to give your center some more ooomph.

Sho'Nuff
26-02-2009, 23:32
Thanks for the feedback. I know the units of knights are large, but when I playtested the army using smaller units of 6 and a unit of dragon ogres I found that both units were damaged to the point of no longer being able to win combat on their own. Three knights on the charge will do damage, but not break a unit on its own. I use the two big blocks of knights with the heroes so that both units have magic reistance 2 and are more resiliant getting across the battle field. Also, cavalry units that cause fear are lots of fun in large numbers.
The marauders with flails is interseting, especially with the mark of Khorne, but I don't really use the horsemen as close combat units. They are distractions, diversions, a few pot shots at lone wizards, but for me they don't go into combat. The big blocks of knights plus a hero rarely needs help beating a unit in combat.
My goal with the characters was to have all four slots filled, but without spending all my points here. I tried to make my exalted heroes have some punch and provide a bonus for the unit and I avoided fully kitting them out. I did kit out the disc wizard, but I have a special place in my heart for him. I would love to give the daemon prince the fourth wizard level, but if I rearrange minimally, I only have 30 points to play with. I could get rid of blood curdling roar, but I have caused some major havoc with those str 1 hits. I appreciate the feedback and I'm not saying it isn't valid, but I just wanted to explain some of my choices.

-Sho' Nuff

Cobrak
28-02-2009, 22:44
if it works well for you and you just want to tweek a few things then i would go for power fam on the sorc and do a sorc lord lv4 with puppet and runesword MoT on Disc and Conj Homnuc comes to about 415 is respectable in combat has the extra magic punch is a lv4 flies and has miscast backup for more than just you for when you play magic heavy list but if you could find a way to put a hellcannon in you would be all sorts of giddy on the battlefield side form that nice to see some diversity