PDA

View Full Version : Quick DE Questions

UltimateNagash
26-02-2009, 12:00
If a model had both the Armour of Living Death and the Black Dragon Egg, on the turn he/she used the egg, would they have T7?

On th FAQ: It says can't use hand weapon, Beastmaster's Scourge and Dagger of Hotek to get all the combined bonuses. But can you use it to just combine the Dagger and Scourge to get +1A, AP and ASF? Because that's akin to having sword and shield, and two hand weapons (well, same kind of situation).

If I took Shadowblade (even though I probably won't because of THAT points cost), can another character take a Potion of Strength? I'm gonna say no, but just best to make sure.

Lifetaker - not magical attacks. WTF? :wtf:

Neckutter
26-02-2009, 12:11
1) dont have the book on me :(
2) yes, you can use the dagger of hotek and hw/scourge to get +1A. and yeah when you use the scourge all your attacks are AP.
3) nope, cant duplicate magic items
4) stupid isnt it? appearantly only HE magic bows shoot magical attacks.

UltimateNagash
26-02-2009, 12:35
1) Armour of Living Death adds +1T, and Black Dragon Egg makes the model T6.
2) Excellent :)
3) Ah well...
4) Yeah, very stupid. And don't forget Empire and WE bows ;)

chivalrous
26-02-2009, 13:16
On th FAQ: It says can't use hand weapon, Beastmaster's Scourge and Dagger of Hotek to get all the combined bonuses. But can you use it to just combine the Dagger and Scourge to get +1A, AP and ASF? Because that's akin to having sword and shield, and two hand weapons (well, same kind of situation).

I've asked this question once or twice and the general consensus seems to be that the FAQ was basically saying that you couldn't use three weapons at once to get +2 A, Always strike first and Armour piercing.
However there's nothing stopping you from the dagger and a scourge.

UltimateNagash
26-02-2009, 15:45
I've asked this question once or twice and the general consensus seems to be that the FAQ was basically saying that you couldn't use three weapons at once to get +2 A, Always strike first and Armour piercing.
However there's nothing stopping you from the dagger and a scourge.
So, it's the pretty obvious thing of you can't use three weapons at once? Well, duh... :rolleyes: Stupid GW and their confusing FAQs :rolleyes:

chivalrous
26-02-2009, 16:50
So, it's the pretty obvious thing of you can't use three weapons at once? Well, duh... :rolleyes: Stupid GW and their confusing FAQs :rolleyes:

The question I was asking referred to the Dagger and Scourge rather than three at once.
Some people seem to think that as the Dagger of Hotek counts as an additional hand weapon and because the Master's entry states you can't buy both an Additional Hand Weapon and a Beast Master's Scourge you can't buy both the Beast Master's Scourge and the Dagger of Hotek.

The three weapons in two hands was obvious before the FAQ.

UltimateNagash
26-02-2009, 16:57
Some people seem to think that as the Dagger of Hotek counts as an additional hand weapon and because the Master's entry states you can't buy both an Additional Hand Weapon and a Beast Master's Scourge you can't buy both the Beast Master's Scourge and the Dagger of Hotek.
Well that's just silly...