PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Lizardmen

Necromancy Black
26-02-2009, 12:02
Ok, I'm looking at what people think of this and how they think it will do against armies like DE, Empire, LM and WE.

So far I've taken it against Dwarfs and won, and twice against WoC and smashed them. This was because my opponant had all this new (and great looking!) lava terrain that we placed across the. He then decided it would be impassible, not difficult, except for two points and a bridge. Needless to say he bottlenecks himself (he doesn't like wizards) and I either wait for him to cross or blew him apart. Anyways, the list!

LORDS
Slann 540 pts
-Focus of Mastery (all spells)
-The Focused Rumination (+1 dice to each spell)
-Transcended Healing (Regeneration)
-Higher State of Conciousness (immune to mundane attacks)
-BSB
-Divine Plaque of Protection
-Rod of Storm
-Power Stone
-Banehead

HEROES
Skink Preist 125 pts
-lvl 2
-Cloak of feathers

Skink Preist 115 pts
-lvl 2
-Plaque of Tepok

Scar-Veteran 160 pts
-Cold One
-Piranha Blade
-enchanted shield
-light armour

CORE
15 Saurus Warriors 195 pts
-Full Command

15 Saurus Warriors 195 pts
-Full Command

10 Skink Skirmishers 76 pts
-Brave

10 Skink Skirmishers 76 pts
-Brave

20 Skinks 232 pts
-Full Command
-2 Kroxigors

SPECIAL
5 Cold One Riders 250 pts
-Full Command
-Huanchi's Blessed Totem

RARE
3 Salamanders 225 pts

TOTAL: 2189 pts

The remaining 61 points is used as I need for each army. Maybe some disple scrolls on the skinks, swap the Huanchi banner on the COR for the Sun Standard, change the items on the Scar-Vet and Slann to shift points elsewhere, etc.

So, against the armies I mentioned before how do you think it'll go and what tweaks should I make. My mistake if I've done some points somewhere wrong, this evolves from a badly scribbled 1500 point list. Point out errors please!

Army break down (for those herohammer haters) Characters: 42.8%, Core: 35.8%, Special: 11.4%, Rare: 10%. Slann is about 24% by himself :p

blackjack
26-02-2009, 14:22
Scar-Veteran 158 pts
-Cold One
-Piranha Blade
-enchanted shield
-light armour

This combo is 160 not 158

Spirit
26-02-2009, 15:31
I dont think you need a slann that has a 2+ ward save vs shooting, is immune to mundane attacks AND regenerates.Lose regenerate. If you think your facing high level wizards, making one of them lose all 6's is a bonus.

Get some terradons in there, they are well worth 90 points.

Give the rod of the storm to a priest and get the slann another power stone, 20 points for 3 powr dice is a great price (use the slanns free one with a powerstone on its own)

I see no point in ever taking skink braves, for the price of another skink they give VERY little benefit, lose all of them and free up some points.

Split the salamanders into 2x and 1x for 2 rare slots. This means you can target2 units a turn.

Glad to finally see an army with a slann and without temple guard!

Necromancy Black
26-02-2009, 21:00
I dont think you need a slann that has a 2+ ward save vs shooting, is immune to mundane attacks AND regenerates.Lose regenerate. If you think your facing high level wizards, making one of them lose all 6's is a bonus.

Get some terradons in there, they are well worth 90 points.

Give the rod of the storm to a priest and get the slann another power stone, 20 points for 3 powr dice is a great price (use the slanns free one with a powerstone on its own)

I see no point in ever taking skink braves, for the price of another skink they give VERY little benefit, lose all of them and free up some points.

Split the salamanders into 2x and 1x for 2 rare slots. This means you can target2 units a turn.

Glad to finally see an army with a slann and without temple guard!

I like the idea of giving the RoS to a preist for another power stone, that's a good idea. The Slann disliplins do get changed a bit, and Dropping 6's would be definitly taken against VC over Regeneration.

Never liked terradons, the rules, the models or the price of them. Will be getting a Stegadon next so I'll have to wait to see if they are worth it or not.

And yes, this solo Slann works really really well. His regeneration ahs saved him against Chaos when Valkia charge him, but in that game I had dropped teh 2+ ward save (he had no wizards) to field a Razerdon.

Spirit
26-02-2009, 21:31
How did the razordon go?

Im very temped by them but the salamander's potential seems to outweigh them by miles.

Necromancy Black
27-02-2009, 07:02
Razerdons where a bit meh, but I'll have to try them out on some more things first. Salamanders have done excellent against DE, Dwarfs and WoC.

hopperfish
27-02-2009, 09:07
cool list only problem i see is both banehead and plaque of protection are enchanted items of which your slann can only have one

also if your skink taking the plaque of tepok to get a third spell stick him on a EotG, then he'll generate a third power dice and also that all important extra dispel dice usefull against VC(pg 55 last paragraph:))

Necromancy Black
27-02-2009, 10:36
Thank you hopperfish, that's the kind of mistakes I keep making!

At 2500 I will add an Engine of the Gods. For now though, that extra spell is useful to get the magic missile spells for the skinks which I like jsut cause they draw out disple dice, letting my Slann rip sick(tm)