PDA

View Full Version : forgeworld orders

Simo429
26-02-2009, 19:32
placed my first order today through mail order, whenever ive got forgeworld stuff before ive just picked it up from warhammer world but i couldnt this time.

anyway when should i expect the delivery?

Forlorn
26-02-2009, 19:33
August 2010.

Simo429
26-02-2009, 19:34
i was well annoyed when i rang them up, i go to notts uni which is a ten minute walk from the road with forgeworld on but they told me there is no way to pick up stuff

Forlorn
26-02-2009, 19:48
Honestly it really depends on what you order. A friend of mine just received 2 CSM dreadnoughts in a relatively short amount of time. For some of us here in the US we take advantage of Gamesday and place orders with FW via
e-mail and pick them up the day of the event.

Bellygrub
26-02-2009, 19:48
My experince in the states has been anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months depending how backed up they are and if the items ordered are a current hot item.

SquishySquig
26-02-2009, 19:58
:skull: I just made an order to Forgeworld from the States and got my stuff in under a week. Though I save up till I can afford to do an order that qualifies for the Free Express Shipping. :skull:

Simo429
26-02-2009, 20:01
:skull: I just made an order to Forgeworld from the States and got my stuff in under a week. Though I save up till I can afford to do an order that qualifies for the Free Express Shipping. :skull:

so you live 1000's of miles away

i live under 15 miles away wonder what odds id get from the bookies that my order will take at least a couple of weeks to come

Vaktathi
26-02-2009, 20:05
placed my first order today through mail order, whenever ive got forgeworld stuff before ive just picked it up from warhammer world but i couldnt this time.

anyway when should i expect the delivery?
It depends on what you order

I made a very large order a couple weeks ago (over $1000 for 5 people) I placed the order Tuesday night/early wednsday morning, it arrived here in Salem, Oregon in the US from the UK on friday morning.

Now pretty much what I bought was stuff like IG heavy mortars, chaos dreads, tank turrets etc.

If you are buying titans or superheavy vehicles, expect it to take a much longer time.

Forlorn
26-02-2009, 20:06
You won't get any sympathy from us here in the states :p considering you live in the gaming mecca of all that is GW. :cries:

Simo429
26-02-2009, 20:07
It depends on what you order

I made a very large order a couple weeks ago (over $1000 for 5 people) I placed the order Tuesday night/early wednsday morning, it arrived here in Salem Oregon from the UK on friday morning.

Now pretty much what I bought was stuff like IG heavy mortars, chaos dreads, tank turrets etc.

If you are buying titans or superheavy vehicles, expect it to take a much longer time.

ive only orderd 60 quids worth so about $90?

all upgrades for IG

march10k
26-02-2009, 20:09
yep...going for express shipping also gets you the first model out of the mold, if they don't have any on hand. So if an item is backed up, like I would assume the new TDA inquisitor model might be, those who paid for express shipping would get theirs cast before "regular" customers who placed their orders sooner.

Vaktathi
ive only orderd 60 quids worth so about $90?

all upgrades for IG

It should be there very quickly then probably, expect no more than maybe 5-7 days? Mine came quickly because it went priority airmail, if you don't get that then it will take a bit longer, but they should get it out the door the next day.

Maskedman5oh4
I think the idea behind getting the free express shipping is that you getting a guarranteed 2-5 day shipping date; this could effectively move your order up in the queue. I.E., I order a Brass Scorpion via Express Shipping and there are 30 other orders in queue waiting for models to be cast, mine order could jump ahead of the others.

Edit: I got so ninja'd.