PDA

View Full Version : upcoming 4000pt battle VC vs O&G

woodulikeanother
26-02-2009, 19:25
i have 2 army lists made up, but cant decide which to go with, heavy magic list or hard hitting CC with medium magic...any suggestions, because im just going to be outnumbered vastly by night gobs and orcs and will be hard to outnumber the enemy even if i have alot of raising capabilities

Malorian
26-02-2009, 19:27
I would go with the magic heavy list.

Between their cheap and effective warmachines and their fanatics your elite fighting troops will be in big trouble.

By going magic heavy you can raise a horde to fight his and your loses won't matter as much.

woodulikeanother
26-02-2009, 19:39
ok thanks, heres just a quick list of what i have for the magic heavy list
-Vamp Lord 450
ex.lvl
D.A.
MOTA
LoD
Walachs
crown damned
power stone

-Vamp lord 450
ex.lvl
D.A
MOTA
LoD
Flayed
blood drinker
book ark

-Vamp lord 435
ex.lvl
MOTA
D.A.
LoD
hand dust
night shroud
enchanted shield

-Vamp 190
MOTA
Rod death

-Vamp BSB 270
Av.D
Walkin death
Drakenhoff banner

-Vamp 190
MOTA
Staff damnation

Wight K. mounted 120
Sword kings
talisman prot.

-Vamp 195
MOTA
Cadav cuirass
helm comm.

14 ghouls 120 **(should i exchange for 12 skell full cmd?) i only own 20 ghouls
14skel FCM 134 hw/s
14skel FCM 134 hw/s
14skel FCM 134 hw/s
12skel FCM 146 Sp/s

5 blood knights FCM kestellan sword of battle 375 banner of strigos
5 blood knights FCM flag blood keep 400
5 wraiths 1 upgrade to banshee 275

28 PD (4 bounds 1 power stone)
12 DD

the reason i only have one unit of ghouls is because i only own 20, and dont have money, so it hurts me becasue i like these guys especially goin with toughness 4 on 4 vs orcs,
also i was considering taking out the 400pt blood knights and taking 2 black coaches instead would this be a good idea?

Malorian
26-02-2009, 19:55
Kind of redundant to have walach and the crown of the damned. It's not like the wards stack so you are just paying a ton for a 4+ save. I'd trade it with the flayed of the other lord.

Night shroud is better suited on the sword of kings wight king if you ask me.

Don't bother with blood knights. Between their fast cav and warmachines these guys will just disappear.

I'd use the ghouls as a 10 man bunker. This whay you can have a place for your unarmored ones to hide.

Finally at this size you can bet there will be a wyvern riding warboss hunting down your general. I'd take the von carstein ring you ensure you don't lose the game if you mess up the game of cat and mouse.

woodulikeanother
26-02-2009, 20:14
if i get rid of both blood knights and take a varghulf and 2 coaches then add some skells would that help? oh and i swapped stuff on my lord like you said and gav one the ring, i completely spaced out on the walachs and crown guy haha

woodulikeanother
26-02-2009, 20:26
it looks pretty good now, im just iffy on it because i like having hard hitting guys vs orcs, especially because i know he will choose 4 or 5 shamans because he knows im using VC and he will load his wizards will dispell scrolls like always, thats why im tempted to use the other list

Malorian
26-02-2009, 20:29
With no cannons to worry about black coaches can do very well. Hit the flanks where his units are out of range of his general and let terror do the rest ;)

Dispel scrolls? Against IoN spam? Let him :)

woodulikeanother
26-02-2009, 20:30
alright thanks ALOT for your advise!

Angelust
26-02-2009, 21:25
Army list comp vs. Orcs...4 casters + anything = win.

CaliforniaGamer
26-02-2009, 21:32
4000 point battle is huge...I would toy with the idea of doing something off the wall in such a situation like 3 units of wraiths, 5-7 each with banshees with one with a Vampire Lord with hatred BSB+ethereal+aura of dark majesty combined with Mannfred on barded nightmare throwing Doom and Darkness ahead of wraith horde attack.

djkest
26-02-2009, 21:57
What about tying up his units with etherial creatures and using your superior magic to thwart his attempts at blasting them?

Also, I don't remember if VC can take any war machines, but artillery might be nice, if you can get some panic going among his ranks.

woodulikeanother
28-02-2009, 19:28
well i won the battle yesterday, we didnt do VP's because he gave up at turn 5 but it was going to be a massacre for me, army did very well, even when i miscast 5 times in the battle and his giant took one of my vamps and stuffed him in a bag lol, but i killed the giant so would have got my VP back because my vamp was free'd

woodulikeanother
01-03-2009, 01:32
i ended up taking out the 2 units of blood knights
added a unit of 12 Grave guard and a corpsecart with lodestone
swapped some items on the chars like malorian suggested, and added 2 black coaches which one black coach didnt too very well as it was in combat by 2nd turn and sadly didnt absorb a singe dice when was by my lord with 6 PD and my army 2 so 0 of 16 dice(2 turns worth) and was in combat with a unit of 38 orc big uns which it held off for 2 rounds of combat

also a unit of 62 night goblins with 3 fanatics and spears destroyed a vamp with unit of 14 skels after 3 rounds of combat, but shame on my opponent for choosing such large units of O&G because it attracts curse of years especially after its beenin play for 3 turns and he has characters in the units, must i say more?
also there was one good thing to bringing such large mobs for him, he used morks spirit totem which gave him a dispel dice equal to the number of ranks he had which was 7 with the orcs for about 3 turns so my magic even with 28 P.D and 3 bounds, he held off with a lord shaman and 2 lvl 2 shamans and 2 dispel scrolls

XXL
01-03-2009, 21:15
nice work. :)

next time tell him that mork's spirit totem gives DD equal to the units rank bonus, max 3 DD for him