PDA

View Full Version : Aesthetically Greater Daemon or Daemon Prince

Heretic12
26-02-2009, 20:26
Its time for me to decide my final addition to my Dark Wolves.

Its one of two models, and I really dont know what to run them as. I figure both would be capable of being either a Greater Daemon or a Daemon Prince however I dont know the exact size of either. What do you guys think?

The Pureblood http://www.privateerpress.com/HORDES/gallery/default.php?level=picture&id=99

The Warpwolf http://www.privateerpress.com/HORDES/gallery/default.php?level=picture&id=15

Maskedman5oh4
26-02-2009, 20:39
Pics of your force would be helpful.

I want to use this guy as a daemon prince, but he is kinda pricy.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/store/shopimages/products/normal/aews12_1

Heretic12
26-02-2009, 21:01
I dont have any current pics of the whole force but Ill try to get some soon, I had started a log aout em last year that I never updated but whats there will give you an idea of the color scheme which is still the same. Ill take updated pics of everything right now.

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2066211#post2066211

dal9ll
26-02-2009, 22:45
I think those models are cool but I dont see how theyre at all Chaos-y. They barely even look evil.

malisteen
26-02-2009, 23:10
If the theory is a more chaosy 13th company, they look plenty good. I know the vote so far disagrees with me, but really, the Pureblood is the model to go with, and you should definitely use it as a greater daemon. My reasoning:

Rules: either warpwolf lacks wings. Adding wings will seriously hamper its 'wolfiness'. The daemon prince really needs wings to be effective. The Greater daemon doesn't (and indeed, can't have wings anyway).

Fluff: What's the coolest part of the werewolf concept? The coolest part of any werewolf movie? The horrific transformation from man into beast. The Greater Daemon possession rules in the chaos marine codex let you bring that classic moment to the battlefield, as your corrupted champion's flesh writhes, twists, and expands until he bursts out of his armor, taking the form of a towering, unholy beast.

woodenpickles
26-02-2009, 23:14
the purerblood is bigger, and looks better so it should be the greater daemon, the other option is trhe warpwolf Xtreme, but it looks like crap IMO

boogle
26-02-2009, 23:15
What about the Wolf models from Confrontation?

Vesica
26-02-2009, 23:49
Pureblood as a demon prince, it suits the chapter name that they would become a wolf when they ascend,

And the white will stand out nicely.

Darkseid
27-02-2009, 01:03
Those models are severely awesome! Pureblood has a sweet paint job.

Sypher21
27-02-2009, 02:38
While I do think the models are sweet, they don't *really* fit the already established Chaos spiky clawy grimdark darkgrim SKULLS EVERYWHERE look Chaos is famous for.

But if you can make it work and it's appealing to your senses, go for it. Personally I find the Warpwolf fits the bill better, but the Pureblood seems like a better model.

ShadowDeth
27-02-2009, 23:57
If the theory is a more chaosy 13th company, they look plenty good. I know the vote so far disagrees with me, but really, the Pureblood is the model to go with, and you should definitely use it as a greater daemon. My reasoning:

Rules: either warpwolf lacks wings. Adding wings will seriously hamper its 'wolfiness'. The daemon prince really needs wings to be effective. The Greater daemon doesn't (and indeed, can't have wings anyway).

I don't see why a massive wolf couldn't move around with bounding leaps, simulating "flight".

Eh?

malisteen
28-02-2009, 18:43
In casual gaming among friends, maybe, but when playing pick up games it's generally considered polite to actually model something as significant as flight. Actual wings may not be necessary, but something more then saying 'it can jump' would be better.

As for not being chaosy enough - I got the impression this was a more chaosy 13th company thing, so the style of the rest of the army might not be as 'gothy-gothic-spike-spike-pointy' as the usual CSM fair.

Again, though, using the greater daemon rules lets you have a cool 'my wolfen/champion model transforms into a giant horrible werewolf' midgame moment, while avoid the lame 'it has flight because it can jump' thing entirely.

Aesthetically:

Greater Daemon.....Daemon Prince
No Armor................Power Armor
Not Sorcerer...........Sorcerer
No Wings................Wings
Transformation.........No Transformation

Which one do you think the Warpwolf sound most similar to?

People are telling you the Prince is better because it's better mechanically. But the generic greater daemon isn't bad mechanically, it's actually pretty good if you plan for it, and it better fits the concept and appearance of the models you're looking at.

totgeboren
28-02-2009, 21:37
I voted "Pureblood - Daemon Prince", but malisteen really does have a point. After reading this thread i would vote "Pureblood - Greater Daemon" instead. :)

Bregalad
01-03-2009, 11:12
These models are somewhat smaller than Daemon Princes. Greater Daemons are ... well ... greater, much greater:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Chaos/btp8.jpg

Thanatos_elNyx
01-03-2009, 14:53
I think those models are cool but I dont see how theyre at all Chaos-y. They barely even look evil.

Being a Chaos Worshipper doesn't necessarily mean you are evil.