PDA

View Full Version : How can I use these in a tyranid army?

Hlokk
08-12-2005, 14:18
Truth be told, I don't play starship troopers that much, although I love the arachnid models. This is my problem, I have 20 of these suckers:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=795&qsSeries=26#

And I'd like to use them in a nid army for friendly games. The problem is:

A: would people let me use them as they don't have bases
b: What would I use them as? Im thinking warriors with rending claws and adrenal glands, but im not sure.

Any ideas? and would you be prepared to let me use them?

TWB
08-12-2005, 14:23
If the scale is right, I'd say warriors with scying talons an rending claws too, if you're playing freindlies then things like bases and such are easily resolved (blu-tac a leg to an appropriately sized base for example, I wouldn't have a problem with it, I might make sure such a squad was dead quickly though.

blitz589
08-12-2005, 14:32
Those would work, but bases are essential, so you shouid put them on one.

TWB
08-12-2005, 15:06
You could use a flying stand pole and mount the main body part on the base using that, I suppose.

KayvaanShrike
08-12-2005, 15:28
They look cool!!! I guess you could just base them, they might fit on a 60mm base? They look even more nid like than some on the nid models! I guess if you can't think of how to use them, use them as like a new bio symbiote? Is that not what the new nids were more about was encouraging much variety even within hive fleets on such creatures? They would work perfect.

damz451
08-12-2005, 15:53
there was an article in an old wd about a conversion a guy made with his nids, he essentially made all the warriors, tryants and zoanthropes with 4 legs, i think he used sycthing talons for legs or the big arms on lictors (older ones)

damz451
08-12-2005, 15:56
also u cld use the marauders as sentinals

Great Harlequin
08-12-2005, 16:40
Hlokk, I was considering doing the same when I was doing my Tyranid army. Truth be told I never got around to buying any but I may do in the future.

As long as you don't take these to any official events like tournaments it should be fine. In friendly play I think they'd be a lovely, original and exciting addition to any Tyranid force. Go for it! :)

A: would people let me use them as they don't have bases
You could fit them on to some sort of base, if you feel the need, you just need to work out what size they'd fit on. But, I don't think you'll have to many problems if they didn't have any bases.

b: What would I use them as? Im thinking warriors with rending claws and adrenal glands, but im not sure.
Scarily this is what role I had planned for them. :eek:

Except I'd say they have Scything Talons and Rending Claws.

All the very bestest,

erion
08-12-2005, 17:13
Or Raveners. They look a bit speedier than regular Tyranid warriors, and also burrow underground as a rule...

Zabuza
08-12-2005, 18:22
I agree with Erion. They look pretty speedy.

KayvaanShrike
08-12-2005, 19:50
Yeh and in film do those bugs not tunnel anyway? So make more sense if they were Raveners.

RampagingRavener
08-12-2005, 19:56
I'd say warriors with leaping, two pairs of talons, and whatever else you want. They look more "talony" than "rendy" IMO.