PDA

View Full Version : WoC Army inspired by old special characters?

Nu Fenix
26-02-2009, 22:54
I've been thinking about the missing special characters, which have been discussed in the background section.

Now, whilst searching the net for more background about chaos characters, I found this pdf - http://www.angelfire.com/co4/thedarkgods/characters.pdf

Now, whilst it isn't for the latest book, it made me think, how viable would it be to create a Tzeentch WoC army, with a legally built version of Egrimm Van Horstman? He wouldn't be able to take all of his old magic items, due to point allowance.

Now, I want it based around him, as I like the background of him, and having a Chaos army inspired by the Cabal as a theme, and lots of blammy magic with a dragon for kicks.

Now, I don't own the book, as this is only something I am pondering the viability of, and how well it would play.
But, can a Sorceror Lord ride a dragon?
Do any/all of his magic items still exist?

I would be thinking the 2000-2500 point mark, which may make it unfeasible for a dragon to be involved. Though on the upside - less models to buy/paint!

Jericho
26-02-2009, 23:07
I get a file damaged error when I try to look that up.

Anyway Sorc Lords can ride dragons, what magic items does he need? I know he used to turn the ground into flowers, but that hardly needs an in-game effect ;)

Harwammer
26-02-2009, 23:10
Egrimm has come with all sorts of magic items in the past; chaos runesword, chaos runeshield, skull of katam, magic familiars. All sorts!

Jericho I think the guy who made flowers sprout where he walked was a different Tzeentch champion. The one who's body part is used for the Black Tongue, maybe? I can't remember his name.

Shamfrit
26-02-2009, 23:14
Aekold Hellbrass.

*Lovingly caresses his model.*

pointyteeth
26-02-2009, 23:21
@ Nu Fenix: Yes, Sorcerer lords can ride dragons. The Engrim in the PDF has Runesword, Spell Familiar, and Skull of Katam, all of which are still items in the list. I'm pretty sure taking all three will put him over his points allowance though. Runesword is 50pts, fairly certain spell familiar is 15pts and Skull of Katam is 50pts, but can't remember exactly. What you could do is give him Runesword and Skull of Katam then take the Gift Blood of Tzeentch.

@ Harwammer: The guy your refering to is Aekold Helbrass. I wish they put him in the new list, instead of just his tongue....:(

*edit* Shamfrit, you beat me to it.

Jericho
26-02-2009, 23:29
Gah, my bad. Aekold Helbrass is just so cool that he took over for every other classic SC in my mind. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Anyway, you're mostly right there Pointyteeth. Blood of Tzeentch is another arcane item, and since he would have 115 with Runesword/shield and a Familiar, something's got to go.

pointyteeth
26-02-2009, 23:46
Anyway, you're mostly right there Pointyteeth. Blood of Tzeentch is another arcane item, and since he would have 115 with Runesword/shield and a Familiar, something's got to go.

Oops, wrong item. its whichever gift gives you the +d3 to a cast

*edit* Conjoined Homonculous! :)

Jericho
27-02-2009, 00:24
Thought that might be what you meant. I wouldn't be too happy about taking Stupidity tests on a L4 dragon rider tho... 750 pts of Fail if you roll a 9!

It's golden if you are in combat already though. You can still cast spells like Pandemonium and Gateway, which are your bread and butter with a L4 Tzeentch caster anyway.

... He was Tzeentch right? I wish I could get that pdf to open :p

Nu Fenix
27-02-2009, 01:07
Well, thank you for the fast reponses folks! Very appreciated!

Having my lord on dragon fail a Stupidity test would be quite bad....

And what have they done to Aekold?! Ripped out his tongue? Surely he can grow back a new one :P Or even get by without it, not like he needs it much in that helmet.

Also, how would I go about converting a Chaos Dragon, since I don't like Galruch, and the old dragon is now OOP? Convert the High Elf one?

Jericho
27-02-2009, 06:18
That, or by the fantastic Ultraforge one :)

snottlebocket
27-02-2009, 07:27
Who knew old Aekold's tongue was that powerfull eh?

Nu Fenix
03-03-2009, 23:30
Since I thought it would be better to ask in my own thread which is appropriately themed, instead of making another one, even though it's been a week since it's been active.

Is there a magical two handed weapon for Chaos for 50 points or less? Because I want to show that Aekold Helbrass isn't down and have a sorceror with a great weapon, which isn't possible with how the new MoT works. Whilst it won't even be close to being how he was, it is the look and feel I am after, plus trying to win one on ebay, as long as it stays at a reasonable price ;)

I would only like a yes or no answer please.
I'm not asking for the point cost, rules or even a name for it, as that is against forum policy, but I am still in two minds about making an old-school Tzeentch army and don't want to buy the book only to wish I had bought another book or even unit.

Some people may think it is ineffective to arm a wizard in such a way, even when they are a Chaos Sorceror, but I like to play for fun and to fit a theme, not to WAAC. Granted, it may be why I lose alot, but I'd rather lose with style, then win without having fun/a soul.

pointyteeth
04-03-2009, 00:35
Nope, all WoC weapons are regular hand weapons.

Nu Fenix
04-03-2009, 00:52
Damn :(

Thanks for the answer however :)

Lafkak
04-03-2009, 01:11
I was also wondering about the Black Tongue. Anyone know what happened to Aekold? I assume he died? Who killed him? What happened? /cry