PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Lizzies with Carnosaur goodness...

Amornar
27-02-2009, 04:20
Alright guys I getting my new Lizardmen army up and running, have my Oldblood on Carnosaur, a boat load of Saurus and Skinks and 8 Saurus Cavalry. This is my current list that I am looking at building. I have revised it a few times and this is what I am currently looking at.

Looking for any comments, preferably constructive ones. :)

Lizardmen 2550

Oldblood: 445 pts. (deploy hidden on flanks)
Blade of Realities
Enchanted Shield
Carnosaur

Scar Veteran: 169 pts. (with TG)
Great Weapon
Shield
Hide of the Cold Ones
BSB

Skink Priest: 440 pts. (Guarding the center with spells/abilities)
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Diadem of Power
Engine of the Gods

10 Skinks: 50 pts. (Redirect/Shoot/Hassle/Etc.)
Javelins & Shields

10 Skinks: 50 pts. (Redirect/Shoot/Hassle/Etc.)
Javelins & Shields

10 Skink Skirmishers: 70 pts. (Shoot/Hassle/Etc.)
Blowpipes

14 Temple Guard: 284 pts. (Main Anvil Unit, very tough to break with BSB)
Full Command
War Banner

12 Saurus Warriors: 162 pts. (Secondary RnF, Hits flanks and weak fronts)
Standard Bearer
Musician
Spears

5 Saurus Cavarly: 175 pts. (Deploy on flanks with Carnosaur)

3 Kroxigors: 165 pts. (Deploy on flanks)

3 Terradons: 90 pts. (Warmachines, Single models, marchblock, etc.)

1 Salamander: 75 pts. (Sits near middle shooting at weak RnF)

1 Razordon: 75 pts. (Deploy on flanks of RnF to protect from Flankers, etc)

Included a little run down on the basic plan for using the army. My usual opponents include Tomb Kings, Wood Elves, Orcs+Gobbos and Skaven. Occasionally Ogres and Warriors of Chaos. Any tips with some of these units against those armies would be great too. Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers,

Amornar

blackjack
27-02-2009, 04:49
Oldblood: 445 pts. (deploy hidden on flanks)
Blade of Realities
Enchanted Shield
Carnosaur

Ahemm. Your Oldblood is naked.... Please buy him some armor, this is a family oriented hobby you know....

Foegnasher
27-02-2009, 12:00
Ahemm. Your Oldblood is naked.... Please buy him some armor, this is a family oriented hobby you know....

yes the lightarmor to get him from a 2+ to a 1+ is critical at this point.:rolleyes:

thisisntnotjt
27-02-2009, 12:50
I like this army quite a bit. I'm impressed with the overall utility, and your soft scores should be quite good for having a nice, balanced list.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the new kroxigors, but that's more of a personal choice. The ranked skinks also seem silly to me, but I can see their usefulness for redirecting, etc. I would try to get armor on the Old-blood. I know it seems silly to make sacrifices for the 1+ armor save, but this guy will need all the help he can get.

::steals list for own devilish purposes:::evilgrin:

jax40kplyr1
27-02-2009, 16:27
I'd personally drop the Temple Guard, as they only gain the stubborn and ITP when combined with a Slann. Otherwise they are really just Chaos Warriorss with lower initiative. Not a fan of the 10 skinks with javelins - would respend the points on skirmishing skinks to at least block LOS. Plus they can take down big stuff with their poisoned attacks. Would also be hesitant to deploy the carnosaur in the Cold Ones unit (can't tell if they are in the unit or not) - frenzy will limit your flexibility with them. I personally like bigger saurus spearmen units myself as well - 6 wide and 3 deep.

Amornar
27-02-2009, 17:38
Ahh I know, I realized this morning somewhere along the way I lost my light armor, I plan tweek my points later and give him that. *Slams face into desk for such a silly oversight* As for the kroxigors I have put them in and taken them out in several lists, but I keep ending up with the same problem- there is nothing else to replace them. Saurus cav are good but even their boat load of S5 and S4 attacks isnt going to do the damage I will need against stuff like my wood elf friend's treemen. As for the oldblood I am still not sure if he will go in a unit or just get screened. Luckily he doesn't get frenzy until the first wound which by then hopefully I will have the support around that I will need.

Lastly the comment on the TG I also went back and forth with them vs a unit of plan Saurus, but I also have a slann list that I already have TG for and since they have such great models, and because I already own them and because for 60 some odd points I can have Saurus with WS4, a magic banner and a 2+ save in combat I decided to take them. However like you said I am not sure if they are totally worth it yet.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, keep it coming. I will post a revision later today.

Cheers,

Amornar

Amornar
28-02-2009, 05:24
Slight Update guys, let me know what you think. I dropped the warbanner to get points and added the light armour and 2 more skirmishing skinks

Lizardmen 2249

Oldblood: 455 pts.
Blade of Realities
Enchanted Shield
Light Armour
Carnosaur

Scar Veteran: 169 pts.
Great Weapon
Shield
Cold One Armor
BSB

Skink Priest: 440 pts.
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Diadem of Power
Engine of the Gods

10 Skinks: 50 pts.
Javelins & Shields

10 Skinks: 50 pts.
Javelins & Shields

12 Skink Skirmishers: 84 pts.
Blowpipes

14 Temple Guard: 259 pts.
Full Command

12 Saurus Warriors: 162 pts.
Standard Bearer
Musician
Spears

5 Saurus Cavarly: 175 pts.

3 Kroxigors: 165 pts.

3 Terradons: 90 pts.

1 Salamander: 75 pts.

1 Razordon: 75 pts.

Amornar
01-03-2009, 18:48
.........So better?.........Worse? Any other changes that I could make that might prove useful?