PDA

View Full Version : Steg in unit

Hellseer
27-02-2009, 04:53
Why do I keep hearing about these Stegadon joining units. sense when can a monster model join units? Just cause the book say something about mixed Krox and slann(non monster) why do people thing steg can go with skinks or saurus?

StormCrow
27-02-2009, 05:30
If you have a rules query the place to post your question is in the fantasy rules sub-forum. There's plenty of people there who'll be able to provide an answer.

And for the record a stegadon cannot join any unit.

Wadders
27-02-2009, 05:58
It can if it has a Skink Chief or a Skink Shaman on the back

Ridden monsters can join units - unless they have the fly rule

Crube
27-02-2009, 11:33
Thread moved to Fantasy Rules

Crube
The Warseer Inquisition

Necromancy Black
27-02-2009, 11:37
Why do I keep hearing about these Stegadon joining units. sense when can a monster model join units? Just cause the book say something about mixed Krox and slann(non monster) why do people thing steg can go with skinks or saurus?

Because ridden monsters can join units, and there are two characters that can go onto stegs.

Simple.

theunwantedbeing
27-02-2009, 11:38

The reason you have that opinion is that you don't know the rules all that well for the particular area that concerns stegadons joining units.
Specifically page 58 and page 72.

I sugguest you read them.

Stegadons ridden by character's can indeed join units.
Although stegadons not ridden by character's cannot.

Shamfrit
27-02-2009, 11:56
So what happens if the character on top dies?

Atrahasis
27-02-2009, 12:08
The monster is placed outside the unit, in base contact with it, as close as possible to its former position at the earliest opportunity.

Lord Dan
28-02-2009, 16:20
So what happens if the character on top dies?

The stegadon explodes as a vortex of magical RAW energy opens up and consumes it.

Atrahasis also provides a reasonable solution that I will look into.

Necromancy Black
28-02-2009, 21:43
RAW: the most deadly magic in the Warhammer universe.