PDA

View Full Version : Fast Attack Bag....any reviews?

JCOLL
27-02-2009, 06:22
I did a search to see if this was brought up but didn't find any review of how good or bad the Fast Attack Bag by GW is. So I'm wondering, has anyone purchased this? What are your thoughts on it? Is it worth the money? I like the idea of being able to cart around a project for when I have spare time at work and such. I like the look of the bag and it seems to be a fine purchase. Any thoughts?

Korras
27-02-2009, 09:18
I have one. and I like it.

it is quite sturdy, and has enough foam to carry one squad easily. like they advertise, it easily holds an MP3 player as well. it could do with more brush-holders, though. mine is filled up with 4 brushes (small detail, standard, small drybrush, tankbrush, but I would like to add in a large drybrush, too). it'll also hold a boxed set, or loose sprues, if it needs to. when I take it somewhere, I usually put in what I want to get done that day, usually starting from sprues.

I did find a problem with it, though: the elastic bands that hold the paint, put enough pressure on the material below (cardboard?) to warp it slightly. it's not that bad, but the first time I noticed it, my reaction was: :wtf: . it could also do with a padded shoulderstrap, but then again, the weight isn't that heavy. it would stop it from sliding down the shoulder too easily, though.

in all, I find it a good buy. it's now quite easy to go over to a friends' place to work on stuff. I think we all know the hassle of packing up paint, glue, knife, etc, and then models/sprues, and try to put it all in a backpack..

Guilliman
27-02-2009, 11:10
I was going to write my own review, but Karros nailed it spot on.

You should get one yourself!

gonzosbignose
27-02-2009, 11:17
I take an hours lunch everyday!

5 models in a secured and 8/10 foam area

space for paints that more than covers the paints youll require

spaces for brushes that is well designed...

If your going anywhere, doing anything which requires taking a few paints and models... absoultely ideal!

I couldnt live without mine anymore...

overall... 9 out of 10 for me...

one of the best products gw has produced in recent years

regards

My name is Daniel and i am a wargamer

JCOLL
27-02-2009, 18:36
Wow, I didn't expect such good reviews. You've sealed my fate! I shall purchase one! I go to my local game store on Fridays to sit and work on stuff and this looked ideal for that purpose. Would it be possible to get any better pics of the model storage area with and without models in it? Thanks a lot everyone, much appreciated!

Taekada
27-02-2009, 18:43
I too have one and concour with the reviews given.

Fantastic to tote anywhere !

~G~

t-tauri
27-02-2009, 19:33
Moved to other GW.

Malarick
27-02-2009, 19:57
Would it be possible to get any better pics of the model storage area with and without models in it? Thanks a lot everyone, much appreciated!

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=cat1430017&pIndex=1&aId=11100005&start=2

JCOLL
28-02-2009, 00:23
Well, feel kinda dumb that I didn't find that before, but that's pefect! I'm sold. For as many times I wished I had something like this I'm finally going to succumb. Thanks everyone who replied!

Magos Explorator
01-03-2009, 09:24
EDIT: Was off topic, sorry.

monkeymatt
01-03-2009, 09:36
Hi JColl, am posting here in case you're not checking your PMs. Any update on the refund you promised me? I've not had replies to my messages in a long time, and I've seen you posting several times in recent weeks.

Rather Off topic isn't it??

Magos Explorator
01-03-2009, 10:38
EDIT: Was off topic, sorry.

Korras
02-03-2009, 13:17
Yes, but he's owed me a reasonable chunk of money for a long time, does not answer emails or PMs, and vanishes from the boards for weeks at a time. I figure if not checking emails/PMs is an honest mistake, he's likely to check back into a topic he started.

EDIT: If anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears.
if you think he's purposely ignoring you, you think he'll react to you here?

Magos Explorator
04-03-2009, 08:20
I had given him the benefit of the doubt that it was an honest mistake or coincidence, and it was, as the matter's since been sorted out. Rereading my previous message it sounded a little over-panicky; I've been scammed before so am perhaps overly cautious. But I would like to emphasise that in this case all is ok. I don't want to tarnish JColl's name.

Sorry for the brief thread-jack.

Back on-topic, I've a friend who likes the bag, so would second the recommendations.

ICEMANQ
04-03-2009, 08:42
My friends and I all have one, it is great, usable for many things. To fix the board bending, take the paints out of the elastic straps when the bag is not in use. It carries my manticore/bolt thrower to games as well :P

Osbad
04-03-2009, 11:14
Something I've been wondering about: the space for paints. Will the elastic hold only the normal GW paint pots, or is it tight enough to hold wash/foundation pots or even Vallejo dropper bottles as well? I might get one if it is, but as I use a rag tag variety of paints its a waste of time if it will only hold that standard GW ones. 35 is a lot to punt if it isn't guaranteed to be up to snuff.

EDIT: Looking at the photos, I see it holds the foundation paint sized bottles nicely. Has anyone had any experience with the Vallejo dropper bottles which are about the same diameter but a bit taller? Its not like I can take a bottle in to the GW store to try it out really... ;)

Korras
04-03-2009, 11:53
if they are the same diameter: it'll fit. if it's taller, it would depend on how much. I can't really give a more suitable answer: I have no vallejo paints.

Osbad
04-03-2009, 12:11
I can't find a direct comparison, but here's one to Reaper paints, which are pretty similar bottles. If they'd fit OK, then Vallejo ones would likely fit also, although they are a smidge taller.

Wildkard
04-03-2009, 12:18
I love my bag! It goes everywhere with me...I even take the middle bit out and use it to bring my lunch to work and my current black lilbrary book! :D

Korras
04-03-2009, 14:15
I can't find a direct comparison, but here's one to Reaper paints, which are pretty similar bottles. If they'd fit OK, then Vallejo ones would likely fit also, although they are a smidge taller.

hrm.. I don't think they'll fit length-wise, though, at least not with 3 rows.

Norsehawk
06-03-2009, 21:26
I just ordered one of these so I can take it to college with me and paint a little bit between a few of my classes (where I have an hour+ between classes)

I ordered it because of the reviews here.

Oh and Magos Explorator, You can go back and edit your previous posts to remove the bit you had there as even though it was cleared up, it does have a negative effect on people's perceptions.

marv335
06-03-2009, 22:37
I got one of the 'bay this morning.
22 delivered
:D
It seems pretty decent. I'm happy with mine.

marv335
07-03-2009, 11:23
Something I've been wondering about: the space for paints. Will the elastic hold only the normal GW paint pots, or is it tight enough to hold wash/foundation pots or even Vallejo dropper bottles as well? I might get one if it is, but as I use a rag tag variety of paints its a waste of time if it will only hold that standard GW ones. 35 is a lot to punt if it isn't guaranteed to be up to snuff.

EDIT: Looking at the photos, I see it holds the foundation paint sized bottles nicely. Has anyone had any experience with the Vallejo dropper bottles which are about the same diameter but a bit taller? Its not like I can take a bottle in to the GW store to try it out really... ;)

I just tried the vallejio bottles in it, they fit, but you can only stack two high instead of three.

Osbad
08-03-2009, 16:14
I just tried the vallejio bottles in it, they fit, but you can only stack two high instead of three.

That's good to know! Holding fewer bottles isn't so important as I'd probably only want a few colours at a time anyway. Bit there wasn't much point if they would fall out of the elastic and risk spilling in the bag, so knowing that they are held securely is great!
Thanks for letting me know!

cool0001
08-03-2009, 22:11
@JCOLL if your getting one get it soon they are recalling them (in the UK at least) to GW HQ to be direct only.

JCOLL
09-03-2009, 01:07
Well, I just put in my order and should see my new bag by the end of the week. I'm pretty excited about getting it. Thanks to everyone for all the info. It really helped me make my decission. Now the only problem will be the endless questions when I take it to work, "What's that? You paint toy soldiers? etc etc" I think I can deal with that ;)