PDA

View Full Version : Which Chaos magic do you like the best?

Darkseid
27-02-2009, 07:23
I'm going through my Chaos Space Marines codex and trying to think which mark I should give my Chaos Sorcerer. Any vets of the army have any advice? Thanks!

ChaosVC
27-02-2009, 08:33
Slanash Lash!!! Combo with Khorne Zerkers!

rooster27
27-02-2009, 08:37
pure slannesh zerkers are pussy

Sanctjud
27-02-2009, 13:12
Depends if you want to be a competitive jerk, a decently equipped sor, or a fun sor.

All the powers have their place really.

Doombolt=cheap HQ to maximize points elsewhere.
Gift=fun, and great when it works, over costed when it doesn't.
Wind=general all-comer power.
Warp time=general all-comer power.
Nurgle's rot=fun/close combat bombing.
BoC=meh
Lash=depends on the list and how many, but this items adds far too much at very little cost and low negatives about it.

My 7 Cents.

Lord Damocles
27-02-2009, 13:14
I wasn't aware that there was an option other than Lash or Warptime with Wind...

Inach
27-02-2009, 13:21
Gift spamming sorcerers (can be casts twice by each sorcerer) are fun against elite army's. A C'tan becomes a blob or some other point heavy mini! Imagen a farseer in a seercouncil on jetbike.. goes like *plop* :D

Fun? Yes
Competative.. No way

maze ironheart
27-02-2009, 14:00
I'm going through my Chaos Space Marines codex and trying to think which mark I should give my Chaos Sorcerer. Any vets of the army have any advice? Thanks!

I like Nurgles rot take that orks and warp time.

Sanctjud
27-02-2009, 16:31
Just in case, so that there's no confusion.

There is no way to use Warp Time and Nurgle's Rot together. It would be nice, but there's no legal way to do it.

My 7 Cents.

Darkseid
27-02-2009, 18:31
Thanks for the insight guys!

dal9ll
27-02-2009, 20:43
God, Lash is SO OVERRATED! Lash Princes and Sorcerer's are probably the most overrated units in 40k right now. Unless used intelligently and in conjuction with certain other units, the Lash is all but useless.

I prefer to give my Nurgle Sorcerer Gift of Chaos, but thats probably just because I play a lot of low-Toughness armies like Eldar. Warptime is decent for a combat-Sorcerer too.

Madfool2
27-02-2009, 21:40
I like doombolt, personally it's because when it comes to HQ's I normally go by the rule of "less is more".

Rick Blaine
27-02-2009, 22:33
God, Lash is SO OVERRATED! Lash Princes and Sorcerer's are probably the most overrated units in 40k right now. Unless used intelligently and in conjuction with certain other units, the Lash is all but useless.

Yes, moving enemy Troops off objectives is totally useless. Unless you do it intelligently :eyebrows:

Da Black Gobbo
27-02-2009, 23:03
God, Lash is SO OVERRATED! the Lash is all but useless.

That's pretty fun, i found useless with 2 lash sorc/princes to take a squad of whatever you want out of cover and bring them ( preffer marines) into rapidfire range of a TS unit, then shoot it to death and send the remmants back to cover with the other prince.

It's pretty useless getting out of the objetive up to 2 squads in the last turn of the battle.

Also is useless to clutter a squad and then pie plating it with Demolishers/plasma cannons.

It's okay if you don't like lash, if you think is OP or Lame but don't say it's bad.

Johnnyfrej
27-02-2009, 23:09
My favorite is Warp Time because I love the idea of a Daemon Prince or Sorceror shouting "Can't touch this!" as he weaves past bullets and blows in Matrix-style Bullet Time.

Ravenheart
27-02-2009, 23:16
Warp Time is a must for me, as I tend to roll extremly badly and miss even grots in CC.

Madfool2
28-02-2009, 00:34
Warp Time is a must for me, as I tend to roll extremly badly and miss even grots in CC.

You know, even with re-rolls in those situations, I usually end up failing anyway. :p

I have to say though, Warp-time on a Daemon prince is just, well the way.

Sanctjud
28-02-2009, 01:15
I prefer the Spartan Daemon Prince.

DP + wings, x 2. Cheap, expendable, killy, and draws fire.

My 7 Cents.

Darkseid
28-02-2009, 04:06
Lots of great advice in this thread. Once again, thanks all.