PDA

View Full Version : Almost finished: 2.5Kpts Bretonnia Full-Knights army

BrianGeneral
27-02-2009, 11:11
Edit: The race is stupid. It should be Bretonnia.

Among the 4 choices I got (Khornate Chaos/Daemons, TK, Bretonnia) about fun and competitivity, I think I'll go for the horse nation first. Now I must, however, think seriously about what will I use.

List 1

Lord
Bretonnian Lord /w Grail Vow, Virtue of Confidence, Sword of the Lady's Champion, the Grail Shield, Ganulet of Duel-254pts (Join the Grail Knights)
(Hope that I don't mess up with the point limits)

Heroes
Paladin /w Questing Vow, Armour of Agilulf, Morning Star of Fracasse on horse-132pts (Join the Questing Knights)
Paladin /w Army Standard (War Banner) on horse, Virtue of Heroism-139pts (Join the Errants)

Core
5x 9 Knights of the Realm /w Musician, Standard-240pts*5=1200pts
8 Knights Errant /w Musician, Standard, Errantary Banner-181pts

Special
8 Questing Knight /w Musician, Standard, Banner of Chalons-261pts

Rare
5 Grail Knights /w Musician, Standard-220pts

Total: 2497pts
69 Knights
================================================== ========
List 2

Lord
Bretonnian Lord /w Grail Vow, Virtue of Confidence, Sword of the Lady's Champion, the Grail Shield, Ganulet of Duel-254pts (Join the Grail Knights)
(Hope that I don't mess up with the point limits)

Heroes
Paladin /w Virtue of Noble Distain, Armour of Agilulf, Morning Star of Fracasse on Pegasus-180pts (Join the Pegasus Knights)
Paladin /w Army Standard (War Banner) on horse, Virtue of Heroism-139pts (Join the Errants)

Core
5x 9 Knights of the Realm /w Musician, Standard-240pts*5=1200pts
8 Knights Errant /w Musician, Standard, Errantary Banner-181pts

Special
3 Pegasus Knights /w Musican, Standard-195pts

Rare
5 Grail Knights /w Musician, Standard, Banner of Chalons-230pts

Total: 2489pts
56 Knights
================================================== ========
My only concern will be my lack of Magical Defense in both lists, as well as seemingly lacking bodies. So which list will be better? Or how can I improve it?

BrianGeneral
27-02-2009, 15:20
SO no love for horses anyone?

BrianGeneral
28-02-2009, 00:38
Another bump.
This is falling too fast......

BrianGeneral
02-03-2009, 11:34
Still no one wants to help eh?

Malorian
02-03-2009, 19:42
Never fear! Powergaming Malorian is here! ;)

First of all don't worry about magic. You'll be charging turn two and there are few armies that can do enough damage in 2 magic phases to make it worth the scroll caddies. I played with no magic defense for a LONG time and did very well.

Now the lord. Your lord is 254 points, and for that you could get a full unit of knights. Which do you think would be better? I know you have him set up to be your super character killer, but honestly he's going to let you down. For starters the gauntlet of dual sucks. The only time it helps is when you are hitting a unit without a champ and in a way so your lord won't be in base to base with his victom. In any otehr scenario it's a waste. Now he will kill most wizards and heros, but against serious lords I'm not suer you'll do that well. In the end you are best off taking that extra unit and just using the unit champ to bog down enemy heros.

List 1:
-First paladin most likely won't be worth it.
-The best BSB setup is warbanner and virtue of duty.
-I find that 3 pegasus knights are not enough and a few loses makes them almost worthless. At five strong they can take on blocks by themselves and a few loses won't matter.
-Banner of chalons will obviously be on a unit that will be charging a shooting unit. You don't want to dedicate questing knights to killing mere shooty units. Move this to a KotR unit.
-Grail knights... not a fan. I know my opponent's just kill them off right away with warmachines. Would rather have regular knights.

List 2:
-You can't join units of fliers so you'll have to rethink that pegasus paladin.
-See notes above and add a big exclamation point on the banner of chalons.