PDA

View Full Version : Dwarfs 2k

Adam87
27-02-2009, 14:22
I have always gone with a dwarf lord for my dwarfs but after looking at the book more I have decided to go with a runelord.

Thorek ironbrow

505pts

Thane, great weapon, master rune of kragg the grim, rune of fury, rune of fire, rune of stone.

Joins the warriors

124pts

Thane, bsb, master rune of gromril.

Joins the hammerers

115pts

19 Warriors, shields, standard bearer, veteran.

191pts

10 Quarrellers

100pts

10 Quarrellers

100pts

19 Hammerers, shields, fc, rune of courage.

327pts

Bolt thrower,engineer, rune of burning, rune of penetrating, rune of seeking.

105pts

Bolt thrower,engineer, rune of burning, rune of penetrating.

90pts

Cannon, rune of burning.

95pts

Cannon, rune of burning, rune of reloading

105pts

Organ gun.

120pts

sergio
27-02-2009, 15:06
looks tough, although people wont be happy about you playing thorek

i would drop one cannon for a grudgethrower (plus maybe a few hammerers to get a gyrocopter)

2 BTs and a cannon should be enough to deal with monsters, chariots, and other bad baddies. but neither of them really do well with rank and file troops. a grudgethrower/gyrocopter will round your shooting phase. plus the gyro will help with march blocking to slow them down even more

also try to get the points to get a musician for your warriors... it's gonna suck when you lose a round of combat because the enemy has one and you dont.

Fate
27-02-2009, 17:37
Looks solid but on a general note, I wouldn't take a special character. Apart from that I'd also not rune your warmachines, too many points wasted. In my case I just prefer to take 8 BT with just the engineer.

Adam87
27-02-2009, 21:33
looks tough, although people wont be happy about you playing thorek

i would drop one cannon for a grudgethrower (plus maybe a few hammerers to get a gyrocopter)

2 BTs and a cannon should be enough to deal with monsters, chariots, and other bad baddies. but neither of them really do well with rank and file troops. a grudgethrower/gyrocopter will round your shooting phase. plus the gyro will help with march blocking to slow them down even more

also try to get the points to get a musician for your warriors... it's gonna suck when you lose a round of combat because the enemy has one and you dont.

I really hate the gyrocopter model thats why I wanna use thorek so i can slow units down. If I liked the gyrocopter model I wouldnt take thorek.

I do like the grudgethrower but I have two cannon models.

I dont see the musician being a big miss. I have ld 10 re-rolled.

Adam87
27-02-2009, 21:35
Looks solid but on a general note, I wouldn't take a special character. Apart from that I'd also not rune your warmachines, too many points wasted. In my case I just prefer to take 8 BT with just the engineer.

I have only spent 95pts on runes for them that would only get me one more bolt thrower. Plus I think the rune of burning is a huge help with alot of the new books

Fate
27-02-2009, 22:48
I wanted to have the rune of burning in all my BT's but with all the combinations I'd have to do, that would take me a lot of points.

Adam has a good point on a grudge thrower, it's something I always wanted to try, giving it 2 points of strenght and re-roll for the missfire... Goodness.

CommisarMolotov
02-03-2009, 14:46
Just one little point - Thorek can't join the unit of warriors. He's stuck on his Rune Altar (counts as a war machine).

(Whoops, my bad - I was reading the entry for the Thane. Carry on!)