PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts Mixed Daemons

Holesto
27-02-2009, 15:14
I just started constructing my army and I have my first match today against my friend who plays Vampire Counts. I feel that my list is a little too spread out amongst the gods, but I don't really know what I'm doing since I'm a noob. Anyways, Here's my list.

Bloodthirster - Immortal Fury, Awesome Strength - 550 pts
Skulltaker - Juggernaut Mount - 200 pts
Herald of Khorne - BSB with Standard of Chaos Glory, Armor of Khorne, Firestorm Blade - 290 pts
Bloodletters - 20 with full command, Skull Totem - 295 pts
Plaguebearers - 10 - 120 pts
Pink Horrors - 10 - 120 pts
Bloodcrushers - 3 with Blood Reaper - 230 pts
Flamers of Tzeentch - 3 - 105 pts

This comes to like 1990 pts. Am I trying to do too many things at once with this army? Suggestions and HARSH criticism welcomed :)

djkest
27-02-2009, 16:36
Looks pretty good, but I would (not take) Awesome strength on the bloodthirster. He's just too many points in a 2000 point game. Immortal Fury I think is good though. At 475 points he's relatively cheap.

10 Plaguebearers is kind of a small unit, and without a herald they are not particularly fighty or resilient.

If you save some points on the bloodthirster, you might also think about adding a flamer or two.

Just my ideas. I'm sure the pros will have some more ideas.

What do you see your skulltaker doing? Is he gonna go off on his own hunting easy targets?

craskie666
27-02-2009, 16:47
i would drop the hearld with BSB then at a level 1 hearld of nurgle and change the unit of 20 bloodletters to plaguebareers

Fate
27-02-2009, 17:31
The bloodthirster looks damn fine, it can take dragons and any big things in one swoop. As far as characters go I'd chage the BSB to simply have the obsidian armour, it gives him a save 0+ and immunity to magic weapons if you give him a juggernaut.

I also don't see a need for the skulltaker, I think that for less points you can take a slaanesh herald with siren song just for that really nasty opponent... Don't forget to give it the steed of slaanesh too.

I also don't see a need for any kind of comand in the bloodletters and much less such big number, units of 10 in your core is the best you can have... If you have unused points, think of furies, You need fliers for warmachine capture.

Bloodcrushers are always good but you don't need a champion, you need a standart bearer with the icon of endless war for extra charge distance... Needless to say that here is where your BSB also comes.

Holesto
27-02-2009, 20:08
I'm pretty much going to be playing my friend's VC for at least the next few weeks, so Skulltaker is in there to take down Mannfred von Carstein and his other characters. I figured the Bloodletters were too large, and I'm probably going to reduce them to 10, and up my plaguebearers to 17 with a herald on palanquin inside bringing them to 6 wide by 3 deep. I might even get rid of the herald of khorne so I can add in the herald of nurgle. I love the 0+ save ol' khorny gets on his juggy though.

I've read furies are awesome for warmachine killers, but VC doesn't seem to have any warmachines. Does this army even stand a chance against 11 power dice VC with Mannfred as its general?

Fate
27-02-2009, 20:59
Not likely in my opinion, if you're wanting something that takes care of VC and with manfred there, go tzeentch. You'll have him running for his life on a magic duel.

Holesto
28-02-2009, 20:20
I actually won pretty convincingly last night. We didn't do victory points or anything like that since it was our first game, though. I fly my bloodthirster to his back ranks on the second turn, and he charged him with his dire wolves to slow him down. After making quick work of them I charged into his black coach with the Thirster (who had just killed 7 bloodletters with impact hits alone) and hit it with a big strength 10 hit, shattering it to pieces. Skulltaker was moving towards mannfred, but he summoned a spirit host to slow me down. After making quick work of the spirit host with skulltaker, my flamers hit mannfred with 2 wounds and skulltaker finished him off. It was all pretty much downhill from there.

I think the reason it went so bad for my friend was that he had mannfred behind a couple units, so he could not cast any magic missles to soften my guys up. He raised quite a few zombies in his turns, but didnt really do much damage to my units. Seemed like the coach and his grave guard were the biggest threats to me.

I changed my plaguebearers to 15, and am going to try and add in another herald and put him with my plague boys.

Da_Viking
02-03-2009, 14:58
Having a unit of 16 Plaguebearers and a herald of nurgle will give you a nice anvil.

Obsidian armour on a bloodthirster with give you armour saves and nullify opponenets magic weapons when in contact.

Skulltaker versus VC. Skulltaker challenges. Champion accepts. Kill champion. Then vc raise champion back and repeat until the end of the world happens.

Drop Skulltaker for another herald of khorne on juggernaut and add it to the bloodcrushers to give them hatred.

Or bring in a herald of Tzeentch with Mastery and spellbreak to give you a little more magic capability.

Versus VC you will want to stop their magic.

Herald of tzeentch lvl2
Herald of Nurgle lvl1
10 Horros lvl1
+2 dice for showing up to play.

If I decked out the Bloodthirster I would do ObArmour, Firestorm Blade, and Hatred. Comes out to 550 points though.

use and abuse as needed!

Holesto
02-03-2009, 21:23
Skulltaker is on a jugg, so I use him to try and hunt down special characters/vampires to negate some of his magic. Think I should drop him for a tzeentch herald? I mean with a TZ herald, nurgle herald and 10 pink horrors im still only going to have 6 power dice. I like the obsidian armor too, but the strength 10 is enough to crush anything on the board and if I get a wound through on his black chariot thing it is instantly destroyed. I'm still tweaking this list, and the more I'm looking at it I think that the bloodthirster is eating up too many of my points and I'd be better off with a couple more heralds and some flesh hounds.

Any more suggestions?