PDA

View Full Version : Images fro ren-games feb 09 tournament.

big squig
28-02-2009, 00:43
Over hear at ren-games in maryland we had our seasonal tournament. It was our biggest one yet with 16 players! We couldn't fit another person in the little shop.
Here's a slide show of some photos I took. link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJwWkxXMdjk)

Some cool stuff:
- We had one blind player. He did ok, but he won best sport.
- Ultramarines took 1st place while bugs took second.
- There were 6 ex-GW employees form all around the area.
- One eldar player lost nearly his whole army in a single turn to a single tank shock from a vidicator with no guns.
- That same eldar player next turn deep struck his swooping hawks into lava!

mughi3
28-02-2009, 06:19
great work, should try to get a sot of each of the full armies displayed next time......

all done to FLCL music.
:D:p

Eryx_UK
28-02-2009, 12:40
Nice. I especially like the Elder grav tank with the holo field paint scheme.

Master Stark
28-02-2009, 12:50
- We had one blind player. He did ok, but he won best sport.

How on earth does that work?

Angelwing
28-02-2009, 16:42
Looks good! Pic at 2.20 made me laugh!

big squig
01-03-2009, 01:52
How on earth does that work?
It was really interesting. Really nice guy too. He played a ghost eldar army (he was the one with the crazy looking falcons), he hires people to paint his stuff but is very specific about what he wants. He has a small tray for his dice and feels the pips to know what he rolled. He feels the table before the game and feels his army to know it's location. He then asks his opponent to point his measuring stick towards targeted units and feels the inch increments to find distance. He has a surprisingly good idea of whats going on.

Though, to make things easier for him, we kept him on one table every round, but changed the terrain for fairness.

sneb
01-03-2009, 02:02
Wow great pictures, everyone at your store paints very well!

Where in Maryland is your store? Near the Delaware line I hope?:P we have no retailers in southern Delaware anymore it's really a shame:(

big squig
01-03-2009, 02:05
Wow great pictures, everyone at your store paints very well!

Where in Maryland is your store? Near the Delaware line I hope?:P we have no retailers in southern Delaware anymore it's really a shame:(
Renaissance Games is in Fallston MD. (Harford County)