PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Painboy???

Hunter245
28-02-2009, 05:57
After looking through a site with bitz, I found a head that was the painboy's. In the Nob upgrade box do they have an actual plastic conversion. My intial thought was that it was only metal. thanks!

ManusMarines
28-02-2009, 06:08
After looking through a site with bitz, I found a head that was the painboy's. In the Nob upgrade box do they have an actual plastic conversion. My intial thought was that it was only metal. thanks!

There is no "Painboy" conversion per se, rather you could probably construct a decent looking painboy from the Nob kit by making a 'irty syringe arm.

misterboff
28-02-2009, 09:48
Considering how White Dwarf boasted that the boxed set would contain every option available to the mob, I was a bit upset when there was no official Waaagh! Banner, Painboy or Grot Orderly.

I intend to use a Nob body with a tabard (to represent his apron), one of the Cybork heads, the Buzzsaw arm (as Dok's Tools), and try to convert a Slugga into an 'Urty Syringe.

misterboff

Mega Nutz
28-02-2009, 10:14
Check out Orky Slaughterhouse by His Master's Voice in the general M P&T section of this forum. He's converted a superb painboy with some of the new nob parts!

philbrad2
28-02-2009, 10:26
Yup no such animal as a plastic Painboy, I've got the regular Painboy but I'm using Grotsnik with my Nobz cause he's more 'beefy'

PhilB
:chrome:

Born Again
28-02-2009, 12:58
Considering how White Dwarf boasted that the boxed set would contain every option available to the mob, I was a bit upset when there was no official Waaagh! Banner, Painboy or Grot Orderly.

I intend to use a Nob body with a tabard (to represent his apron), one of the Cybork heads, the Buzzsaw arm (as Dok's Tools), and try to convert a Slugga into an 'Urty Syringe.

misterboff

Me too, a few options missing as you said, the most obvious being the painboy and cybork bodies. There's one cybork head, and two arms (one buzzsaw and one hydraulic spear looking thing) but considering the upgrade needs to be given to an entire mob, and you need a couple of these parts on one model to make it look like a proper cybork, it doesn't really fly.

Kronos
28-02-2009, 13:02
His Master's Voice made an amazing Ork painboy from different bits. Have alook, it looks more brutal and orky that the current gw pain boy.

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173762&page=2

Bellygrub
28-02-2009, 14:16
I made a Painboy using a nob with the buzzer arm from the Nob box. I then took a flamer tank from a Burna, created a 'urty syringe out of a slugga and the **** end of a stick bomb and connected it to the tank using a pewter wire from Dragon Forge.

Works out pretty well.