PDA

View Full Version : 3000 Point DE vs Dragon heavy HE

UltimateNagash
28-02-2009, 12:37
So, this is my first DE list. It's more of a fun list, but I want it to be competitive. as well. Personally, I feel the characters are fine, and can help deal with the 1-3 Dragons my friend fields. But you, everything is better safe than sorry.
What do ya guys think? Cheers :)

Right, so the characters go where their names suggest ;)

Malekith 710
The Black Chariot

Talros Spineflayer (Master) 230
Caledor's Bane, heavy armour, shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Null Talisman, Cold One Chariot

Lokhir Fellheart 250

Kulros Spineflayer (Sorceress) 160
Level 2 Wizard, Darkstar Cloak

Mitette Slavebreaker (Sorceress) 160
Level 2 Wizard, Sacrificial Dagger

The Spineflayers (15 Warriors) 120
Shields, Lordling, musician, standard bearer

The Slavebreakers (15 Warriors) 120

Manticore's Sting (10 Repeater Crossbowmen) 105
Musician

Hydra's Bite (10 Repeater Crossbowmen) 105
Musician

Blessed Relief (14 Black Ark Corsairs) 190
Reaver, musician, standard bearer, War Banner

Eternal Death (15 Black Guard) 295
Tower Master, Ring of Hotek, musician, standard bearer, Dread Banner
The Touch of Khaine (Assassin) 176
Additional hand weapon, repeater handbow, Rune of Khaine, Manbane, Cloak of Twilight

The Claws of Khaine (2 Reaper Bolt Thrower) 200

The Talon of Khaine (War Hydra) 175
2996 points
95 models
10+2 Power Dice and 6+1 Dispel Dice
1 Bound Spell

Von Wibble
28-02-2009, 13:01
Imo malekith is not good for his points. Anything that ignores armour saves does very well against him and Star lance is a very popular item, especially with rerolling hits and wounds. Combine with the fact he is overcosted by 150 or so points and he is someone you have to really want to use. Imo a L4 and a Noble combined will give better magic, better combat and cost less too! I feel the army has skimoped on units - largely through the fact that nearly half of it is characters.

Black guard - why the draed banner? HE will likely have ITP on units that matter since standard of balance overrides hatred (so who wouldn't take it!) and cod one knights have fear to contend with. Also Black guard are itp themselves. Pointless item in most cases. Banner of murder of ubiquitous Hag Graef will serve you far better.

Lorkhir is very nice vs high elf infantry.

Imo 2 cheap assassins are better than 1 expensive one. These are the bane of elite HE infantry.

What do you have to deal with dragon princes?

UltimateNagash
28-02-2009, 14:03
Except Malekith is fun. And I like him, and the conversion opportunities are great. He stays...

Er, um, I think I got the wrong banner _

When you say cheap Assassin, how cheap?

Last time we played, when I used VC, he wasn't using Dragon Princes, just actual Dragons...

Dragon Prince of Caledor
28-02-2009, 16:02
Except Malekith is fun. And I like him, and the conversion opportunities are great. He stays...

Er, um, I think I got the wrong banner _

When you say cheap Assassin, how cheap?

Last time we played, when I used VC, he wasn't using Dragon Princes, just actual Dragons...

lol the bit about Malekith made me laugh. I like playing with fun models too. However I think the list will have a hard time against 3 dragons, but who on Earth wouldnt:eek: Anywho I think its a pretty solid list and there is nothing more epic than High Elves vs. Dark Elves in a large game :evilgrin::angel: hehe Good luck!

Von Wibble
28-02-2009, 20:11
A cheap assassin is one with rune of khaine and ehw. Against elite infantry this is fine. 2 of these come to about 70 more points than your assassin. You save more than that by taking a L4 and nobel instead of malekith ;)
At any rate, with T3 on most models manbane is of limited use, though I suppose you have dragons in mind there? Personally I would think the dragon rider is a much better target. High elves don't have access to very good protection when mounted unless its their only area of concentration (3+ save with reroll and 4+ ward is the best I can think of, with only 20pts for other items).

Dread banner- unit causes fear, 40pts. Is that the one you mean?

He is mad not to use dragon princes, but if he doesn't you gain an advantage...

Overall I still think its a very small army. If I hadn't been told it was 3000 I would have thought it was much less than that. It is also a concern how the army protects its flanks, unless you go defensive - you have no cold ones, dark riders or harpies. Only malekith and the hydra are faster than M5.

Also, with so much magic I'm not sure about ring of hotek - once the battle lines are closed pretty much every unhit that matters will be in its 12" radius. Unless the black guard are away from the rest of the army - in which case I'm not sure of the point of it in the first place.

garythewargamer
02-03-2009, 13:53
Three dragons you say, that means that you will not be facing Teclis which is a good thing. See a few comments about you maybe outnumbered. With HE using dragons I do not see that especially if he uses Dragon Princes. He will have a lot of points tied up in characters following your topic.

Keep us informed about how this goes. Bottomline is to have fun, winning is really nice but not making mistakes is even better.

UltimateNagash
03-03-2009, 21:11
See, I jus have problems. I've tried to fit Malekith, someone on a Manticore, Lokhir, Corsairs, a Cauldron of Blood, Assassins, Cold Ones, Black Guard, Bolt Throwers and at least one Hydra in, and I jus struggle so much. The book has too many things I want to include in the army :D

I mean, I already gave up trying to include the CoB, so here's my newer list:

Talros Spineflayer (Dreadlord) 274
Caledor's Bane, Armour of Eternal Servitude, shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Pearl of Infinite Bleakness, Cold One

Sethos Mindflayer (Supreme Sorceress) 315
Level 4 Wizard, Black Staff

Malus Darkblade 275

Lokhir Fellheart 250

Level 2 Wizard, Sacrificial Dagger

The Mindflayers (15 Dark Elf Warriors) 125

The Spineflayers (15 Dark Elf Warriors) 125

The Slavebreakers (15 Dark Elf Warriors) 125

Blessed Relief (15 Corsairs) 200
Reaver, musician, standard bearer, Banner of Murder
The Touch of Khaine (Assassin) 146
Additional hand weapon, Rune of Khaine, Manbane

The House of Demise (5 Cold One Knights) 235
Dread Knight, Deathpiercer, musician, standard bearer, Standard of Hag Graef

The House of Slaughter (5 Cold One Knights) 235
Dread Knight, Ring of Hotek, musician, standard bearer, Standard of Slaughter

3000 points
86 models
10+1 Power Dice and 6 Dispel Dice
1 Bound Spell

UltimateNagash
07-03-2009, 19:07
OK, so I've worked on it and got 104 models and some cool stuff I like in there. Less Magic then before, which is annoying, but sacrifices have to be made. What do ya think?

Talros Spineflayer (Dreadlord) 250
Executioner's Axe, heavy armour, shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Null Talisman

Malus Darkblade 275

Lokhir Fellheart 250

Level 2 Wizard, Sacrifical Dagger

The Spineflayers (19 Dark Elf Warriors) 143
Shields, musician, standard bearer

The Slavebreakers (19 Dark Elf Warriors) 143
Shields, musician, standard bearer

Blessed Relief (14 Corsairs) 190
Reaver, musician, standard bearer
The Shadow of Khaine (Dark Elf Assassin) 116
Additional hand weapon, Cloak of Twilight

The Dark Flock (5 Harpies) 55

The Cursed Flock (5 Harpies) 55

Hateful Vengeance (5 Shades) 85
Addittional hand weapons
The Blade of Khaine (Dark Elf Assassin) 126
Rending Stars, additional hand weapon

The House of Demise (5 Cold One Knights) 235
Dread Knight, Pearl of Infinite Bleakness, musician, standard bearer, Standard of Hag Graef

Eternal Death (15 Black Guard) 277
Tower Master, Ring of Hotek, musician, standard bearer, Banner of Murder
The Touch of Khaine (Dark Elf Assassin) 96
Additional hand weapon

3226 points
104 models
6+1 Power dice and 4 Dispel dice
1 Bound Spell