PDA

View Full Version : want to make a compeditive goblin force, help mush appreciated, 2000points

kormas
01-03-2009, 06:53
LORDS
Goblin Warboss=175
Martogs best basha
Amulet of protectyness
Kikken boots
Gigantic spider

HEROES
Goblin big boss=105
BSB-rowdy grots big red banner

Night gobbo shaman=100
Staff of sneaky stealing

Night gobbo shaman=80
Staff of sorcery

CORE
40 night gobos=250
hand weapon+shield
3 fanatics
full command
nets

40 night gobos=225
hand weapon+shield
2 fanatics
full command
nets

30 nigh gobos=195
hand weapon+shield
2 fanatics
full command
nets

20 night gobos=64
bows
musician

20 night gobos=64
bows
musician

20 night gobos=64
bows
musician

5 spider riders=76
bows
musician

5 spider riders=76
bows
musician

10 spider riders=170
full command
bows

SPECIAL
X2 spear chukkas=70

6 squig hoppers=90

7 squig hoppers=105

RARE
Doom diver=80

X2 trolls=80

models=209
war machines=3
PD=4
DD=4+1

this is my first draft of an army. there are large blocks of infantry that will hopefully hold the opponent up and maybe do something. the 2 trolls are there to act as a buffer and maybe charge something that is nasty in a effort to kill it. i have some artillery in the form of the spear chukkas and doom diver. the squig hoppers will hopefully pack a punch and weaken enemy units.

help is much needed, thanks in advance:D

Vam2tic
01-03-2009, 07:53
If you are going for a night goblin horde then i suggest Skarsnik.:D He was the key to all my night goblin armies.:D Also some more Spear Chukas might help and the big unit of Spiders riders i think shouldn't need command:D I would suggest dropping it down to another two units and giving them both musicians or maybe try something different and use wolf riders:D

Just my 2 cents

Vam2tic

Foegnasher
01-03-2009, 08:03
i like it. very hordy.

BUT....

no dispel scrolls?

how are you going to keep the trolls from going stupid all the time?

RossS
01-03-2009, 19:40
If you are going to make all your foot mobs Night Goblins, then I should think that the Warboss and Big Boss should be Night Goblins as well. Sure, their leadership is rubbish, but that's just something you are going to have to live with. At present, it would be easy (and justifiable) to call this list "unfluffy."

I would drop one infantry block, probably one of the bow units. I think two is probably enough.

kaulem
02-03-2009, 13:26
If you are going to make all your foot mobs Night Goblins, then I should think that the Warboss and Big Boss should be Night Goblins as well. Sure, their leadership is rubbish, but that's just something you are going to have to live with. At present, it would be easy (and justifiable) to call this list "unfluffy."

I would drop one infantry block, probably one of the bow units. I think two is probably enough.

Male Cow Dung!!!

He has common goblin characters, common goblin troops, and night goblin characters with night goblin troops.

This army is 100% fluff

madival
02-03-2009, 17:03
I would try and get a fanatic or 2 in the archers. If those fanatics release, it is usually because of something fast running at them.

Urgat
02-03-2009, 17:42
Break the 10 spiders unit into two units of 5. 10 spiders with bows just doesn't make sense, and you can use 4 light cavalry units, really. Don't even think of using them as shock troops though, the poison won't save them :p
I'm also doubtfull at your lord. Kit him up as much as you want, he'll still get a kicking from anybody around. The spider is crap, quite frankly. It's weak, it's fragile, and it's a large target. Doesn't even cause terror. the only thing it'll achieve is get your lord to find himself walking after the first enemy shooting round.
From my (rather long) experience with all gob armies, a fighting goblin lord is always a silly idea. The only thing he's useful for is to lend his Ld. In fact, his Ld is vital to your army (especially for the trolls). You want him out of harm's way, so I'd recommand packing him full of protective items, put him on a wolf, and have him jump from units to units to lend his Ld where needed, and leave any unit taht is obviously going to end up fighting.
It works mighty fine for me, at least.
40 gobs per unit is probably too much, too. 30 has always proved enough, and if a unit of 30 breaks down, it's because of such punishment that having 10 more gobs wouldn't have saved it anyway.
Your shamans are exactly what I take :)
Also, I'd try and make the troll unit river trolls, four strong. That's one tough nut to crack, -1 to hit + regen, and 4 vomit attacks, I put them in front of heavy cavalry units and beckon at them, usually, the 4 remains, and I down at least two knights. My opponents have learned to fear the buggers.
Also, I do rather fine with a big boss (I play mostly 1000 points battles) for their stupidity check, so don't worry too much about it, they should be fine.
For the rest, it's a matter of taste really, for instance, fanatics have more or less disappeared from my lists, but I can't say if I'm right or wrong, they just don't work for me.
It's just a shame you have no wolf riders, the M9 is really a godsent for gobs, it really disrupts the enemy lines.