PDA

View Full Version : stompa launched deffkoptas?!

RTB01
01-03-2009, 10:08
New WD (UK) Battlereport shows a stompa that launches deffkoptas - any ideas where the datasheet for this lives as I'm unable to find it in main book or reload?

many thanks

Lord Damocles
01-03-2009, 10:13
It's not on the website (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?community=&catId=cat1300034&categoryId=900006&aId=3400020), so unless it's in IA: Apoc (which I'm pretty sure it's not), you'll just have to make up rules yourself.

Rick Blaine
01-03-2009, 10:20
There's a scan of it on BOLS. It's way underpowered.

Reaver83
01-03-2009, 10:20
ask and ye shall recieve...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4nzgPbHlNo4/SaVh8ixGIzI/AAAAAAAAEPY/qEJkzKEybpA/s1600-h/stompa-new-apoc-10.jpg

Deus
01-03-2009, 12:45
That thing is crazy, but considering its points and actual weapons its not the best super heavy out there.

IncrediSteve
02-03-2009, 19:35
Actually, isn't this pointless, since Super-Heavies can Transport Bikes anyway per the back of the apocalypse book?

A normal Stompa Can transport 6 Deff Koptas [they count as 3 slots each], so what's with this special one that can only do 3? It's also too expensive.

Whitehorn
02-03-2009, 19:44
so what's with this special one that can only do 3? It's also too expensive.

Try reading the rules for it?

IncrediSteve
02-03-2009, 20:29
Try reading the rules for it?

I did, hence my statement, it's nothing special and not worth the points. I'd rather have 6 defkoptas that all get to launch at once or as I want, rather than just one at a time for the sake of re-rolling supa rokkits [which is a pretty lame bonus].

Now if it had a lots of Supa Rokkits, say 12 or so, and the Deffkopta spottas let you fire D3 at a target that was out of LoS, then *that* would be something neat. But as it stands, you're just taking a Stompa, cutting the transport capacity in half and then further restricting it to one kopta per turn, taking off the Titan close combat weapon, and making one of the supa rokkits S10. Not really worth it.

starlight
02-03-2009, 20:46
If all the rules made sense :rolleyes: I might consider it, but I'm still trying to figure them out...:(

Buttlerthepug
03-03-2009, 00:00
I totally agree with IncrediSteve... its really a dumb data sheet. then again it mite just be a prototype? it didnt look too official? thats just my opinion. of coarse if it got better i mite consider it. but it seems lame atm

Hokiecow
03-03-2009, 01:50
Where did the datasheet 1st appear, WD?

Never mind, it was in the store....
I wish they would consolidate the data sheets into a book for those that missed out..

Madgear Thundaklutch
03-03-2009, 03:48
Instead of whining, why not use these rules as a template to create your own......

@hokie, i thought they planned on releasing another apoc book

Buttlerthepug
03-03-2009, 06:40
hmmmm i normally would do just that in making my own datasheet. ive made way to many. i very much enjoy making data sheets / rules that look official gw stuff. hell, im working on a VERY realistic looking Chaos Ork Codex for 40k

shabbadoo
03-03-2009, 10:44
Correct me if I'm wrong, but super heavies can transport bikes, but not JET bikes. Deffkoptas are of course JET bikes, so if the designation is BIKES, then super heavies cannot transport Deffkoptas at all. If that is so, this Stompa does have some sort of purpose(even if it is not very useful).

grissom2006
03-03-2009, 12:21
if they do a data sheet for it it won't come out until the product has come out so start searching for it after the 7th march

Killgore
03-03-2009, 12:25
I consider it as one of those 'fun' datasheets

not to be taken seriously with no high expectations

so lighten up you lot

bosstroll
03-03-2009, 12:28
This seems more like someone having a stompa in one hand and a deffkopta in the other and thought:"hmm, i could stick these together and make something cool", then anything else.

Remember: Apocalypse is meant to be about cool battles with your mates, not about winning at all cost. Taking the wacky **** makes these games better.
(yes, i am aware some people don't like wacky, but its not mandatory, so don't whine)

grissom2006
03-03-2009, 12:30
Chapter Master

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct me if I'm wrong, but super heavies can transport bikes, but not JET bikes. Deffkoptas are of course JET bikes, so if the designation is BIKES, then super heavies cannot transport Deffkoptas at all. If that is so, this Stompa does have some sort of purpose(even if it is not very useful).
depends on the super heavy it self after all try telling the tau the manta can't carry the tetra and piranha's inside them when quite clear they could it's about how many spaces a thing takes up after terminators and ogryns both displace 2 human sized troops. there absolutely nothing that states you can't put bikes, jetbike and even tanks inside a super heavy you just have to come up with the rules and points for it yourself. after all thats why they put up the blank data sheet so people could come up with the own stuff to make the games even more fun in apocolypse

Hokiecow
03-03-2009, 18:13
@hokie, i thought they planned on releasing another apoc book

I had not heard that, it would be great if they did and actually update the rules and datasheets to 5th edition.

Sorry for the rant.