Core:

16 Skellies with bows, light armour, Full Command: 169
16 Skellies with bows, light armour, Full Command: 169
5 Tomb Swarms: 225:

Total: 1042

Ideas on how to expand?

EldarWonderland
01-03-2009, 13:56
I love the Swarms so I wouldn't get rid of any of them.

Replace 3 Jars with a combination of some of the following

Dispel Scrolls
Cloak of the Dunes
Staff of Ravening

Get

Screaming Skull Catapult for long range hittiness and possible panic tests
Tomb Scorpion for serious combat against opposing war machines.
3 Chariots, SB + Eye or Mirage banner for impact on flanks and gives them something to think about

That gets you to approx 1500.

Don't get Icon Bearer or Heavy Cavalry. Only get Light cavalry if one of your priests is mounted then you have somewhere to hide him.

You will need something to put the Prince in. Either a chariot to go with the other 3 or a unit of skellie warriors/tomb guard otherwise you have a killy thing all on his own. Not good as he will be singled out.

GeneralDisaster
01-03-2009, 14:01
Dispels scrolls aren't much use, because I play against a prat of a High Elves player (try erase INCANTATIONS, sucka!) and Dwarves.

Thoughts on Tomb Guard? I put my priests with the skellies.

Von Wibble
01-03-2009, 14:10
You do know that hieratic jars are magic items not equipment, right? 0-1 per army.

Tomb swarms - why so many? they still can't beat most things and 2 swarms will do as good a holding role for less. You also get a tomb scorpion with the change (or 1 dead dwarf war machine!)

To expand to 1500 I agree with eldarwonderland.

Tomb guard - a good unit although compared to mmany current elite units slightly underpowered. T4 and Ws3 make things much harder for the opponent giving a good holdnig block, which I find combine with ushabti/chariots well. However, such a combination is quite pricy so best saved for larger games. They are a risk below 2000pts.

Mooglemen
01-03-2009, 17:00
You've got your core and characters, now it's time to get the fun stuff! For specials, you can't go wrong with a pair of Scorpions. They are so killy it's almost not funny. Fill out the other choices to your personal taste.
As for Rares, there is really only one way to go in my mind. A Skull catapult (w/ SoF) and a casket for a priest. The casket's effect is so profound that I feel it does it's job even if it never goes off. The catapult placed nearby gives you protection on one flank for the casket and something for the priest to cast on each turn. I could go on and on about the tactical uses of the casket, but I'm sure a quick search should find you a thread somewhere discussing it at length.
Good luck expanding your army.