PDA

View Full Version : FW Hierophant play questions

mecra
01-03-2009, 20:55
Hey all. I'm considering either converting or buying a FW Hierophant for some Apoc games but I had some questions on how you play it.

First, how do you do melee? As in what's in range or when it's in range. Since the model has such large spanned out legs, how do you determine when enemy units are in range. Also, when they are, how do they resolve countercharge actions? Basically, what's the "base" for melee?

Second, how do you handle LOS to the Hierophant? Do you include the legs as viable targets? Do people prioritize legs to add range since they are a little further out than the main body?

Any tips for playing such a monster? Thanks in advance!

Angelwing
01-03-2009, 21:33
The 'base' is a straight line between the legs, giving you a rough square.
Legs count for line of sight.

blackcherry
01-03-2009, 21:40
If I remember from its rules, the base is from its legs like Angelwing stated.

As for LOS and firing at it/measuring range for firing its guns, remember the following. If you can see it, you can shoot it as its so big. For shooting it, measure to the legs. As for shooting for the creature itself, I think you measure from the end of the guns.

mecra
01-03-2009, 21:54
Thanks guys! I just wanted clarification from what I've read and such. I wanted to make sure I knew the score before considering such an investment. Much more helpful than the stuff I got from the other forums I posted in.

Thanks again.

Demonrich
01-03-2009, 23:59
I made a base for mine. It is a series of interlocking circles. It makes it much easier to use in games and doesn't take much space compared to a large circle :)

You can see by have a quick look at my project log. It's in there on page one or two.