PDA

View Full Version : Banshee scream question

innerwolf
01-03-2009, 20:11
To make it simple: can a Banshee scream after failing a charge?
In the BRB it says you can't use missile weapons, but what about the other shooting attacks?
Before anyone says Banshee Scream is not a shooting attack, the last BRB FAQ told any attack made on the shooting phase counts as missiles.

So, what do you think?

Bodysnatcher
01-03-2009, 20:58
I let my opponent do this at the fantasy UKGT. However that was before the new FAQ.
In my opinion it should be let go - love the image of a banshee screaming as it charges in.

Can a banshee scream in combat?

theunwantedbeing
01-03-2009, 21:12
Banshee is specifically allowed to scream in combat.
However after failing a charge, no they may not as it counts as a missle weapon as per the new FAQ.

Not sure of many things that are specifically allowed to shoot after failing a charge to be honest.

EvC
01-03-2009, 21:23
Where does the new FAQ say that all shooting attacks can be considered as being missile weapons?

theunwantedbeing
01-03-2009, 21:37
Final page, second question.

We assume that the word 'missiles' includes all attacks made in the Shooting phase as well as spells that are labelled 'magic missiles'

EvC
01-03-2009, 23:34
That doesn't say they're missile weapons. It says shooting attacks are missiles. Weaponry doesn't come into the equation anywhere there...

Neckutter
02-03-2009, 05:11
the scream isnt a missle weapon. she can scream. it is a shooting attack.

innerwolf
02-03-2009, 13:05
So you can also Strangleroot, shoot Breath attacks, Roar( see Chaos gifts) etc. when failing a charge as they are missiles but not missile weapons?

Bodysnatcher
02-03-2009, 17:35
Can any of those be done in combat?

I'd certainly houserule you can scream after failing a charge (come on, it looks so cool - a scream of frustration at failing to reach fresh life). As for a hard and fast definition - wait for an FAQ or decide before the game starts with your opponent.

innerwolf
02-03-2009, 17:39
Can any of those be done in combat?

I'd certainly houserule you can scream after failing a charge (come on, it looks so cool - a scream of frustration at failing to reach fresh life). As for a hard and fast definition - wait for an FAQ or decide before the game starts with your opponent.

My brain-fried units think otherwise XD

Neckutter
03-03-2009, 00:36
So you can also Strangleroot, shoot Breath attacks, Roar( see Chaos gifts) etc. when failing a charge as they are missiles but not missile weapons?

yes. although im not too sure about breath weapons. i know you can march and use a breath weapon, but breath weapons might have a caveat saying they cant be used after a charge. however, if they dont, then yes, they can be used after you fail a charge.

ashaman76
03-03-2009, 02:48
I think it would look even cooler when my Treeman stranglerooted your banshee after failing to charge her. But then, that's all in what side of the table your on.

Necromancy Black
03-03-2009, 04:51
Anyone who wants to do this against me will be facing march and shoot Salamanders. We'll see which are worse :p