PDA

View Full Version : [WotR] Weapon Equipping Question

blkdymnd
02-03-2009, 02:44
If I have Haradrim Raiders, and I upgrade them the 5 points to have bows, do they keep their lances or do the bows completely replace the lances? Today we played it that it replaced the lances, but it doesn't seem right that mere bows would be more points than really good lances. Especially when the raiders only get 3 shots from bows in a single company.

Znail
02-03-2009, 02:55
If you look at the quick start rules so are there several units listed with multiple weapons so I think that you get to keep any weapons unless it explicitly says that you dont for that unit.

Mouldsta
02-03-2009, 16:16
Unless it says "may REPLACE lances with bows" then you get to have both.

Xarius
02-03-2009, 23:13
interesting thought, you get shots equal to attacks to warg riders get two per guys making them a very interesting choice

blkdymnd
03-03-2009, 00:42
interesting thought, you get shots equal to attacks to warg riders get two per guys making them a very interesting choice

Cav is 2 per company, not 2 per guy though right? Would make Warg Riders 2 shots per company like most cav I believe. That was the problem I was having with my Harad Raiders. 2 shots per company, 3 with the accuracy bonus was doing nothing.

[Provehito in Altum]
03-03-2009, 08:30
Quoting from the book:
"The entire formation may be given bows at +5 points per company"

So the formation will have lances, handweapons, armor, and bows.

And yes, 2 shots per company base plus any accuracy bonus.

Marauder
03-03-2009, 16:08
;3342369']
And yes, 2 shots per company base plus any accuracy bonus.

Are you sure about that? I obviously don't have a book to look that up, but I thought the number of shots was the same as the number of attacks? That way it would be 8 shots per infantry company and 4 shots per cav company.

VerifiablySane
03-03-2009, 17:46
Are you sure about that? I obviously don't have a book to look that up, but I thought the number of shots was the same as the number of attacks? That way it would be 8 shots per infantry company and 4 shots per cav company.

Attacks for a cavalry base are 2. So you're right on the principle; you've just got the number wrong!

Marauder
03-03-2009, 18:28
Ah, yes, I see now. Thanks for pointing that out! :D

Dang the Elven Calvary is nasty! They have 4 attacks per company (this is probably where I got confused).