PDA

View Full Version : Character/Cav Question

ashaman76
02-03-2009, 03:13
I know it's probably been brought up before but can someone please tell me if a mounted character counts as cavalry for the purposes of spells/items and whatnot? ...example: Saurus Scar Vet on cold one within 12" of Horn of Kygor....is he stubborn?

xragg
02-03-2009, 03:56
yes. for a short, quick answer.

Neckutter
02-03-2009, 05:15
a cavalry mount is a creature that has 1 wound. also the BRB describes cavalry as being dire wolves and things like that. cavalry models are typically on 25mmx50mm models, but this isnt always the case. there is also flying cavalry

EldarBishop
02-03-2009, 11:36
a cavalry mount is a creature that has 1 wound. also the BRB describes cavalry as being dire wolves and things like that. cavalry models are typically on 25mmx50mm models, but this isnt always the case. there is also flying cavalry

They generally have 1 wound and a US of 2... whether they have riders or not (Dire Wolves, Chaos Warhounds, etc are also cavalry).

Flying cavalry (Pegasus Knights being the only example I'm aware of) have 2 wounds each though.

nosferatu1001
02-03-2009, 12:11
Terradon riders are now flying cavalry.

Yeah - if you're thinking horn of kygor i guess you're thinking Slaan BSB, templeguard and 3 saurus blocks with a stubborn Cold One Scar vet?

Necromancy Black
02-03-2009, 12:13
Flying cavalry (Pegasus Knights being the only example I'm aware of) have 2 wounds each though.

How could you forget the new Lizardmen Terradons? :p

I wanna try that multiple stubborn block lists...yet I can not for the life of me remember a single stupidity test each turn, let alone 3 or more :(

EldarBishop
02-03-2009, 20:12
because... neither I nor any of my close friends play LM...

ashaman76
03-03-2009, 02:33
Here's my problem with this tactic:
In BRB there is a section defining unit types. In this section there appears the Character unit type and the Cavalry unit type. Under the character unit description it says that characters can act as infantry and as cavalry, but it never says they can be classified as such. Then in FAQ pt. 2 the question arose about whether or not monstrous characters (Treeman Ancient, Bloodthirster, etc..) could be affected by spells that effect monsters. The answer given stated that Monstrous Characters may move like monsters and act similar to monsters but for those purposes they are not monsters, they are characters.

So, am I just being a convoluted twerp or does it not seem that mounted characters cannot be counted as cavalry for purposes of spells,items, etc..?:wtf:

Help a brother make some sense of this....please.

Necromancy Black
03-03-2009, 04:50
There is no sense to be made, that FAQ was complete and utter ********

I'm pretty sure that exact same FAW states that you can cast Beast's Cowers onto a unit of Black Guard Knights (?) if they have a mounted vampire with them (normally the knights mounts are etheral and can't be affected by beasts cowers, but the vampires mount isn't etheral)

So that's two different train of thoughts. Do it this way: if it's a single part model it's jsut a character, if it's multipart (like all calvary and chariots) then it counts as normal (so calvary, mounstorous mount, etc)