PDA

View Full Version : Tyranid pics

Wez
02-05-2005, 21:19
Apologies if this has been posted before (if it has, a quick wasting is in order;)).

Anyway, came across this while googling for a some nid colour schemes.

http://gallery.warpshadow.com/Conflict_TO_05?page=1

Go back and forth through some of the different galleries to find more pics.:) They're a bit scattered.

-Wez

Faust
02-05-2005, 21:26
Nice job Wez, must say that I like the color job much better than the albino Nids.
Faust

Brimstone
02-05-2005, 21:28
Any Tyranid player worth their salt should already know about Warpshadow ;)

Machinepriest
02-05-2005, 21:41
Yesssss... Excellent!
The new nids looks SO much better in that scheme.
Am I the only one who's planning to elongate the Zoanthropes tail and remove that silly nid-stick he's balanzing on? I like my 'thropes tall like the 3rd (or 2nd?) edition models.

sigur
02-05-2005, 22:26
*sigh* yes, those are earthy and all in all "brown" again. The world needs contrasts people!!

Shining_Spear
02-05-2005, 22:40
The world needs contrasts people!!

YES! Hooray Hive Fleet Albino!

Seriously, I don't like the drab colors but the pics are quite good. Big and all.

I definitely like normal lictors more than the limited ones.

sigur
02-05-2005, 22:59
Could it be that GW sometimes makes 2 moulds, then chooses the better one and the other one becomes a "limited" miniature (to be seen in the "classics" archive 2 months later)?

Creamy Goodness
02-05-2005, 23:50
Hot damn! Somebody at marketing needs to be fired for the choice of using albino nids to promote the new line. So much better.

Hellebore
03-05-2005, 00:37
I like albino nids. I don't know why so many people dislike them- the dakr purple/black carapace produces so much contrast and the pale pinky flesh shows up really well.

But then I don't mind any of the colour schemes used on the nids, even that rediculous turquoise and red of Behemoth (very stealthy that).

hellebore

Getz
03-05-2005, 01:04
Well, it's handy for me.

This is pretty much exactly the colour scheme of my housemate's Tyranids, so he knows precisely what they should look when he finishes them.

anarchistica
03-05-2005, 01:08
Wow with this awesome paint job the Chimnids almost look cool.

Almost. ;)

And seriously, the person who cut off some claws from a Slaaneshi Daemon and figured they made awesome Rending Claws for a Carnifex should be shot.

Creamy Goodness
03-05-2005, 20:02
I like albino nids. I don't know why so many people dislike them- the dakr purple/black carapace produces so much contrast and the pale pinky flesh shows up really well.

But then I don't mind any of the colour schemes used on the nids, even that rediculous turquoise and red of Behemoth (very stealthy that).

hellebore

For the record, Behemoth is the only colour scheme that makes Hive Fleet Albino look halfway decent. :cool:

boogle
03-05-2005, 20:21
the broodlord still doesn't look any better though, i think that the mowhawk shouldn't have made an appearance on that model at all, the steal using its mouth to climb looks interesting though, the positioning of the Fex's crushing claws could have been better mind

Bmaxwell
03-05-2005, 20:27
i like to see a black and white color scheme with the shells as white and the rest black but this isn't bad either thanks for the pics!

Gabekun
03-05-2005, 20:43
Wow with this awesome paint job the Chimnids almost look cool.

Almost. ;)

And seriously, the person who cut off some claws from a Slaaneshi Daemon and figured they made awesome Rending Claws for a Carnifex should be shot.

Eh? Are you referring to the crab claws? AKA Crushing Claws? Those aren't from a Deamonette, nor are they supposed to be rending claws :) They're Crushing Claws (from what I understand, same stats as what they were on OOE - replaces you base attacks with D6 attacks)

anarchistica
04-05-2005, 01:21
Eh? Are you referring to the crab claws? AKA Crushing Claws? Those aren't from a Deamonette, nor are they supposed to be rending claws :) They're Crushing Claws (from what I understand, same stats as what they were on OOE - replaces you base attacks with D6 attacks)
That was sarcasm, as everyone hated those and loved their 6th edition replacement.

And who cares, you'll want him to have talons anyway, if only because they're 10 times cooler. :p

oatish
04-05-2005, 04:48
Finally some solid pics of the new 'nids! All I have seen is the GW released ones (eww... purple and white?) and a few blurryu shot on the net. The turquoise is definately sweet on the Tyranids.

oatish

Gannon
04-05-2005, 04:54
Yeah I like the new ones. Very very nice. The new nid's are turning out a helluva lot better than the last batch. Smiling Carnifexs' and Tyrants. Huh.

Zabuza
06-05-2005, 01:37
Great. NowI'll have to start 'Nids again.

Great pics BTW

Zabuza

EffCee
06-05-2005, 02:05
Dammit! Another frickin army I am going to have to collect. I am really impressed by the minis, especially the Fex and the Tyrant. They'll have to wait until I have a decent sized Woodie armie though. :D

Negafex
06-05-2005, 02:46
hey if you have the crushing claws and they replace your base attacks with d6 attacks then how would that work with guns? hehehe barbed strangler with up to 6 shots, or one set of twin linked devourers? that could be if you are really lucky up to 12 shots. or is all this thrown out the window when we suddenly find out that if you take crushing claws you can then only take scything talons although the oner pic did have a fex with claws and devourers

Dreachon
06-05-2005, 10:15
For shooting you use the base 2 attacks of the fex even if you have crushing claws