PDA

View Full Version : New tau codex

Lexx
09-12-2005, 05:17
I've been told a new tau codex in on the way, not a rumor but for certain, and likely in march or so.

I was also told they're going to add options to the devilfish, letting it take SMS instead of those damn gun drones.

Well, at last some good news from GW! Anyone else have any news on the new tau codex?

starlight
09-12-2005, 05:27
Check the rumour/news forum, it's all in there.:D With pictures.:D

Lexx
09-12-2005, 05:38
Check the rumour/news forum, it's all in there.:D With pictures.:D

Yeah, I see now. I've been away from 40k for a while, thinking of dropping it, but a new tau codex......

starlight
09-12-2005, 07:03
...instead of a new Ork codex....but don't mind me with my 5-6 year old first printing Ork Codex without the weapon summary:rolleyes: and another year and a half until it's revised, just in time for 5th Ed.:rolleyes:

winggundamz
09-12-2005, 14:01
it comes out in spring thats all i heard

TK421
09-12-2005, 14:43
...instead of a new Ork codex....but don't mind me with my 5-6 year old first printing Ork Codex without the weapon summary:rolleyes: and another year and a half until it's revised, just in time for 5th Ed.:rolleyes:

You and me both brother.

I'm not bitter though, not at all. :rolleyes:

erion
09-12-2005, 15:44
So you ork players would rather have yet another rushed, incomplete codex with crap models than the one they're already working on to be releasd in '07?

yeah, GW really is unfair to you guys.

TK421
09-12-2005, 15:49
When was the last Ork Codex released? 98?

What new Ork stuff has been released since then? Speed Freeks mini list.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Icewalker
09-12-2005, 16:26
When was the last Ork Codex released? 98?

What new Ork stuff has been released since then? Speed Freeks mini list.

Yeah, that's what I thought.
that and an updated Feral Orks list. You guys don't get any respect: it's terrible. I would like to pick up Feral Orks (SQUIGGOTHS RULE!!!!!!).

Strikerkc
09-12-2005, 16:41

Man, why can't people wrap their heads around the logic used with codex releases.

The reason the Tau codex got done before orks and eldar armies is becuase it didn't require and absolute overhaul, it only needed a few characterfull tweaks and a new boxed set. If a company has the choice of focusing all their energy on one big codex and getting it done in 9 months, or to work on a smaller project along with the big codex (a smaller project that will get them just as much proffit as the large project) and get them both done in 12 months, they're darn well going to do it, and so would you if you had to make the choice of what to do with your company. It's a small step they could take to greatly increase interest in the hobby and spark more sales.

Sorry, I just get so fed up at people who seem to think GW should forget about logical buisness stratagies in order to get them their precious codex a month or two quicker...:eyebrows:

So yes Lexx, there is indeed a new Tau codex, all the info you mentioned is indeed true. brows about the rumors forum and you'll find all sorts of goodies.

FireN.Brimstone
09-12-2005, 16:51
Look, past transgression done to the orks aside, as it stands now GW can't do the Orks justice till '07. Creating the Tau, or the Black Templar really isn't delaying the Orks any as they need a major overhaul (a fact I'm sure we can both agree on) and both of those dexs are quick fixes designed so that GW can put out a product constantly so they have a constant money flow (because whether the general community likes it or not they're still a business). If you want to point figures at a dex that is causing the Ork codex to be delayed start pointing your figures at the Eldar who are similarly getting an overhaul and thus draining far more resources from the Orks. Of coarse most Ork players wont do that because attacking the Eldar is far less popular.

winggundamz
09-12-2005, 17:37
yes he is true about that the eldar and the orks are in need of a major over hual
they are old and out of date my freind that knows a gw employ says this " when we where thinkg of what army that should be up dated first we thought of the tau becuse its been aspected for a long while and it would be the easiest to update"
plz note thought that this information may be from a nonformal host meaning that they might not have been a gw employ because my cuasion sometimes tell some wopers of stories!

Anvils Hammer
09-12-2005, 18:44
there is a new tau codex, ive held it in my hands. its very very cool.

winggundamz
09-12-2005, 19:43
That sounds sweet and also very outstanding job on the Venice 40k anvils hammer its so kool.