PDA

View Full Version : 2250 pts Dark Elves, Now with Extra Scales!

lasergreger
02-03-2009, 19:32
Hi all!

I'm thinking of picking up Dark Elves for an upcomming campaign that me and my friends will set up.
So the competition level will be much lower then the fun factor :)

Now then, for starters I love both the fluff behind, and the models of the corsairs.
So I want to use alot of them, besides I really HATE the current warrior models and feel about
thesame for metal figures ;) Also I ofcourse love the Cold One Knights and the War Hydras!

So this is what I'v come up with. The Dreadlord will go in the CoK-unit with the champ. in it.
The mounted Master with the other CoK-unit. The BsB will go, together with the sorceress in the
big Corsair unit.

And finaly the Assassin will either go with a unit of shades or a small corsair unit.
(And just as a note, I will build the shades out of corsair-models.)

So, all constructive comments are very, very welcome!

Characters:

Dreadlord - Cold One, Lance, H. Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Pendant of Khaeleth

Master - Cold One, Lance, H. Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Ring of Hotek

Master - BSB, H. Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Banner of Hag Graef

Sorceress - Dispel Scroll x 2

Assassin - X. Hand Weapon, Rune of Khaine

Core:

Corsairs x 22 - X. Hand Weapon, Musician, Champ (2x Hand XBows), Std. Bearer

Corsairs x 14 - X. Hand Weapon, Musician

Special:

Cold One Knights x 5 - Musician, Std. Bearer, War Banner

Cold One Knights x 5 - Musician, Std. Bearer, Champ.

Shades x 6 - Great Weapon

Rare:

War Hydra x 1

War Hydra x 1

Thargur
02-03-2009, 19:58
Characters:

Dreadlord - Cold One, Lance, H. Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Pendant of Khaeleth

This dude is okay I guess - adding ld 10...

Master - Cold One, Lance, H. Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Ring of Hotek

This one could be replaced by a CoK champ with Ring of Hotek - quite a few points to pay for that 1 extra attack

Master - BSB, H. Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Banner of Hag Graef

Corsairs only hit with 2 str3 attacks each - even with the ASF they won't be winning vs anything but lesser units - I'd consider swapping this for a CoB BSB - making the CoK charges alot more effective

Sorceress - Dispel Scroll x 2

Fine

If you deploy him with the shades I'd take Manbane + Rending Stars... 3 2+, 2+ shooting attacks, autodestroying t5 chariots

Core:

Corsairs x 22 - X. Hand Weapon, Musician, Champ (2x Hand XBows), Std. Bearer

Not bad I guess but they won't win anything head on

7x2 or what?... I'd try to fit in some DR's and harpies instead

Special:

Cold One Knights x 5 - Musician, Std. Bearer, War Banner

Again the champ with Ring could replace your master just add 1 to their numbers aswell

Cold One Knights x 5 - Musician, Std. Bearer, Champ.

Perhaps go with Standard of Hag Graef - with your dreadlord in the unit it's quite a pointsink and a single failed stupidity test could hurt

Great :)

Rare:

War Hydra x 1

War Hydra x 1

Two War Hydra's are mean, but to some it's an unfriendly choice - perhaps swap one with 2 RBT's (getting the last 25 points from the changes)

I hope this helped :)

/Thargur

Cousteau
03-03-2009, 16:52
Agree with above, but more generally:

-A lot of Heroes, not a lot of core.
-Almost no shooting.
-Could use a fast, light element, such as dark riders or perhaps harpies. Consider trading out the main block of corsairs for a block of spearmen?

koningswulf
03-03-2009, 20:08
I think it all in all a good army but your infantry unit lack some punch and I think 2 cold one units one to much.
I ll suggest some changes:

Use your BSB in the Cold one unit to get him a +1 AC
Use the Banner Hydra banner on the BsB
Use the Banner of Hag Graef on the Cold One Standard bearer
it gives both riders and Mounts +1A each and always attack first!!!
Very good combo if you ask me.
Have 6 cold Ones with full command

Take just 2 Corsair units and get 1 Dark Rider unit to get 3 core
Also add 1 more shade unit,
This together with your Dark Rider gets you some much valuable shooting, Skip the Great weapon for the shades just use them for shooting.
Or have only 1 shade with great weapon if you want use assassin in them.

Make the Lord, The master in the 2 corsair unit to give them valuable punch.
You could also use Lord in 1 corsair unit and 1 Master in the other while having the assassin in one of the shade units or have the assassin protect either the lord or the master. The Lord doesnt really need more proterction tho :-)
If you want the assassin with the shades then I would use rending stars, Rune of Khaine and Hand of Khaine on the assassin and get great weapon for 1 shade units with 3 more models.

Dreadlord -Hv of eternal servitude, sea dragon cloak, pendant
and Crimson Death.
Gives your General a 4+Ac, Regeneration and a Str based ward save
and a 6str attack attacking on Ini

Master BSB- Cold one, Lance, Hv armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak.
Banner of Hydra.

Master - Great weapon Armour of Darkness gives 1+AC, Ring of Hotek

Sorceress lv1 - Dispel Scroll x 2

Core:

Corsairs x 20 - X. Hand Weapon, Full command

Corsairs x 20 - X. Hand Weapon, Full Command

Dark Riders x 5 With Rep CrossBow

Special:

Cold One Knights x 6 - Full Command

Shades x 5

Shades x 5

Shades x 5

Rare:

War Hydra x 1

War Hydra x 1

I havent counted on the point but if you have point over get some more bulk in corsair unit or add a hydra unit always valuable.
Hope this helps

Thargur
03-03-2009, 20:27
Still 2 hydra's wouldn't be a very popular choice.

The Dreadlord is way to expensive for his 4 str6 attacks imo - the only time a drealord on foot is worth it is with Executioner's Axe in a BG unit equipped with Standard of Hag Graef...

This setup is a very good one, but on foot it's not really put to use - the only thing he does is preventing any single characters frontcharging the unit which they'd never do anyways...

The 2nd Master could be shaved away aswell (just put the Ring on the CoK champ) and now you could actually buy yourself a solid magic phase...

The CoK unit setup like this is very common - it's either that or the BG one with asf now ... more and more leaning towards the CoK one...

Shades in a low magicdefence army are very fragile - both because they die horribly to MM's but also because they're normally outside the safety of the Ring (especially if u put it on a guy on foot)

And again - harpies are your friend... 55pts pr unit is a bargain for what they can do!

Good luck,
/Thargur

koningswulf
03-03-2009, 21:49
yeah thats why I put my Dreadlord on a dragon :-)

I tend to miss all those stupidity tests all the time so skipped them but them cold ones sure are a nasty bunch

And I am considering putting in a harpy unit as well in my army.
They do have lot of uses for just 55 pts I agree