PDA

View Full Version : Which store will get lurtz?

kairous
02-03-2009, 21:27
Popped into my local GW today during a teabreak and was chatting to the staff about war of the ring, as it was out on the table, as well as a board with a a sizeable amount of LOTR stuff on it.;)

Anyway, he told me that the store which sells the most copies of war of ring, or WotR releases on the release day, will be getting the Lurtz from WW for their store.

Just wandered if anyone else has heard this.

Autobot HQ
02-03-2009, 21:32
Lurtz is currently in transit to the Middlesborough store, found out today.

alexh
02-03-2009, 21:36
How cool is that!!! That's my local store.

kairous
02-03-2009, 21:39
Lurtz is currently in transit to the Middlesborough store, found out today.

Looks like its true about what they say "taking things with a pinch of salt", but, in GW's case we pretty much already knew that ;)

Lunar
02-03-2009, 21:42
What's so special about this Lurtz model? Does anyone have a picture of it?

kairous
02-03-2009, 21:45
What's so special about this Lurtz model? Does anyone have a picture of it?

From what i hear its HUGE, but, no unfortuantly i don't have a picture, sorry. (not been to WW yet:()

Joewrightgm
02-03-2009, 23:11
When you guys say WW do you mean Weta or Warhammer world, and is it a new model of Lurtz?

W0lf
02-03-2009, 23:12
isnt that just the lifesize model of lurtz.

Not a metal model unfortunatly.

Autobot HQ
03-03-2009, 09:00
Yeah, it's the lifesize model of Lurtz, not a new model.

Middlesborough is getting him but I haven't heard anything about this "Sales Prize" but as the book isn't out yet, there's a chance he could be moved on once the WOTR comes out.

Doubtful though as I can't see why they'd believe Middlesborough was the best place to promote WOTR lol.

alexh
03-03-2009, 09:20
Doubtful though as I can't see why they'd believe Middlesborough was the best place to promote WOTR lol.

What's wrong with MiddlesBROUGH? (note correct spelling :D) There are loads of gamers here currently building armies ready for the release.

Boss Zagstruk
03-03-2009, 11:20
Go BORO! Whens it arriving?? Ill have to pop in and see it. There is nothing wrong with Middlesbrough! Glad to know theres someone else on warseer who will defend middlesbrough.

brain_dead_1st
03-03-2009, 13:21
Lurtz is a caste of the actor who played him, dressed in the clothes he worse and painted well cool!!
It stands at over 6ft tall and has been at lenton for ages. I have a pic somewhere of my lil bro when he was 11 stood next to this model. Awesome!

thorgrim
03-03-2009, 17:12
Boro is a fantastic place to promote WotR. Its the only store i've been to in the last couple of years that doesn't see the LotR players as lesser gamers.

Setha
03-03-2009, 19:57
even if my local store won, we wouldnt have anywhere to put it !

Autobot HQ
03-03-2009, 22:13
Simple Economics says you put it where you'll garner the most attention, and whilst yes Boro is a nice enough store, it's not atall the largest, most successful or the busiest. That was all I meant. Geeze louise, next time I just won't let y'all know anything at all lol.

Titan Wolfe
05-03-2009, 09:31
Lurtz the magnificent stands tall in the Middlesbrough store ,proud to be in the northern wastes ,building a huge strong army before heading back south .......he likes it here and so do WE!!!
Sour grapes ? I think so.We got him you haven't .......HA HA HA HA !
Do feel free to visit Middlesbrough at any time we would love to have you .As the main course of our Sunday DInner .;D
Oh yes and well said thorgrim !!

LordKhaine
05-03-2009, 23:47
you lot got it, another boro lad here, lurtz is here

its a cast of the actor who is over 6ft and painted by the same artists who painted him in the film, and armour he wears is the same weta product that he wears in the film, and it has reminents of the durt from where it was recorded in new zealand on it, as when it was shipped to the UK they boxed it with some of the earth their, it stands proud in the boro store, even if a little scary, and we aint giving it back! lol