PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Vampire Counts

Deus Mechanicus
02-03-2009, 22:26
This is mainly used for tournaments, it's comped by a comp system and this list scored just above what's allowed so it's a fairly nice list.

Vampire Lord 650 pts
- Zombie Dragon
- Level 3
- Flayed Hauberk
- Lord of the Dead
- Master of the Black Arts
- Dark Acolyte

Vampire 170 pts
- Lord of the Dead
- Dark Acolyte
- Sceptre de Noirot

Vampire 145 pts
- Lord of the Dead
- Dark Acolyte

20x Grave Guard 290 pts
- Full Command
- Great Weapons

3x Fell Bats 60 pts

19x Skeleton Warriors 172 pts
- Full Command

- Full Command

20x Skeleton Warriors 180 pts
- Full Command

5x Dire Wolves 40 pts

5x Dire Wolves 40 pts

5x Blood Knights 325 pts
- Full Command

2244 pts

The hard hitting units are the Vamp Lord, Blood Knights and the Grave Guards. Supported by the skeletons (one vamp hides in each of the 19 man units). The fell bats will hunt war machines other than that the main focus is to raise zombies to tarpit and so on. Watcha think?

Thargur
02-03-2009, 23:10
Your Lord first:
I'd change his setup a bit...

First off - being mounted on a Dragon you'll enhance their combatability quite alot by taking Infinite Hatred (as it'll make both your vamp and mount reroll first combatphase and your vamp the rest)

Secondly - I'd suggest Writhbands of Black Gold to protects your vamp (just think about turn 1 way watchers or something ... would equal lost game)...

Thirdly - Assassins and HE's got a fair chance of taking down your vamp aswell in melee, so I suggest Nightshroud, which will negate the asf targetting the vamp (which means you'll get your dragons and your vamps hatred filled attacks before they get to strike)

For a more succesfull attack charge I'd take The Balefire Spike - Lance, magic and flaming attacks which comes very very cheap...

All in all 25 Bloodline points and 60 Magic item points spend for a harder hitting and far safer vamp... You can decide what you wanna do with the rest yourself then ... (f.ex. Book of Arkhan, Master of the Black Arts and Lord of the Dead if you want it a bit casty - or Red Fury, Walking death and Book of Arkhan for the combat approach)

... Just a suggestion - he's about the most important part of your army after all being almost 700 points and the general...

Good luck,
/Thargur

Deus Mechanicus
03-03-2009, 12:33
Im thinking of dropping the fell bats to add some items to the Lord (She originally had the Skull Staff but i had to drop it as it scored to low in comp). Isn't she protected enough with the Hauberk? It's true that she lacks some hitting power. Would using the 60 pts saved from the Fell Bats on Wristbands and the Sword of Kings or Balefire spike even it out? That would leave a few points unused.

Modaavi
03-03-2009, 15:22
The hauberk is not enough because the things you should be worried about either ignore armour saves, like killing blow, or will negate it, like a cannonball. You need a ward save of some sort to help mitigate these threats and for a large target flyer, the wristbands are your best bet.

Deus Mechanicus
06-03-2009, 23:46
The hauberk is not enough because the things you should be worried about either ignore armour saves, like killing blow, or will negate it, like a cannonball. You need a ward save of some sort to help mitigate these threats and for a large target flyer, the wristbands are your best bet.

OK i revised the list, the Nightshroud does thematicly fit the army better (Will be using the mounted Lahmia vampire model on the dragon so i changed her setup and paid for it with the bats

Vampire Lord 715 pts
- Zombie Dragon
- Level 3
- Lord of the Dead
- Master of the Black Arts
- Dark Acolyte
- Nightshroud
- Wristbands of Black Gold
- Blood Drinker

Vampire 170 pts
- Lord of the Dead
- Dark Acolyte
- Sceptre de Noirot

Vampire 145 pts
- Lord of the Dead
- Dark Acolyte

20x Grave Guard 290 pts
- Full Command
- Great Weapons

- Full Command

- Full Command

20x Skeleton Warriors 180 pts
- Full Command

5x Dire Wolves 40 pts

5x Dire Wolves 40 pts

5x Blood Knights 325 pts
- Full Command

2249 pts

The problem now beeing of course that in close combat she only wears a light armour even though she has some more punch in her with the Blood Drinker. The problem is i can't seem to get a good armour save for her without the hauberk

XXL
07-03-2009, 00:37
I love to see a dragon in a 2250 p list, dont have the balls to bring it :D

Can I ask you a question off topic? This "comp systems" peopel talk about, how do they work generally? Havent played warhammer for years and havent been in a big tournamnet for ages....

CaliforniaGamer
07-03-2009, 00:44
I would like to see a zombie drag mounted lord with alot punch so the blood drinker isnt doing it for me.

Things I like:
Dreadlance with Red Fury
Balefire spike with Hatred, red fury and beguile
Frostblade with Infinite hatred, redfury and beguile for a true super punch, but very very vunerable, you gotta have balls for this me thinks.

basically you get the picture, either Str7 on the charge attacks with red fury potentially giving you 4 extra attacks or the outright slaughter of the frostblade.

XXL
07-03-2009, 00:44
The problem now beeing of course that in close combat she only wears a light armour even though she has some more punch in her with the Blood Drinker. The problem is i can't seem to get a good armour save for her without the hauberk

Dont think you should put down the dragon against any units that has any big chance to strike back after you have done yours.

And I dont know if im to excited about puting a "casting" vamp on dragon. But its cool for sure :)