PDA

View Full Version : 2250 WoC List for Comp-free Tournament

pointyteeth
03-03-2009, 01:00
I'm going to be taking my Warriors of Chaos to a tournament at the end of May, and I wanted to get some comments/critisism (constructive of course) on the list I'm taking as I usually take fluffy lists and that wont cut it in the tournament I'm going to. I think I should mention 2 points first; one: this is for a no comp score tournament for 'ard players, and two: this is the second list I made after the first list was wiped from the field on the third turn by the Daemon army my buddy is taking to the same tournament (and only killing five furies in return).
So here it is:

Kholek Suneater

Hero on Chaos Steed
MoT, Flail, Bronze Armour of Zhrakk, Favour of the Gods, Collar of Khorne, Soporific Musk.

Sorcerer on Chaos Steed
MoN, Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Power Familiar

Sorcerer on Disc
MoT, Level 2, Spell Familiar, Armour of Morrslieb, Bloodcurdling Roar

3 units of 5 Marauder Horsemen
Flails, Chieftain

5 Chaos Knights
MoT, Lance, Champion, Standard, Blasted Standard

5 Chaos Knights
MoT, Lance, Champion, Standard

6 Forsaken

5 Forsaken

Kalec
03-03-2009, 01:26
Drop lances and champs from the knights. Give the unit without the blasted standard the mark of khorne and the warbanner.

Drop the forsaken.

Drop the exalted hero, you don't need him when you can get a whole unit of knights or DOgres instead.

Bring the sorcerers down to level 1 scroll caddies. They can still cast buboes with two dice each per magic phase, which is all they would do before but for a lot less.

Drop champs from the horsemen, give them mark of khorne and light armor (la does wonders against S3 spearmen and bowfire).

Pick up two units of three dragon ogres with great weapons. You will need them.

Fill out the rest of your points with warhounds unless you have a lot and want some spawn, which wouldn't be a bad choice at all but tend to struggle in a typical tourney environment. If you know there will be multiple woodelf players present then take a spawn or two if points allow.

This will give you four units of frenzied cavalry, a unit of cavalry with a 4+ ward vs shooting, two units of super-ogres with chariot smashing strength, two scroll caddies that will punish anyone with just two dd hard, and a brutal monster lord that specializes in zapping skirmishers and beating up other monsters, which is just what you need. Not going to have an easy time against a top daemon or VC list, but no WoC list will.

pointyteeth
03-03-2009, 16:57
Hi Kalec. Dropping the Forsaken isn't a problem as they are only point filler really. I would rather not take khorne as frenzy and I don't mix at all. I like the 2 units of dragon ogres, I'll see what I can drop to fit them in (if points will allow of course)

Kalec
04-03-2009, 03:20
Your cavalry will need the extra offense from frenzy. If you don't want frenzied knights then use dragon ogres instead. I think that you could afford to use MoK on the horsemen at the very least, since they are a bit harder to keep out of the game with the benefits of fast cav are are quite cheap even with the mark.

Ultimo ninja
04-03-2009, 04:37
40 models is very small...even with kolek..... you simply dont have enoug frontage and power to dominate the batlefield....If an opponent was smart, they would tie up kolek, smash the knights, eat the mauraders...then surround kolek and pick him apart.

pointyteeth
05-03-2009, 05:55
Well, I've tried out the army as I have it written above. I pulled out a draw against my buddy's uber daemon tournament list, which is a pleasant surprise to say the least. All I can say is that well...I want to try it again in another battle. Hopefully not against daemons...urg.

I have to say, Kholek is awesome. By game end, I only had Kholek with 4 wounds and 1 unit of marauder horsemen at full strength remaining, but the daemon army had taken a beating too. Kholek deserves some kind of medal as he killed the keeper of secrets, the masque, and a lone fiend (which was a pain in the a$$) with his shooting attack; and had killed the tzeentch herald and a few horrors, the khorne herald on jugger and two bloodcrushers, and a unit of furies in close combat.

A couple changes I might make are to drop the unit champion in the exalted hero's knight unit (the one without blasted standard) and give the knights MoN, then drop a couple Forsaken and merge the unit into one to give the marauder horsemen MoS (they had issues with charging fear causing units, just didn't want to).