PDA

View Full Version : Saw this and thought of you ;)

Kargos Bloodspit
02-05-2005, 22:25
Its over a year old, but I thought it deserved posting here. Found it whilst doing some research for my end of school prank (which if I have enough demands for information about I'll tell):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/3485625.stm

edit: even better, he has his own website:
http://www.anglegrinderman.org/

:0)
02-05-2005, 22:37
He gets death threats?

arxhon
03-05-2005, 00:52
If you own a vehicle, it is your god-given right to violate traffic laws!
:rolleyes:

Hiox
03-05-2005, 03:20
I could write a witty comment but he wouldn't deserve it. Let's just assume I call him an idiot and be done with it.

salty
03-05-2005, 19:44
Oh. My. God.

I give him three weeks before the police throw his lycra-clad backside in a cell.

Salty :)

The boyz
03-05-2005, 20:29
What an idiot.

Darius Rhiannon
03-05-2005, 20:35
Interesing indeed. Methinks a great many British males are obsessed with superheros.

The pestilent 1
03-05-2005, 20:47
Interesing indeed. Methinks a great many British males are obsessed with superheros.
Unicrons not a superhero though is he :confused:

heres hoping for some karmic retribution (not as good as divine retribution, but i seem to be the one getting all that right now)

Wez
03-05-2005, 21:05
I just hope Mr. Hand-cuff man comes along and puts Mr. attention-whore man away in jail, before Mr. attention-whore man lets more motorists get away with it.

That said:
His one-man crusade started last year when he was wheel clamped at a hospital - after being told to park his car there by a supervisor.

"I found the supervisor and he admitted liability but wouldn't take it off unless I paid 95.
Supervisor's not great himself.

One can't help but wonder what type of 'hospital' he was coming out of.;)

-Wez

Antaeus
03-05-2005, 21:44
Heh heh. I think it's pretty funny, even if I completely agree with wheel clamping, congestion charges and all the rest. (being a non-motorist myself - I don't like the things.)

Somehow I don't think the Mayor has too much to fear from him though...

Slazton
04-05-2005, 10:43
Well I think its cool that he is protesting against wheel clamping etc.

Being honest the English government is stupid when coming up with ploys to make us stop using personal vehicles and use public transport.

If they want to give me a speeding fine, I want to make a good police chase first before I get busted. With a speed camera I don't get that fun :(.

If they want to clamp my tyres for parking in a spot I was told to park at, then I will hire a frickin buzz saw and remove it.

If they give me a parking fine, then oh well :(. Trust me there is no fighting those as they usually appear when you are away from vehicle.

Congestion charges? Have they worked?

Most of what the Government does to encourage public transport is tell us to do it, but being fair, they don't own the systems, therefore they don't make any money out of it, so they attack motorists who still use cars etc.

Okay this dude is an escentric, but hey at least he's doing something.

Everyone rent some sort of a chain saw and lets join his Crusade! Arm yourself brothers for the wheel clamps are wily critters! For Freedom! (free cakes and tea at all meetings ;))

Drabant
04-05-2005, 11:34
If you own a vehicle, it is your god-given right to violate traffic laws!

It's not a right, it's an obligation.

This guy is a real life superhero. Though we don't have to live with moronic inventions like wheel clamps and road tolls here (yet), we already have trafic hazards known as speed cameras.

This country needs a superhero as well. *Goes looking for spandex*

The pestilent 1
04-05-2005, 21:24
It's not a right, it's an obligation.

This guy is a real life superhero. Though we don't have to live with moronic inventions like wheel clamps and road tolls here (yet), we already have trafic hazards known as speed cameras.

This country needs a superhero as well. *Goes looking for spandex*

i bet your the kind of guy that cuts up lorrys thinking "ah they cant go that fast, and with all that weight itll brake quickly anyway" arent you?

Drabant
05-05-2005, 00:22
i bet your the kind of guy that cuts up lorrys thinking "ah they cant go that fast, and with all that weight itll brake quickly anyway" arent you?

Huh? I judge the speed of an object on, well, it's speed, not what it looks like. And no, with all the ****** in traffic sleeping behind their wheels, you can never count on anyone braking.

The most dangerous drivers are the ones who believe they are safe drivers, following the rules to the letter but never adapting to the situation.

Slazton
05-05-2005, 11:33
Huh? I judge the speed of an object on, well, it's speed, not what it looks like. And no, with all the ****** in traffic sleeping behind their wheels, you can never count on anyone braking.

The most dangerous drivers are the ones who believe they are safe drivers, following the rules to the letter but never adapting to the situation.

AMEN!!!!!!

Trust me, if you are driving on the M4 and going 70 miles an hour (National Speed Limit), might as well stay in the left lane as you will cause problems. If traffic is going 80 and you are being over taken from the inside or alot of people are moving around you to over-take, then you sir, are a hazard.

Adapting to the situation is what has kept me alive. The only accident I have had was some one rear-ending me because I did not go around a car playing silly buggers trying to make a right turn (in South Carolina, USA), but did not and then did, then bam I get rear-ended because I just watched it happen instead of moving out of the lane.

Meh, speed cameras nerely killed me last night. I was doing 70mph (well 72-69 pending on where my foot was :p) and I was behind a car doing the same speed (left lane 12am at night, you know the drill, drive norm speeds). He braked hard! If I was not paying attention I would have hit him. There was no need to brake, but he did.

Speed Cameras, evil capatialism at work once more.

tzeentchgiant
05-05-2005, 16:49
@ Slazton

Actually he doesn't remove council clamps only private clamps allowed in England to be placed on cars parked in privete grounds. So he doesn't break government lay only private laws made for the profit of gits who have discovered a clever scheme to make money.

I don't believe this man will get into trouble for taking his message of frustration too far.

Also he's been on TV before on Fifth Gear talking about his work and how he helps people evade such charlitons that would restrict a vehicle for their own personnal profits, which is why it is legal to make up your own private clamping rules on your land.

TG

Scythe
05-05-2005, 18:27
What an idiot. But you got to admit, he got his publicity...