PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Lizardmen List

NoxiousQubert
03-03-2009, 03:39
This is the list I have been playing recently and so far it hasn't let me down. If you have any advice on my list feel free to let me know.

P.S. some good Aztec names would be appreciated.

The Great Old Blood Rexxigar (446)
Carnosaur, Light Armor, Shield, Blade of Realities

Skink Priest, Quotal (440)
Ancient Stegadon EotG, Dispel Scroll, Diadem of Power

Scar-Vet Kyrogar (141)
Cold One Armor, Great weapon

Saurus x 15 (183)
Champion, Musician

Saurus x 16 (194)
Champion, Musician

Skinks and Krox x 10 (106)
Musician

Skinks and Krox x 10 (106)
Musician

Skink Skrimishers x 11 (77)

Skink Skrimishers x 11 (77)

Terradon Riders x 3 (90)

Cold one Riders x6 (240)
Champion, Standard Bearer

Salamander Hunting Pack (150)
2 x Salamanders 6 x Skinks

Rydmend
03-03-2009, 06:14
Almost everything in your army is m6 or better, don't your saurus just get left in the dust? How have you dealt with this so far or has it not been an issue?

I really like the idea of using 1 krox with 10 skinks seems like it would be a pretty flexible unit with nice movment and a little bit of punch for 106 points. How has it worked for you so far?

My only complaint is that I really dislike terradons, It seems like you have enough quickness to deal with most backfield threats anyway.

At 90 point they arn't a horrible deal but I always feel like they are a throw away unit. Lets face it, once the rocks are gone they dont have much going for them. Especially if there are no war machines or single models sorcs on the board (this is really limited as well since anything like dwarves or orcs are gonna give them trouble), at that point you basically have 90 points of march blockers.

For those 90 points I think I would rather up the saurus ranks to 18 and give them spears or spend 75 points on another salamander in its own unit and then have 15 points for the skarvet to play with. Against heavy magic users I would ditch them for a second priest as a scroll caddy and extra DD.

NoxiousQubert
03-03-2009, 07:22
It really hasn't been a issue so far. The saurus don't really get left in the dust because the skinks are usually on the flanks along with the riders. A lot of my army also causes fear and terror tests which have been its strength along with its speed.

The Terridons are great if you know how to get them behind the enemy fast enough, which will allow you to march block. They are fragile like any flying unit. So far they havent let me down.

skink krox are my mini death stars they help out a lot when a block of saurus get locked down. They also give me more rank bonuses hehe.

magic and magic defense hasn't been real a problem all my heros have a major roll.

Almost everything in your army is m6 or better, don't your saurus just get left in the dust? How have you dealt with this so far or has it not been an issue?

I really like the idea of using 1 krox with 10 skinks seems like it would be a pretty flexible unit with nice movment and a little bit of punch for 106 points. How has it worked for you so far?

My only complaint is that I really dislike terradons, It seems like you have enough quickness to deal with most backfield threats anyway.

At 90 point they arn't a horrible deal but I always feel like they are a throw away unit. Lets face it, once the rocks are gone they dont have much going for them. Especially if there are no war machines or single models sorcs on the board (this is really limited as well since anything like dwarves or orcs are gonna give them trouble), at that point you basically have 90 points of march blockers.

For those 90 points I think I would rather up the saurus ranks to 18 and give them spears or spend 75 points on another salamander in its own unit and then have 15 points for the skarvet to play with. Against heavy magic users I would ditch them for a second priest as a scroll caddy and extra DD.

kroq'gar
03-03-2009, 07:49
Terradons are essentially flying cavalry... redirect etc with them

Necromancy Black
03-03-2009, 08:24
Seems pretty good for the lsit. I know from experiacne saurus are a great block unit so even if they get left behind they are still going to stop anything that trys and breaks through.

Not much else I can say, solid enough list, I like it. How about some name suggestions (using the army book as a guide...)

Old-Blood Loqai'axtaah (lohk-eye-ax-tar), the Ancient Curse of Death
Carnosaur Tlixlotl (Tlix-lot-al), the Great Slayer (Tl is a sound in the first lizardmen book uncommon to anyone but lizardmen)
Sar-vet Quixapatl (Ku-xah-pah-tal), the Solid Stone of Vengence

I like you priest name as is :D

NoxiousQubert
03-03-2009, 17:10
Seems pretty good for the lsit. I know from experiacne saurus are a great block unit so even if they get left behind they are still going to stop anything that trys and breaks through.

Not much else I can say, solid enough list, I like it. How about some name suggestions (using the army book as a guide...)

Old-Blood Loqai'axtaah (lohk-eye-ax-tar), the Ancient Curse of Death
Carnosaur Tlixlotl (Tlix-lot-al), the Great Slayer (Tl is a sound in the first lizardmen book uncommon to anyone but lizardmen)
Sar-vet Quixapatl (Ku-xah-pah-tal), the Solid Stone of Vengence

I like you priest name as is :D

yeah i will use my book thats a good idea. It was 4 in the morning when i was trying to think of names.

Conotor
03-03-2009, 22:16
Why no spears on the sarrus?

Necromancy Black
04-03-2009, 00:28
yeah i will use my book thats a good idea. It was 4 in the morning when i was trying to think of names.

Also, wikipedia is great for weird names that you would never think off :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_mythology

NoxiousQubert
04-03-2009, 02:38
Why no spears on the sarrus?

Didnt see the need to.

Necronoxz
04-03-2009, 10:33
Didnt see the need to.

10 more attack's ;) should be worth it :p

how you play the skinks's with 1 krox? how do you deploy them?

s s s s s s like this 1 rank bonus?
s s k k s s
- - k k - -

s s s s s like this 2 rank bonus? so if you add 1 more 3 rank bonus ;)
s k k s s
s k k s -

s s s s like this 0 rank bonus?
s k k s
s k k s
s s - -

let me know becouse I like to know how you play this kinda unit's and let me know if they make there point's!

NoxiousQubert
04-03-2009, 17:39
10 more attack's ;) should be worth it :p

how you play the skinks's with 1 krox? how do you deploy them?

s s s s s s like this 1 rank bonus?
s s k k s s
- - k k - -

s s s s s like this 2 rank bonus? so if you add 1 more 3 rank bonus ;)
s k k s s
s k k s -

s s s s like this 0 rank bonus?
s k k s
s k k s
s s - -

let me know becouse I like to know how you play this kinda unit's and let me know if they make there point's!

s s s s s
s k k s s
s k k

It gives one rank bonus and I may and one more in if its possible pulling points some where i can always tak out a single saurus and get 2 skinks.

Necronoxz
04-03-2009, 20:44
and for now does it work out?

NoxiousQubert
04-03-2009, 21:09
and for now does it work out?
It works pretty well i usually use the as charge support.